Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
2010 mustang release VIDEO [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 2010 mustang release VIDEO

auto alchemist
11-20-2008, 02:34 AM
the falken mustang sounds AMAZING, i think im going to have to see the new mustang up close to decide if i like the new look though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scnwm3aOBuI

firestang70
11-20-2008, 12:44 PM
I saw the show SPEED. I was a little skeptical with the pics of the new car. On TV it looked better. I will hold my judgement till I see one in person. I think the Kona blue is gorgeous though.

PONYGRL
11-20-2008, 06:47 PM
That was totally badass.... I really like the blue color too ;) I can't wait to finally see it at the auto expo.

djom1cincy
11-20-2008, 07:43 PM
I dont know. I seen a little bit of the 05 GTO rearend for some reason. Might be the longer front end and short deck lid.

INSANEBA
11-20-2008, 11:10 PM
The front looked right, with the gt500 grille and the lower hood line. I think it looks meaner, and the hood had a small cowl to it too... The presentation was sweet for sure, V. Gitten Jr. is a lucky sob...

5.0calypso93lx
11-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Ummm, barely looks anything different than the current model. What are these going to weigh?

Waffles
11-21-2008, 05:05 PM
They don't say what motor it has. I've been reading, and a lot of places are saying it's just a 4.6 with a few tweaks to squeeze a couple of extra ponies out of it (ie a CAI).

But then I read this:

"But the Mustang GT model's V-8-currently a 4.6 liter, SOHC, three-valver-will be replaced by a new 5.0-liter engine that's essentially an evolution of the old architecture," from MotorTrend.

"A 5.0-liter V8 will replace the current 4.6-liter V8, which should result in a decent bump in horsepower. It's not an all-new engine, though, merely an enlarged version of the 24-valve SOHC V8," on Edmunds.

And, what happened to the 400hp 6.2L that was rumored? I'm just not sure how Ford intends to compete in the muscle car market in the 300hp range when Chevy and Dodge are in the 400hp range.

IWRBB
11-21-2008, 06:41 PM
They don't say what motor it has. I've been reading, and a lot of places are saying it's just a 4.6 with a few tweaks to squeeze a couple of extra ponies out of it (ie a CAI).

But then I read this:

"But the Mustang GT model's V-8-currently a 4.6 liter, SOHC, three-valver-will be replaced by a new 5.0-liter engine that's essentially an evolution of the old architecture," from MotorTrend.

"A 5.0-liter V8 will replace the current 4.6-liter V8, which should result in a decent bump in horsepower. It's not an all-new engine, though, merely an enlarged version of the 24-valve SOHC V8," on Edmunds.

And, what happened to the 400hp 6.2L that was rumored? I'm just not sure how Ford intends to compete in the muscle car market in the 300hp range when Chevy and Dodge are in the 400hp range.

Sell lots of V6 models to women. Seriously. GM raped Ford in HP from 93-03. The Mustang kept selling and the Camaro was cut. It's not about competing with anyone HP wise, it's about making profit. Ford knows what the competitors will have, and they know how close they need to stay. You wouldn't be seeing a 5.0L coming out if they weren't trying to keep up. They won't be ahead though, they usually never are.

Waffles
11-22-2008, 12:45 AM
Ugh, I guess you're probably right. But about the motor, anyone know which motor it actually is? Is this s pushrod motor? A 5L mod motor? Still a 4.6L?

cobrajoe
11-22-2008, 06:45 AM
Ugh, I guess you're probably right. But about the motor, anyone know which motor it actually is? Is this s pushrod motor? A 5L mod motor? Still a 4.6L?

4.6 3v with new cam profile, cai, fuel mapping! 315hp Tq ???

I think the 5.0L (mod motor) stuff is in the pipe line. Ie: more vintage models being resurrected Ie: BOSS???? At least that's what the rumor mill has going.

untamed
11-22-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm not real fond of it. I do not like the front end at all but, I too will have to see it in person.

graysonracin
11-22-2008, 09:10 PM
It looks alright, it will have to grow on me though. At the end of the video it shows another video Reveal up close and personal, the wheels look very cool.

INSANEBA
11-23-2008, 12:11 PM

But then I read this:

I think that Ford has always held back a little in the hp area, for the owners to do with them as they see fit. Think about the fox bodies ans sn95's, 225 hp when the others were near or in the 300hp range. I dunno, I always thought of those cars as the original kit cars. You buy one, then buy boxes of bolt on parts and bump the hp up and go racing. The reveal show said it was a 4.6 3v motor and around 315hp and like 363 or 336 lbft. I'd love to see a 5.0 mod come factory though, that would be saweet:bigthumb

MustangChuck
11-23-2008, 02:10 PM
I am all the time "discussing" the Ford vs. GM pony car battle with a friend of mine. He insists that his Trans Am is a superior car because it has more horsepower. He doesn't care how the car looks, just if it goes fast or not. I on the other hand argue that although Mustangs off the bat may not be as powerful as some GM pony cars, but that they have a lot better styling.

INSANEBA
11-25-2008, 10:31 AM
I used to be one of those more hp means a superior car guys lol, then I saw the light. Obviously, I own a notch lol, but it's got more hp than those f-bodies do now lol...