Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
NEW JOB!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : NEW JOB!!

VuNiT3
11-18-2008, 09:05 AM
I can't take it anymore! This is the most thankless job I have ever worked. I have been here for a year and a half, and this place has got me so stressed and on edge, it is not worth it anymore. If anyone hears of a company needing a payroll and billing person, please let me know. I have to make at least $35,000, more would be nice:D. I would like to stay in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area, but I will drive farther if I have to. Any help would be appreciated.

PONYGRL
11-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Bummer.... I hear you though, trust me. I absolutely cannot wait to graduate because I won't have to do b# work everyday, like I have done the past 3 and a half years.

I'll check my company's job listings website tomorrow at work for ya and let you know if I see anything worthwhile.

KobraII
11-18-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm not even waiting to graduate and I'm lookin' for a new job. The job I have now came with so much bullshit that I don't want to deal with. I just want to go to work, make some money, and possibly like what I do. I didn't mind work, but after I became a manager, I just got overpiled with responsibilities and the pay raise wasn't even worth it...

Holly
11-18-2008, 10:06 AM
They just asked us around here if anybody wanted to "cut" their hours. I can't afford to do that, and luckily, I have seniority, I have been here longer than any of the other secretaries.

A couple of them offered to cut back. I have a feeling somebody is going to lose their job, not enough work to keep everybody busy.

Jenny Roo - be lucky you have a job right now! Even if it is a sucky job, at least it's a job, and a paycheck. ;)

REDHOTGTGIRL
11-18-2008, 10:20 AM
I hear you! Things are really tough around our office. Not only is there all kinds of office politics crap stressing everyone out, but we all just got cut back to 4 day work weeks and are taking a 20% pay cut until the end of the year. Joy. I'm glad I still have a job, but it totally sucks! If things don't get better by January, I'm pretty sure 1 or 2 people will be let go. It really does suck around here these days.

Good luck with your job hunt, I hope it works out well for you.

VuNiT3
11-18-2008, 10:40 AM
I know the economy is shitty right now, and it definitely isn't the best time to be job hunting. It just seems like everyday I come in here, something is wrong. I don't know what to do anymore. I am the only non-manager, who works weekends. Actually, nobody besides me and my boss work weekends. Oh well, nothing I can do about it during these rough times. :(

KB1
11-18-2008, 01:09 PM
My company has cut or eliminated 38 jobs in the past two weeks! To put it into perspective I have been here 16 years & have not seen one layoff or elimination of a job since I have been employed here, things definately suck everywhere, there is no "greener grass anywhere":(

Kevin

REDHOTGTGIRL
11-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Wow, that sucks. But I'm afraid there is going to be more of this to come before it starts to get better.

Gearhead
11-18-2008, 01:14 PM
We just laid off 1300 people, with another 1700 scheduled to be laid off in January. :(

Silver Bullet
11-18-2008, 01:30 PM

Jenny Roo - be lucky you have a job right now! Even if it is a sucky job, at least it's a job, and a paycheck. ;)

Well said... with this economy!:(

plated
11-18-2008, 04:35 PM
i just made a job change myself today,got sick of my work not keeping me busy for the past 2 months it was dead i had to make a change,hopefully this ones works out,my g/f has been looking everyday for 2 weeks and can't find anything at all you may wan't to stay where your at till you find something else i wish you and matt the best of luck keep your head up

PonymanfiveO
11-18-2008, 09:31 PM
i wish you and matt the best of luck keep your head up

Aww, thanks bud. :cool1:

We need to hang out sometime. Its been too long. :)

cobrajoe
11-19-2008, 03:01 AM
Jen, There might be a opening at T's job soon I'll let you know when it does. Matt I can still make some calls for ya if ya want.

PONYGRL
11-19-2008, 08:41 AM
I hear ya. It's horrible right now. My boyfriend's been laid off for... I think like 4 months now, maybe longer? He has to drive over an hour to and from Maysville everyday, since that is the only way he can work. It sucks but what can you do? My brother who is also an electrician is also worrying as well. He just switched to the trade and is at the very bottom, new to the trade, raising 2 kids by himself, with a mortgage, car, childcare, etc. Idk what he would possibly do if that happens.

And Jen, I just checked and the only thing remotely related to billing that I could find is an Underwriting Submission Clerk, which is very similar to what I do... and I wouldn't really reccommend, as you would do b# work, just in a different department as me. I'll keep an eye out though.

Lately, I think about other people and their dilemnas and I guess I should just be grateful I "have" a job. Even crappy jobs are very difficult to find because all of the people who lost their jobs have taken a lot of the jobs that younger kids/college students usually have, just to make ends meet. It's unbelieveable how many people have lost their jobs already and I just read an email with a list of all the companies and stores that are expected to close in the upcoming months- craziness!

cobra_SVT_Girl
11-19-2008, 11:16 AM
Seems like everyone is feeling the pinch these days. I'm sorry to hear about your job Jen. I will make sure to keep my eyes and ears open.

I'm so very thankful for both of my jobs! I love being a Social Worker. As long as people have problems, I'll have a job :)

02mingryGT
11-19-2008, 11:41 AM
I've been laid off for about a month now and there's pretty much nothing out there. I'm in the process of trying to get some schooling paid for since I am "dislocated". If I do I'll probably go into Oracle or some kind of IT since that and medical are the only ones that have a need for employees.

04 Venom
11-19-2008, 12:14 PM
If anyone is interested, federal jobs are posted on www.usajobs.gov.

BIGRED Z
11-20-2008, 12:35 AM
If anyone is interested, federal jobs are posted on www.usajobs.gov.

I work at the VA here in Clifton, I can put a word in for you if need be.

Thank God my job has security, no shortage of sick folks here. But Ron is certainly seeing a cutback in his hours. So we're feeling the pinch too.

Maximus
11-20-2008, 12:37 AM
Everyone is feeling this.:( It sucks.:mad:

Mista Bone
11-20-2008, 01:52 AM
Times are getting tight.....I might end up working for my 19 yo son, How fucked up is that?

I did find out my 14 years in a UFCW union would raise my starting pay at Krogers and not have to start out as a bagger/cart person.