Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
2009 Dirty Dozen...SUGGESTIONS! [Archive] - Page 2 - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Dirty Dozen...SUGGESTIONS!

Pages : 1 [2]

adragon72
12-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Not true exactly. My car is out almost every weekend and I drive it around making passes in it all the time but come race day I load it up and go racing. Saves on Race gas money for one. You can't just get it at any station. I like having the peice of mind that if something was to happen I can just load it up and head home. I race almost everytime the track is open I know what it is like to be stuck at the track begging for someone to come and get you

i feel ya on not having a trailor i had to beg for a ride when mine blew up.

ofcourse at the time i read the rules and that is why mine was not there, also there is alot of thing i could do to my car for race day that i couldnt do for the street.

i was just under the asumption that you had to run it at the track in street trim. but assuming makes me an ass i guess lol.

any way was just a suggestion.

i hope we get this all figured out cause im ready to race lol.

chad393na
12-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Not true exactly. My car is out almost every weekend and I drive it around making passes in it all the time but come race day I load it up and go racing. Saves on Race gas money for one. You can't just get it at any station. I like having the peice of mind that if something was to happen I can just load it up and head home. I race almost everytime the track is open I know what it is like to be stuck at the track begging for someone to come and get you

Me too! Thanks for the tow! (You too Rich!)

MFIELD
12-01-2008, 05:49 PM
I agree with Metcalf on this one. I have a trailor and will always take my car to the track on it. That doesnt mean it doesnt get street driven. I would feel like a real tool if I had a trailor and had to ask someone else for a tow. We could always have a little street cruise from the track to a destination and back to the track when we have the shootouts.

1992MustangDW
12-01-2008, 06:18 PM
that would be cool MFIELD

flyin2jz
12-01-2008, 06:52 PM
I know this is gonna piss people off but i hate to tell ya that its not legal to use a full drag slick on the street thus taking 90 percent of the people off the list. If the dd is not for street vehicles on street type tires then its not even a fastest street car list. As far as broke list.... if your car wont go down the track and run within a tenth or so depending on weather its broke. If you need to trailer your shit to the track its broke. Its supposed to be for street cars right? Then drive it on the street. There are alot of us guys who wouldnt mind a n/a list but then we would be second fiddle. I dont wanna be on the list with a bunch of 11.50 cars Kevin

MFIELD
12-01-2008, 06:56 PM
I didnt think of the tires Kevin, I run ET streets

Metcalf Racing
12-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Well My car has slicks and it gets driven on them all the time. I don't even have street tires.

bbfstanger
12-01-2008, 07:54 PM
i agree with the trailer deal,it would suck to be stranded at the track,plus i bought it to use,pretty sure even vinny had a trailer lol!
i guess im alot easier on the broke stuff cause i do all my own stuff,i can fix the trans. almost as quick as a headgasket.rebuild a rearend even quicker.
i ran at all three tracks this year in the 10's with no rollbar and never got asked to leave.
streetcars dont have rollbars ,but racecars do.should they be disallowed?

Metcalf Racing
12-01-2008, 08:43 PM
i agree with the trailer deal,it would suck to be stranded at the track,plus i bought it to use,pretty sure even vinny had a trailer lol!
i guess im alot easier on the broke stuff cause i do all my own stuff,i can fix the trans. almost as quick as a headgasket.rebuild a rearend even quicker.
i ran at all three tracks this year in the 10's with no rollbar and never got asked to leave.
streetcars dont have rollbars ,but racecars do.should they be disallowed?Me and this guy here is on the same page:bigthumb:popcorn:

chad393na
12-01-2008, 09:11 PM
I agree with Metcalf on this one. I have a trailor and will always take my car to the track on it. That doesnt mean it doesnt get street driven. I would feel like a real tool if I had a trailor and had to ask someone else for a tow. We could always have a little street cruise from the track to a destination and back to the track when we have the shootouts.

This is a cool idea for the shootouts. I know that this isn't true street, but i'm sure that most, if not all of the DD cars could do it:bigthumb

05yellowgt
12-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Non-DOT approved tires can be run on the street sure, but I know johnny law won't be too happy about it if you get pulled over and the decide to look. Same goes for catalytic converters. An off road mid pipe was one of my first mods and I never plan on running a set on my car, but again technically it makes my car illegal to operate on public roads. I don't think either would make good criteria for the Dozen.

I have never had a car fast enough to compete in the Dozen, but I hope to be able to put an honest effort to make the Dozen for 09. If I make it great! If I can't cut it I know I tried and will have been able to spend a good part of my spring, summer and fall doing everything I can to be competitive and while at the same time being able to share that time hanging out at the track, cruises, and wrenching on each others cars with great people.

My last thought is that maybe we could make it the Baker's Dirty Dozen so I have one more slot to try and make it!!! JK

flyin2jz
12-02-2008, 12:51 AM
m field i think the tire should make some difference. If your shit needs a 22.5 in wide tire to run 10.20. you car already sucks. dont race it. I kinda understand trailers now, most bring them incase something bad happens. I myself dont have one which really hinders me from coming to events held in fricken kentucky. My shit aint fast enough for a trailer. unless i go the easy route and spray it eyes out like most do on the dd. which to me means nothing if we race 5 times in a row on the highway. on number 6 im gonna break your hymen. why bother. I would rather run n/a and go slow than trying to find filling stations for nitrous so that my car runs right. no thanks, borderline gay. Im just ranting at this point.... hell i dont know enough people to get on the list anyway. They especially dont want a na car on the list that would be embarrassing. lil 347 on there would look bad. 600 cube motor in a mustang is also borderline retarded. If it takes that much cubes your doing something drastically wrong.

mfoss
12-02-2008, 01:05 AM
m field i think the tire should make some difference. If your shit needs a 22.5 in wide tire to run 10.20. you car already sucks. dont race it. I kinda understand trailers now, most bring them incase something bad happens. I myself dont have one which really hinders me from coming to events held in fricken kentucky. My shit aint fast enough for a trailer. unless i go the easy route and spray it eyes out like most do on the dd. which to me means nothing if we race 5 times in a row on the highway. on number 6 im gonna break your hymen. why bother. I would rather run n/a and go slow than trying to find filling stations for nitrous so that my car runs right. no thanks, borderline gay. Im just ranting at this point.... hell i dont know enough people to get on the list anyway. They especially dont want a na car on the list that would be embarrassing. lil 347 on there would look bad. 600 cube motor in a mustang is also borderline retarded. If it takes that much cubes your doing something drastically wrong.

Your a fuggin idiot. The two top n20 cars (jason 408 and me) could bust your ass without spray.And why am i doing something wrong because i put a big motor in. Oh yea i know why because the bar has been raised and you still wont make the list. I m tired of the slow guys bitchin about everything. Spend the money if you wanna go fast. When i ran on spray it had a 47 n2o jet. NOT MUCH Jason runs less than me so stfu about your na car.

mustangboy
12-02-2008, 01:17 AM
How bout this, run what you brung and if you didn't bring enuff too fucking bad. You break, you get till the tracks close at the end of the season to back it up. That would eliminate all the weekly bickering about who broke this weekend at the track. Just show up with tags and proof of insurance. You guys are making this way too hard. Do we really freaking care how often the cars get driven, hell no. It just about who can go the fastest.

Silver Bullet
12-02-2008, 01:58 AM
Your a fuggin idiot. The two top n20 cars (jason 408 and me) could bust your ass without spray.And why am i doing something wrong because i put a big motor in. Oh yea i know why because the bar has been raised and you still wont make the list. I m tired of the slow guys bitchin about everything. Spend the money if you wanna go fast. When i ran on spray it had a 47 n2o jet. NOT MUCH Jason runs less than me so stfu about your na car.

LOL I wanted to be like you guess.... so I switched to a n/a car today!:D
Good luck on the build.... I will try to keep up! That thing is going to be NASTY! Oh..... to post something so I don't get the:popcorn:, Craig, put a little less butter on that shit, I don't want to get fat!:lol:

Keep the rules the same. Define broke.... and less crying. Keep it fun guys. We all love the same thing... going faster. :bigthumb

cobrajoe
12-02-2008, 04:30 AM
starting to sound like a damn Peanuts cartoon!

wha ma wha wa, blah blah blah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cvotwO0Kwo
:lol::lol::popcorn::bigthumb:eek:

93 coupe
12-02-2008, 07:01 AM

Well said! :bigthumb

bbfstanger
12-02-2008, 07:43 AM

X2! well i know of 2 goin 550cubes thatll bust that all alum. 347 ass lol!

stang85vert
12-02-2008, 07:44 AM
anybody got a peace pipe or a open track cause they are going to need it lol

Maximus
12-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Do I need to clean this up? Or can you guys play nice?

bbfstanger
12-02-2008, 11:19 AM
no prob. just web talk

1992MustangDW
12-02-2008, 11:26 AM
I cant believe this thing has 272 post, just let the dd members decide broke or not all other rules stay the same.

Maximus
12-02-2008, 11:30 AM
I cant believe this thing has 272 post, just let the dd members decide broke or not all other rules stay the same.

Thats one of the best ideas Ive read.:bigthumb

Holly
12-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Splitting the Dozen into different categories NA or PA would, I think, be degrading to some. Oh some arent fast enough to be on the Dozen, but they are running NA so SBZ made a special designation just for them. Guys bust their ass to be on the DIRTY DOZEN and splitting it into two categories would take away from it. When someone sees a DD sticker on a car, it doesnt say, NA or PA. It says that person is one of the 12 fastest cars in the Tri-State area, PERIOD.

AGREED 100%

Quite honestly, I'm not up for changing a whole lot on the DD rules (but that's just my opinion). Vinny set them, they are pretty straight forward, but people still want to bitch and moan - which is why Craig is now in charge (he knew what Vinny wanted to happen with this list). I think a few rules need to be "tweaked" but I can tell you right now, we are not starting two different DD lists. I hate that idea. There's only going to be one DD list, the fastest cars, and that's that.

Stangbangerz 2009 Dirty Dozen

I see some fun/fierce competition in store for next year. :evilgrin:

Thanks for babysitting this thread Craig! ;)

ibstrokin
12-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Honestly, having a thread like this is just inviting complaints and arguements. Had we never had this thread, people would have already accepted what is.

Maximus
12-02-2008, 12:06 PM
AGREED 100%

Quite honestly, I'm not up for changing a whole lot on the DD rules (but that's just my opinion). Vinny set them, they are pretty straight forward, but people still want to bitch and moan - which is why Craig is now in charge (he knew what Vinny wanted to happen with this list). I think a few rules need to be "tweaked" but I can tell you right now, we are not starting two different DD lists. I hate that idea. There's only going to be one DD list, the fastest cars, and that's that.

Stangbangerz 2009 Dirty Dozen

I see some fun/fierce competition in store for next year. :evilgrin:

Thanks for babysitting this thread Craig! ;)

No problem....I wonder if anyone is going to complain when a certain Chica gets her name on the list.:eek:;)

Honestly, having a thread like this is just inviting complaints and arguements. Had we never had this thread, people would have already accepted what is.

There is always someone that is going to complain. Thats why I am trying to get EVERYONES suggestions so when we do revise the Dozen, it will hopefully cover some of the "bad points":)

k062693w
12-02-2008, 12:06 PM

OK Mr. Lawyer!!! :flipoff:

:lol:

ibstrokin
12-02-2008, 12:10 PM
OK Mr. Lawyer!!! :flipoff:

:lol:

When I want your opinion, I'll give it to ya.:flipoff:

k062693w
12-02-2008, 12:18 PM
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to ya.:flipoff:

:flipoff: http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/k062693w/finger.gif :flipoff:

:lol: -----------:lol:

bbfstanger
12-02-2008, 01:02 PM

your right its all craigs fault j/k lol!

Maximus
12-02-2008, 01:33 PM
your right its all craigs fault j/k lol!

I accept all responsibility.

mcat
12-02-2008, 03:25 PM
:popcorn:

flyin2jz
12-02-2008, 03:48 PM

mcat
12-02-2008, 04:02 PM

fasthawk
12-02-2008, 04:42 PM
stick to the rules and enforce them as rule #7 legal tags, insurance , dot tires,at least 2 seats in car, exhaust to rear axle .define broke, hell that could be out of nos because the car will not run with in a second of what it will with a full bottle.

fasthawk
12-02-2008, 05:12 PM

mfoss
12-02-2008, 05:27 PM

fasthawk
12-02-2008, 05:35 PM

mfoss
12-02-2008, 05:45 PM

mcat
12-02-2008, 05:48 PM

mfoss
12-02-2008, 05:49 PM

YouGotJunk
12-02-2008, 05:56 PM

fasthawk
12-02-2008, 06:01 PM

Maximus
12-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Since there seems to be no more Creative suggestions, consider this thread closed.
If you guys want to call each other out, start a new thread.

Thank you for all the suggestions (good and/or Bad) They will be considered and the rules will be posted soon.

Craig

Maximus
03-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Its on! Good luck to everyone!!!