Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Cool Tools!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cool Tools!!!

PonymanfiveO
11-12-2008, 01:10 PM
I just got my new Pinion Depth Tools in the mail. These are Ford Rotunda Special Service Tools, they aid in finding the correct pinion ship when installing gears in an 8.8 diff. Big time saver!

If anyone needs a gear install, I can now hook you up! :bigthumb

craigels
11-12-2008, 01:26 PM
:D

Rock on dude!

Black Horse
11-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Damn.....that would save a ton of time trying to get everything set-up correctly the first time. You da man!

Brandon Alsept
11-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Awesome where did you finally find em? I have been watching Ebay alot LOL

plattner01
11-12-2008, 03:56 PM
I just got my new Pinion Depth Tools in the mail. These are Ford Rotunda Special Service Tools, they aid in finding the correct pinion ship when installing gears in an 8.8 diff. Big time saver!

If anyone needs a gear install, I can now hook you up! :bigthumb

you already did mine:) quess it would have made it easier when you installed my 4:10 gear:lol:
it still feels wierd having my car here at home and not at modular depot, :eek:

Holly
11-12-2008, 04:07 PM
You boys and your toys! :lol:

Speaking of, I have a few tools I am wanting to sell. I will take pictures of them and post them later, I'm not sure exactly what they are, but Craig and Joe saw them when they were at my house in September. Not really tools, more like drafting (CAD) stuff. Things Vinny used, that I will never have any use for.

nskaats
11-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Nice find Matt. Looks like a definite time saver and a valuable tool. I can't tell you how many idiots I've seen reuse the original pinion shims without checking depth when changing gears. It makes me want to hurt people.

Holly, I'm very interested in any CAD software you may have. I'll be looking for your post with details.

92coupe
11-12-2008, 06:44 PM
We always use a good set of calipers, Measure the old stack then measure the new gear and do the math fo the shims.

Holly
11-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Holly, I'm very interested in any CAD software you may have. I'll be looking for your post with details.

What's your email? I will email you some pictures.

PonymanfiveO
11-12-2008, 10:02 PM
you already did mine:) quess it would have made it easier when you installed my 4:10 gear:lol:
it still feels wierd having my car here at home and not at modular depot, :eek:

I used Big Mikes set when I did your 4.10 set Mark. ;)
I figured it was time to man up and buy my own set.

Awesome where did you finally find em? I have been watching Ebay alot LOL

PM sent dog. ;)

Nice find Matt. Looks like a definite time saver and a valuable tool. I can't tell you how many idiots I've seen reuse the original pinion shims without checking depth when changing gears. It makes me want to hurt people.

Im all about doing shit the right way. I hate when people half ass stuff and give it the ol' "It'll be allright" :rolleyes:
Especially gear installs, people dont realize how critical it is to get everything just right. Ive seen too many expensive gear sets destroyed by not being set up right.

Anyone need some gears set up, shoot me a PM. :cool2:

gtbadboy
11-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Sweet Matt

plattner01
11-13-2008, 03:05 AM
how goes the cdl testing??

nskaats
11-13-2008, 08:40 AM
Im all about doing shit the right way. I hate when people half ass stuff and give it the ol' "It'll be allright" :rolleyes:
Especially gear installs, people dont realize how critical it is to get everything just right. Ive seen too many expensive gear sets destroyed by not being set up right.

Amen brother! Try owning an F-body and hearing everyone tell you that you're an idiot for building your 10-bolt for a street car. You hear a lot of "Mine was built with everything and I blew it up doing 1.8 60' times." Having all the parts doesn't mean it was set up right. It's common place for "professionally" built 10-bolt to grenade on a car that does 1.8 to high 1.7 60' times. Mine has seen high 1.5 60' times and consistent 1.60-1.61 60' times pretty regular without any issues....on stock axles, stock carrier, and using a crush sleeve instead of a solid spacer.

Set up is so critical and a lot of "pros" think they can just bolt-in a set of gears and go.

Holly, my email is nskaats@insightbb.com

Stangman
11-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Set up is so critical and a lot of "pros" think they can just bolt-in a set of gears and go.

funny you say that...

My '89 GT had a 2.73 in it stock, then had a 4.10, then a 3.73, then finally a 4.10 again...

And by the time I bought the car it howled worse than a pack of wolves!! :lol:

I took the rearend apart, and the carrier just FELL out of the rearend!!!

NXcoupe
11-13-2008, 09:48 AM
I have had that exact set for 10 years now. Very good decision. You will also need a universal pinion depth gauge for setting up the off brand gears. That tool works well for the factory FRPP style gears, but others won't work correctly. You will figure it out as you do more.