Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Cats and the christmas tree [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cats and the christmas tree

Steves LX
12-03-2008, 02:23 PM
So does anyone else have this problem? How do you keep your cat out of the christmas tree? I need some advise ASAP.
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w174/steveslx/feedback_image.jpg

99Slobra
12-03-2008, 02:29 PM
water bottle the thing when its on there.

That's what I did.

fst 5pto
12-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Try a shock collar!!!!

MrsAPE
12-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Think you just gotta live with it!!

PONYGRL
12-03-2008, 03:03 PM
I am afraid to put up my tree.... I have 2 kittens Tizzy and Tillman and they are like little children and get into everything.... they will have the thing tipped over with ornaments all over my condo in a matter of seconds, then I will have to listen to Chris.... I've tried spraying them in the face w/water when they misbehave but they like water and love baths.... so that does nothing.

Steves LX
12-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Yeah mine doesn't listen and the water bottle just pisses her off. She pays you back when your least expecting it.

PONYGRL
12-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Idk if there is anything you can do really. My mom said just dont hang ornaments at the bottom of the tree and they will leave it alone- YEAH RIGHT! They are like little vicious lions who get into everything. There is no way that will ever work. They are so weird and gross sometimes; their latest thing is getting in the toilet.... I mean "in" the toilet to the point that they are sopping wet.... I try to keep the door shut but every now and then I will forget... it only takes them 2 seconds to realize it too. :barf: Somehow every pet I have had so far has turned out to be weird and dysfunctional... and I'd hope it's not because of their owners...

RyanR
12-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Put a balloon by the tree. It worked for our cats.

PONYGRL
12-03-2008, 03:15 PM
They don't like balloons? I can see mine playing with it... till it pops then they will try to eat the rubber..

Holly
12-03-2008, 03:16 PM
BA HA HA HA! Me and the girls here at work are cracking up at that picture.

Mine don't get in my tree, I just come home to ornaments all over the house where they have been playing kitty soccer with them all day. They also like to open presents, I'll come home to them ripped apart (or I did last year anyway).

I'm thinking I might not put one up there year. I put some decorations up, and they are already messing with them.

There's really nothing you can do.... part of the joy of having cats. They don't do what you tell them to do, they aren't dogs. :lol: Although Rudy (my black panther cat) likes to play fetch. He brings bread ties to me, jumps up on the arm of my chair and drops them in my lap and meows at me. I throw it, he jumps down and retrieves it, and brings it back. He's by far the weirdest cat I have ever owned.

Black Horse
12-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Good thing you don't have a big dog keeping your tree watered too!

(That photo cracks me right up!)

YouGotJunk
12-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Take a couple strands of your Xmas lights and leave a couple bare wires showing. I'm willing to bet after they get hit with 110 a few times, they'll quit!

67Terror
12-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Somehow every pet I have had so far has turned out to be weird and dysfunctional... and I'd hope it's not because of their owners...

:lol: well their owner is kind of :screwy:

KobraII
12-03-2008, 03:32 PM
:lol: well their owner is kind of :screwy:

Zing! Haha

PONYGRL
12-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Oh hush Jefff LOL! Remember it takes 1 to know 1.

BA HA HA HA! Me and the girls here at work are cracking up at that picture.

Mine don't get in my tree, I just come home to ornaments all over the house where they have been playing kitty soccer with them all day. They also like to open presents, I'll come home to them ripped apart (or I did last year anyway).

Same here. I found this picture of Tillman when he was a little younger... it looks like he is practicing for the Christmas tree.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3288/3080911420_a6d2ee7a54.jpg?v=0

Take a couple strands of your Xmas lights and leave a couple bare wires showing. I'm willing to bet after they get hit with 110 a few times, they'll quit!

That is something Chris would say... he is so cruel to them 99.5% of the time.

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Gotta watch the cats around those foil ice sycles...my buddy's cat just ate a bunch of them and cost them something like 1200 to get surgery to keep it alive and they're still not sure if she's gonna make it.

Mista Bone
12-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Holly, the "ring" that is that after opening a milk jug, cats love to play with them :)

Holly
12-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Holly, the "ring" that is that after opening a milk jug, cats love to play with them :)

Yeah, I know. I drink Grape Propel, and he knows when I open one, he wants the ring.

I opened the downstairs closet door last Friday to get my xmas decorations out and there were at least 10 of them laying there, along with a bunch of furry fake mice. They like to bat them under that door.

12seclx
12-03-2008, 05:27 PM
I've always found antifreeze to be a great cure for cats (and dogs).:bigthumb

pegasus
12-03-2008, 05:34 PM
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq19/TexasPatriot/DaisyBBGun.jpg

Mustard
12-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Good thing you don't have a big dog keeping your tree watered too!

(That photo cracks me right up!)

Oh, wheres the pic of that????

BIGRED Z
12-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Gotta watch the cats around those foil ice sycles...my buddy's cat just ate a bunch of them and cost them something like 1200 to get surgery to keep it alive and they're still not sure if she's gonna make it.

OMG, that's awful. When my cat ate some, there was just a bit sticking out of the browneye. Looked pretty funny walking around with a glittery bunghole.

ewalt
12-03-2008, 11:54 PM
He brings bread ties to me, jumps up on the arm of my chair and drops them in my lap and meows at me. I throw it, he jumps down and retrieves it, and brings it back. He's by far the weirdest cat I have ever owned.

Haha, my cat Katie who died a few years ago lived for bread ties and would play fetch just the same. Although if you wouldn't throw them for her, she'd put them on her paw and flip them in the air herself. The same with milk rings. You couldn't even buy her a toy in the store, she'd have nothing to do with it.

Jaylynn
12-04-2008, 09:43 AM
My kitty (gone 5 years ago) used to LOVE the milk rings too - the best toy ever. I never thought a cat would Fetch until those!!!

cobrajoe
12-04-2008, 11:41 AM
I have five cats (all indoor) and they go nut over the damn milk rings. One puts all her damn mice (toy) under the stove. I'm always pulling that thing out. they leave the tree alone though and just sleep under it. guess cause it's near the fireplace.:rolleyes:

Scarlet03
12-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Does anybodys elses cat steal stuff? My cat Boomer will hit things with his paws and make it fall to the floor then if he can't pick it up with his mouth and carry it he'll just hit it so that it goes under something and can't see it. He loves lighters, I'm always looking under everything to see what he got he's paws on this time?:mad:::(

thecollector
12-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Does anybodys elses cat steal stuff? My cat Boomer will hit things with his paws and make it fall to the floor then if he can't pick it up with his mouth and carry it he'll just hit it so that it goes under something and can't see it. He loves lighters, I'm always looking under everything to see what he got he's paws on this time?:mad:::(

Contact lens cases..... with or without contacts inside. The common law wife kept telling me I was just losing them but I still have the same keys i got when I was 16 soooo. One day sitting on the couch here it comes past with one in its mouth. Synopsis= Funny when your watching from the couch, frustrating when the missing case contains your last pair.

ruby71oh
12-07-2008, 06:45 PM
My 2 cats LOVE the milk rings too! I'm not allowed to give them to the cats because then there are 14 of them under the fridge. Contact cases have tried to go missing, but they've been caught in action. I think the funniest was when my cat Presley was a kitten I had a pair of Sketchers...the thick heeled kind. She went running across the living room with the shoelace in her mouth as the shoe was flying behind her!

As far as the Christmas tree, I buy cheap, plastic bulbs to hang on the bottom for them to play with. This way when they go missing, it's not a big loss. Elvis is right now laying under the tree like a statuesque lion!

plattner01
12-07-2008, 07:59 PM
place a few of these around the xmas tree and no more cat problem.:bigthumb
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/skullzero/300px-US_M18a1_claymore_mine.jpg

tmotorsports
12-08-2008, 01:47 PM
someone told me get some cinnamon oil and mix it with a little water and spray it around the bottom of the tree.I'am gonna try this tonight.I had to put my 17 year old cat to sleep over a month ago and got me 2 new kittens izzy and ozzy brother and sister and they are into everything.I went to get a shirt out of the drawer under my bed this morning and they both were in there sleeping.

PONYGRL
12-08-2008, 01:56 PM
someone told me get some cinnamon oil and mix it with a little water and spray it around the bottom of the tree.I'am gonna try this tonight.I had to put my 17 year old cat to sleep over a month ago and got me 2 new kittens izzy and ozzy brother and sister and they are into everything.I went to get a shirt out of the drawer under my bed this morning and they both were in there sleeping.

That's cute....! You have Izzy and Ozzy and I have a Tillman & Tizzy. Those were their names when I adopted them 3 months ago, I just never changed them. Plus they are not worthy enough to be "Shelby" or "Steeda" like my pooches.

& they don't get much better. Mine have to be getting worse and are getting into everything still- 3 months later. They are fixed and declawed, but chase each other around and get on my furniture and scratch everything up... and I just got a new dining room table and haven't ordered a piece of glass for the top yet, so they better stop pushing my buttons!