Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Auto Insurance...shop around? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Auto Insurance...shop around?

PonymanfiveO
10-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Im thinking about shopping around for new Auto Insurance.
I never really have before. Since Ive had my own policy, I just went with who my parents use. Liberty Mutual

Im getting kinda fed up with them. Seems like they only want me to talk to my one agent, and it takes days for him to call me back. He never seems to be in the office either. Damn I need a job like that. :rolleyes:

I have a Honda Civic and a Dodge truck with liability and renters insurance. I pay about $100 a month now on all that.

Who do you recommend?
Who to stay away from?

95redstang
10-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Im thinking about shopping around for new Auto Insurance.
I never really have before. Since Ive had my own policy, I just went with who my parents use. Liberty Mutual

Im getting kinda fed up with them. Seems like they only want me to talk to my one agent, and it takes days for him to call me back. He never seems to be in the office either. Damn I need a job like that. :rolleyes:

I have a Honda Civic and a Dodge truck with liability and renters insurance. I pay about $100 a month now on all that.

Who do you recommend?
Who to stay away from?

We use State Farm.. I have my wifes minivan, my mustang, home owners ins, health ins, $125,000 in lif ins(me), Bri $125,000, all 3 girls have $25,000 each and we pay $280 a month. The car ins is far from the minimum garbage..It's killer..

Holly
10-28-2008, 02:33 PM
I have been with American Family for years. I have my car and my house insurance through them, and flood (via another company that only does flood, but Mary takes care of it). I called ALL over the place when I needed insurance, and they gave me the best quote.

Call Mary Wilson at (513) 474-7110. Or an agent in the KY area.

beefcake
10-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Liberty mutual is one of the best rate companies around, i have shopped them every couple years, and cannot get close.

I have no problem calling them 923-4477, i almost always get an answer during the day and any one of the 3 or 4 that answer the phone can help

not sure where your calling, but thats the number i call with no issues, of course you are in the KY

Paul408Notch
10-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Check Progressive's website. We've been with them for years and have yet to find anybody even close to their rates.

firestang70
10-28-2008, 04:54 PM
My wife is an agent with State Farm. I had them for many years. there service is usually fantastic. They are very picky on their auto rates (good driving record etc). But I have been with American Family for about 10 years, they give me the best rate for my auto insurance. I've only had 1 claim and they took care of it at the office the same day.

FireStang02
10-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Use a broker. I used one I found on the internet. Saved me a lot of hassle. They put your information into the computer and it goes through the process of about 100 different companies. They tell you which one is the cheapest. They were very helpful. They got me hooked up with Safeco and I have been really happy. The price they quoted was cheaper than what I found through Safeco on my own. I used Answer Financial give them a call or checkout their site at answerfinancial.com 1-800-233-3028

Ryan218
10-28-2008, 09:01 PM
we have alstate. its 88 a month for me with the 5.0...

PKFIRE
10-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Use a broker. I used one I found on the internet. Saved me a lot of hassle. They put your information into the computer and it goes through the process of about 100 different companies. They tell you which one is the cheapest. They were very helpful. They got me hooked up with Safeco and I have been really happy. The price they quoted was cheaper than what I found through Safeco on my own. I used Answer Financial give them a call or checkout their site at answerfinancial.com 1-800-233-3028

I second that.

I'm going through a broker now that my wife and her family uses and my Insurance rates are far lower than what I thought the best price I would ever pay. I'm using Safeco also.

Dirtyd0g
10-28-2008, 11:27 PM
I had state farm. The agent actually told me to switch to prgogressive and get a premium policy (above standard coverage) then switch back to state farm to get a great rate. I actually dropped all my full coverages and continue to use progressive. We have a minivan,thunderbird and ranger ont he policy with me and my wife (both over 25) and both with good driving records. Our insurance is less than $700 a year.
Alan

Waffles
10-29-2008, 12:00 AM
I had Liberty Mutual everything at one point. Homeowners was canceled after getting burgerlized once for a $3000 claim in which they received restitution for. Then they dropped my car insurance after the stereo was stolen from my wrangler. The top was cut with a knife and the dash was destroyed. They were cheap, but they sucked.

beefcake
10-29-2008, 07:54 AM
any insurance company is going to give you a little grief when they have to pay out a claim.

i've always been able to get extra insurance for modifications with relative ease and such with lib mutual too.

i've had a broker and an allstate agent get me rates, and couldn't get close to what i have now

for full coverage on an 08 expedition, 08 vette, and 03zx2, i'm paying 2k a year for full coverage on everything

Black92LX
10-29-2008, 07:59 AM
I have been with state farm for 10 years now and could not be happier.
I recently shopped around when I got married and my wife and I combined our cars, then added home owners.
State Farm ended up being 6 dollars more a month (for better coverage) and 15 a month cheaper on homeowners (again with more coverage)

But when shopping for car insurance cost is not the only factor one needs to look at.
How they handle claims is very important.
Since I have had state Farm I have had 1 speeding ticket (30 over when I was 18) my rates were never raised. Had 3 accidents, 1 was my fault, my car was in the shop the next day and finished in 2 weeks each time.
1 of the accidents resulted in a law suit. State Farm lined me up with an attorney who with my situation went to court 3 times on my behalf did lots of paperwork, and then went to court with me there once.

Never saw a bill for the attorney, nor did my rates ever get raised.
State Farm has gone to the wall for me on every claim I have made even when it was my fault and they have never taken any negative repercussions.

I am sure I could find cheaper insurance if I really shopped around more than I did. But I doubt I would switch from State Farm. It's as much about service as Price.

adragon72
10-29-2008, 08:06 AM
i use cincinnati insurane they have my house and cars. i pay $ 101.00 every six months for my 93 for minimum coverage and $120.00 for minimum coverage on my 98. i guess it gust depends.

Stangman
10-29-2008, 08:19 AM
I've been with State Farm since I started driving ( my family has had them for over 25 years )... never had a problem out of them

They even paid to replace our phones and refridgerator when we lost power for almost a week back in '04.

And they sent ME a check to fix my own car when I hit the civic a month or so ago...

They have been great to us!

If you choose State Farm, pick Pam Damewood as your agent, and tell them the Talmage's recommended you to them. :bigthumb

graysonracin
10-29-2008, 08:06 PM
I have allstate and i pay 181.00 a month for full coverage on the 99gt and liabilty on the 98 grand prix and the 90gt. I never really had an issues with them, been with them since i was on my parents policy and have had my own for several years now.

BIGRED Z
10-29-2008, 10:56 PM
What is cheap for someone else, may not be the best deal for you. You have to do the legwork and spend an afternoon comparison shopping. Start with companies others recommend. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples, ie the same coverage limits and deductibles as well as extras like PIP coverage, uninsured/underinsured coverage, towing etc. You will be nothing less than amazed at the differences in price from company to company for the exact same coverage. It is well worth your time to ensure you get the best deal.

There are just too many variables that factor into premiums, and your situation will not mirror anyone elses. They look at your credit history, type of car you drive (including how likey it is too be stolen, the repair costs on it, safety ratings etc) where you live (higher crime in your area = higher premiums), then of course all the normal stuff like marital status, age, driving record etc.

I have Liberty Mutual. They saved me over $700 a year when I switched from State Farm.

Be sure to ask about multiple car discounts, good student discounts, military/veteran status or any other discount that may be applicable.

Most importantly, if you are a homeowner, do NOT underinsure. If you cause an accident and the damages exceed your coverage limits, they can go after your house, investments, and future earnings.

Good luck.

Xowner
10-29-2008, 11:07 PM
we have alstate. its 88 a month for me with the 5.0...

how old are you and what kinda coverage do you have?