Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Appliances Experience / Recomendation [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Appliances Experience / Recomendation

93cobra
11-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Looks like I'll be dropping a boat load of cash tomorrow on:

Washer
Dryer
Frig
Stove
Dishwasher

ETC ETC & everything else needed to move in to our new house this month (Believe me I wish it was being spent at Craigs on Cobra goodies)...lol

I guess I'll try to shop around for best deals etc..

Anyone on here that works in this field or other home owners that experienced quality or nightmares in general with brands...Kenmore, GE, LG, and the list goes on...please post your 2 cents...

I couldn't tell you what is worth every penny or absolute junk

Thanks in advance!
Johnny K

supercab78
11-28-2008, 03:36 PM
I know the new Maytags at the firehouse keep needing worked on, plus I've read they aren't what they used to be. We did buy a new GE dryer last year, no problems yet. My neighbor has a stacked washer/dryer combo, I don't now the brand, it's about 5 years old he had to fix it about four times.

mustang8998
11-28-2008, 03:43 PM
I've always had good luck, with Whirlpool appliances.

k062693w
11-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Whirlpool Gold Series here !!! Every single appliance, 5 years and not a single problem..

Black Horse
11-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Whirlpool, Kenmore, Maytag - all the same manufacturer!

93cobra
11-28-2008, 04:18 PM
thanks for info guys!

i'll see what deals are out there tomorrow...

Timido
11-28-2008, 05:39 PM
I think mine are GE and Whirlpool. Check out Lee and Jacks in Batavia. I know they are on the other side of the world from you and I but I saved a bunch of money when I bought my appliances there. Alot of mine are Scatch and Dent at a considerable savings. Who cares if your oven has dents in the side of it you will never see them.

IWRBB
11-29-2008, 10:49 AM
A guy at work just bought new washer/dryer. The frontloading type. He did lots of research and settled on the Samsung model.

Fridges are pretty much bulletproof, just get the one you like on the inside and out. 90% of fridges are tossed out because the seals on the doors wear out, or people buy a more efficient model. They will run forever generally though. I'll say the same with a stove, get what you like based on appearance, as it's not likely to fail.

The dishwasher, I'm not going to advise anything, other than get a good one. They can flood your house if they stop working right.

Have you checked out the Sears outlet/scratch/dent store? You may be able to save a bundle. I mean, who cares if a dryer has a ding on the side.

cstreu1026
11-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Whirlpool Gold Series here !!! Every single appliance, 5 years and not a single problem..
Same here. Well a least the range, fridge, and dishwasher.

NXcoupe
11-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Kenmore here on everything but the stove, and that is jenaire. 10 years and still going strong. I highly recommend Kenmore, sears always has sales and special financing.

Jaylynn
11-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Kitchen Aid - Dishwasher

GE fridge\stove\microwave

Like Tim said Awesome deals at Lee and Jacks in Batavia - we got scratch & dent (can't see them) & they had rebates for us to submit too. They went out of their way to save us $ and we got nicer stuff than we'd planned.

FireStang02
11-30-2008, 10:41 AM
I would definitely suggest Kenmore. They are actually made by whirlpool to Sears standards. They are usually very competitive with pricing. I just snagged an awesome deal on a washer and dryer last week at their friends and family sale.