Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Cashing in cans/aluminum prices [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cashing in cans/aluminum prices

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-01-2008, 12:16 PM
We go through a ton of pop at my house so we decided to try to get some cash back on all the cans we throw away and i think we've got enough to warrant a trip to cash them in. Where does everyone go to cash in aluminum and do all scrap places take cans? All i know of locally is Roundbottom Recycling...is there any other places around Eastgate/Beechmont/Amelia that i can go? What is aluminum going for per pound right now?

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-01-2008, 12:19 PM
OK just called Round Bottom, they're giving $.30 a pound...is that good or should i hold out for better?

Mista Bone
12-01-2008, 01:46 PM
metal prices dropped faster than oil/gas prices.

I don't take my cans in for cash, my local fire department has a bin behind the firehouse to drop off cans. They cash them in and money is either used for flowers and stuff outside the firehouse or usually donated to charites such at Shriners.

Cans used to get .75 a pound......

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Wow, yeah i seem to remember them being more profitable a few years ago. Maybe i'll check into the fire dept. and see if i can just donate them then.