Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Rusty Windsors [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Windsors

thecollector
11-09-2008, 09:57 PM
So I start last night on a "simple" water pump replacement job on my 91 LX and of course 3 bolts broke off in the timing cover. I have a deadline to work a trade deal on this car by Wed. and I really need to get this thing wrapped up. If anyone has a stud puller that I could borrow it would be greatly appreciated and would turn my rant thread into a thanks thread. I also need 3 bolts (stud style) as replacements so if anybody has any for sale shoot me a pm and Ill gladly clean them out of your bolt box. I have a drill bit and a 5/16-18 tap standing by but I was hoping it wouldn't come to that. Maybe enough PB Blast, a stud puller and the heat wrench will get them out. If anybody has any ideas Im open to suggestions. I had to strip the front of the motor of all accessories, and of course it was colder outside last night then a witches titty in brass bra. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Stangman
11-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Ben, call Moorehouse Welding over off of Tealtown Rd in Eastgate. They can weld the broken studs and pull them out. They do it ALL the time. :bigthumb

1986GT
11-10-2008, 07:15 PM
and of course it was colder outside last night then a witches titty in brass bra.

doing push ups in the snow.:D

thecollector
11-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Ha,

Got em out with the heat wrench vise grips and plenty of patience. Now if only I could find some replacements....