Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
FOP Plates? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : FOP Plates?

PONYGRL
11-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Does anybody know how to go about getting FOP license plates? I need to renew my tags and was thinking about it.... Is it something you can do at the court house? I know you have to make a donation of a certain amount to the Fraternal Order of Police then you can get a plate. I would consider this especially if I get a new car within the next couple weeks... otherwise I guess I'll just get vanity plates again.

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the input.

Rich
11-29-2008, 09:16 AM
You have to be a current "active"(in good standing) member of a FOP lodge. In order to do this...you have to work for a law enforcement .

67Terror
11-29-2008, 12:13 PM
I have this one
http://www.campbellcountykyclerk.org/tracoms_clerk/cpt/836.php?id=79066&opc=9&opcDisplay=15

PONYGRL
11-29-2008, 07:10 PM
That sucks....it just seems like TONS of people have the plates though... I literally saw 20 today probably.

FireStang02
11-30-2008, 10:37 AM
You are probably referring to the law enforecement memorial plate. It has a badge on it. Lots of people thin they are FOP plates. Here is the info straight from the KY Law Enforcement Memorial Foundation. Good cause in my book.

The new KLEMF/Fallen Officer's Trust License Plates are now available for purchase. The plates have been redesigned with a bolder, more distinctive appearance. The income from the sale of this plate represents a large portion of our fundraising efforts.

While there are many specialty license plates to choose from, we hope that you will consider attaching our plate to your vehicle(s) when it is time to renew your current registration. What better way to show your support of our law enforcement professionals than honoring those who have given their life for the Commonwealth of Kentucky. These brave men and women who choose law enforcement as a career do so knowing the dangers of protecting the populace, enforcing the laws, and keeping our society civil and, above all else, safe for everyone.

Every time we lose an officer in the line of duty, it is only headlines that most of us see. But these officers leave behind families that must be cared for, children that must be educated, and spouses who are suddenly single. Through your generous donations and support this foundation can, and is, helping these families.

You may purchase these plates in the county where you reside. They are available in all 120 counties in Kentucky. Just ask for the KLEMF/Fallen Officer's Trust License Plate.

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Mark Turner
Board Chairman, Kentucky Law Enforcement Memorial Foundation

Black92LX
11-30-2008, 03:59 PM
you are probably referring to the Law Enforcement Memorial Plate. Anyone can pay a little extra for it.
http://www.kve.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/9DAE7E47-32EA-4317-810D-726BF4A81D91/0/KLEMFPlateLogo.jpg

This is the FOP Tag
http://www.boylecountyclerk.ky.gov/images/licenseplates/fop.jpg
And yes you must be an active member to get one.

Katmandu
12-01-2008, 12:13 AM
FYI, having a "Badge" on your plate won't necessarily keep you from getting a ticket.

NUTTSGT
12-05-2008, 10:16 PM
You have to be a current "active"(in good standing) member of a FOP lodge. In order to do this...you have to work for a law enforcement .

Same with the IAFF plate. . . . you actually need a form signed by a Local officer.

thecollector
12-06-2008, 09:47 PM
FYI, having a "Badge" on your plate won't necessarily keep you from getting a ticket.

It surely doesn't hurt.

When I got my first mustang years ago i was only seventeen and was to young to put it in my name, So my old man put it in his name. In vietnam he racked up 3 purple hearts 2 bronze stars and 3 oak leaf clusters. He chooses to use the purple heart plates as leverage in traffic situations. It saved me numerous times:

1 red light violation
1 speeding (36 in a 25)
1 wreckless op/arrest (clocked @106 in a 55mph in St. Bernard on I-75) cop wrote my speed on the ticket but didn't sumonse me to court or arrest me and impound my car. The fine bracket was only for 20 mph over.
1 expired tag ticket
1 window tint ticket

I kow there are law enforcement officers don't care to much but fortunately my experience has been that many do...

Even if you only get out of one ticket it more than pays for itself and its for a great cause anyway.