Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
What a DUMBA$$!!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What a DUMBA$$!!!!

k062693w
10-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Did anyone else see this article ???
I'm a gun owner, and believe in teaching our children Gun Saftey!!!!
But this is ridiculous.... I can't imagine what the father is going through to have witnessed this... But why does an 8 year old need to learn to fire an Uzi, and to let him fire it alone without an adult helping him control it....

http://news.aol.com/article/boy-8-killed-in-gun-show-accident/226339?icid=200100397x1211855925x1200746784

cobrajoe
10-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah I was like WTF when I read it this morning.

FMGT1999
10-28-2008, 11:39 AM
How sad, I feel for the famliy but at the same time I have to think to myself WTF are you thinking to let an 8 year old boy fire a weapon like that without a spoter to keep something like that from happening.

Sad...
Kyle

Stangman
10-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Stupid F'ing people...

DeckerEnt
10-28-2008, 12:40 PM
I read that yesterday. Sad. Why the father wasn't holding it for him to begin with We will never know.
Unfortunately this is one more nail in the coffin for gun shows, shooting shows, and machine gun shows. I may have attended the last one at Knob creek and that would be a shame.
Keith

k062693w
10-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Did you guys hear about the woman at the Gun Show in Columbus over the weekend shooting herself in the leg ???
I'm with you Keith, just more Ammo ( no pun intended LOL) for the gun haters of America

Silver Bullet
10-28-2008, 01:31 PM
That is just sad. IMO an 8yo should not even fire a gun like that, even with the help of the father.

Sharad
10-28-2008, 01:45 PM
tragic.

I kinda think dad could be charged with manslaughter... but that probably wouldn't be any worse than what he's already feeling.

Hatchback kid
10-29-2008, 06:57 PM
couple things wrong here
1)who da f*** lets their 8 year old shoot a gun
2)who da f*** lets their 8 year old fire a gun and not be there to watch them
3)whos great idea was it to give an uzi to an 8 year old, whether the father said it was ok or not the people giving him the gun should be smarter then that, they could get in trouble
4)WTF good does an instructor do if he dont know that an 8 year old cant handle that kind of recoil by him self

People need to start using some common sense

Forgot to say that it is sad and i do feel for the parents but c'mon,they should have thought this over bfore they let their son go shoot a fully auto gun

DeckerEnt
10-30-2008, 07:50 AM
I have taken my 5 year old little boy shooting a few times this summer. We only shoot my 10/22 or a .22 chipmonk rifle. He hasn't hit anything yet but he is enjoying it. I think that in the next few years, if I hit the lottery and get a few full auto guns, I am sure I will take the kids with me and he will probably shoot whatever he wants too.
The situation is sad. So many things went wrong there. The father didn't hold the pistol for the kid, the father wasn't right there ready to snatch the pistol away if something went wrong, it mostly leads back to the father. The range officer had no control over that situation. The father said it was ok, the father paid for it. No sense punishing the father any more than the pain of loosing his child.
Keith

2-8-1
10-30-2008, 09:01 AM
1)who da f*** lets their 8 year old shoot a gun

I was shooting my fathers .22LR when I was 5 or 6. By the time I was 8, I knew what gun safety was and I was allowed to shoot it by myself. My dad was there, but he would not hold the rifle or assist me in aiming or anything. By the time I was 11, I had a .30-30 and could handle and shoot it myself. When I turned 18 I was given the .22LR as a birthday present. It's not fair that just because you were 8 and couldn't shoot a gun, that no one can. My child will be raised the same way I was, he/she will know what a gun is, how to operate one, and how to be safe with one as soon as possible.

I don't agree that he should be given a fully auto pistol to fire, but honestly, a 9mm isn't exactly a powerful cartridge. I can see why he was given it to fire, but the parent should have known better. This is just a really bad example of a bad decision. The anti's will always have wrong facts to back up their idiotic stance on gun control, this will neither hurt nor help their cause. After we won DC, there isn't a lot the Anti's can do for a few years.

On that note, I have given a many a lecture on gun safety to idiots at the range.