Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Need a good divorce attorney [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need a good divorce attorney

BIGRED Z
11-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Well, my sister's (Erin) husband left her on Thanksgiving. They were to have their 10th anniversary in December. Anyway, he is not interested in reconciliation and it looks like divorce is imminent. Some of you know Erin, she's a good woman. We certainly didn't expect this, and on the holidays too.

Who knows a GOOD divorce attorney? I don't need a cut throat hack or anything, but I do need a competent one who will get her interests taken care of.

Thanks guys.

beefcake
11-29-2008, 04:01 PM
i'll have a name and # for you later

NaomiDstangLvr
11-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Well, my sister's (Erin) husband left her on Thanksgiving. They were to have their 10th anniversary in December. Anyway, he is not interested in reconciliation and it looks like divorce is imminent. Some of you know Erin, she's a good woman. We certainly didn't expect this, and on the holidays too.

Who knows a GOOD divorce attorney? I don't need a cut throat hack or anything, but I do need a competent one who will get her interests taken care of.

Thanks guys.
__________________Oh, that's sad! Men! :mad:

beefcake
11-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Alan Statman
His receptionist name is Linda and phone # is 531-345-1741

NXcoupe
11-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Hey, we're not all bad. That is some sad crap right there, couldn't have done it before or after the holidays, man.

Mista Bone
11-30-2008, 01:21 AM
Is your sister hot?

Just kidding. Honestly........any pics????

Any kids involved is the big question.......was he cheating or just cutting ties???

My Ex cheated on me and then wanted to split......told me at my sons 4th Bday party when ALOT of family was over, including my parents, THANKS for nothing!

MsBlkramair
11-30-2008, 10:40 PM
holy shit! Not Erin...............I am shocked right now. What happened? I am soooooo sorry. I hope she will be ok. She will need a lot of family around to console her for awhile. Please tell her I am so sorry to hear this.

BIGRED Z
12-01-2008, 09:34 AM
They reside in KY, no kids, they have a house but no real equity in this market. Yes she is hot.

Mista Bone
12-01-2008, 01:53 PM
LOL........

Honest question, is she looking to drag him thru the coals, or just split?

We went thru a disolution, even with a kid.

BIGRED Z
12-01-2008, 03:57 PM
No raking. Tell me about the disolution. She is interested in this.

Mista Bone
12-01-2008, 05:13 PM
everything has to be agreed upon before going to court, usually about $500 + filing fees.

EVERYTHING, I cannot stress this enough. Property esp.

Hint: whoever pays for the lawyer, gets to stand next to him in front of a judge. Since I paid the fees, the exwife had a public defender, I've never seen he so humbled like than. The judge was Lee Graines daughter and man was she harsh, told my soon2be exwife to get a job and support herself and the kid, her meal ticket was over!!!!!!

Quick check in KY law, dissoultion is not final until the couple have lived apart for 60 days.

PS: Tax deductions also need to be agreed upon for filing.

Jaylynn
12-02-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm sorry to hear that - not a great time for it to happen....

I don't know if your sister works or stays home with kids or anything - i heard Suze Orman tell someone the other day to not file (was a stay at home mom) until after 10 years due to Social Security. I guess after 10 years the spouse would qualify for their own SS or 1/2 of the spouses (doesn't reduce amt spouse gets) whichever is higher. That's gotta make a diff for someone who's been a homemaker or has a much lower paying job than the spouse.

MsBlkramair
12-02-2008, 08:27 PM
I also did a dissolusion with my ex. we had to have every holiday written down, etc for shared parenting. Very strict! But we have since made it amicable and we do our own thing. It was easy. I just remember that the judge asked in court if I was pregnant.......you can't get a divorce if your pregnant (even if its not the husband's baby). I was weirded out by that one.