Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
silva vs cote. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : silva vs cote.

djom1cincy
10-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Watch it while its still on the net.
http://www.mmaroot.com/anderson-silva-vs-patrick-cote-ufc-90-video/

satan jamez
10-26-2008, 11:19 AM
Tough break for Cote....ACL blew out :eek:

poncho2001
10-26-2008, 11:20 AM
that was about the lamest excuse for getting out of a fight. If his knee was truly that bad, then how in the hell does he continue to walk around on it. All Cote wanted was to say he went into the 3rd round with Silva.

Paul408Notch
10-26-2008, 01:36 PM
that was about the lamest excuse for getting out of a fight. If his knee was truly that bad, then how in the hell does he continue to walk around on it. All Cote wanted was to say he went into the 3rd round with Silva.

Yeah, I'm sure he just decided he'd had enough. Get real.

He hadn't even taken much abuse yet, and there's no chance that somebody who gets a title shot, then lasts longer with the champ than anybody in UFC history would just fake an injury. Especially since it got chalked up as a loss anyway.

ibstrokin
10-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I think Cote was ligitimately hurt. But who cares, the next fight is the one to see, Couture vs Lesner.

facemelter71
10-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Did you see the slow motion replay of it.Kinda disturbing.And if he can do THAT just to get out of a fight.Then hes a freakin magician.

Walter
10-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Why is there even question that his knee blew out? They showed a zoomed in slo-motion replay 72 times showing it.

Brandon Alsept
10-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Cote deserves a rematch with Silva and I am sure Dana will grant him that match. I really liked the way the fight was going the best that anyone has ever done against Silva. Cote can take hose knees and keep on fighting that is hard to find. If there is anyone that can beat Silva right now I feel it is Cote after seeing the fight last night.

ibstrokin
10-26-2008, 08:27 PM
I think Cote is done, or should be. With an injury like that, he'll never be right. I wouldn't be surprised if that hasn't happened to him before in practice. We'll see.

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Looked legit to me...it doesn't take a lot to rip an ACL and that kind of pain is probably comparable to a broken bone.

I love Silva...i love how he acts stupid in a fight just to mess with the other person's head. Then offering to help him up! That's priceless.

Walter
10-27-2008, 04:40 AM
I think Cote is done, or should be. With an injury like that, he'll never be right. I wouldn't be surprised if that hasn't happened to him before in practice. We'll see.

He has had that injury before on the same knee. He will be back without a doubt.

Also, everyone is saying how well he did against Silva. Honestly, I think Silva was just messing around with him. Silva didnt even engage in the 1st or second round for that matter. Cote def did not "take" Silva 3 round IMO. Silva just danced around and mocked Cote for 11 min.

Brandon Alsept
10-27-2008, 08:28 AM
He has had that injury before on the same knee. He will be back without a doubt.

Also, everyone is saying how well he did against Silva. Honestly, I think Silva was just messing around with him. Silva didnt even engage in the 1st or second round for that matter. Cote def did not "take" Silva 3 round IMO. Silva just danced around and mocked Cote for 11 min.

Well that just seems to be the way Silva has done his last few fights. Wait them out to engage him and then knee to the head, or clock em with that right LOL. I am not saying that Silva can't engage and whoop some ass because we all know he can, I just think he likes to chill and wait them out and that has worked great for him. Hell most anyone would have been done from that knee in what was it round 2 early?

I think Cote can beat Silva, I said it before the fight and I still feel the same now. We shall see I guess.

Walter
10-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Silva waits a min or two to engage not 11 min. You cant rule anyone out for a win, but Cote is not in the same league. Looks as if Sive was trying to give a good showing.

ilie2girls
10-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Silva waits a min or two to engage not 11 min. You cant rule anyone out for a win, but Cote is not in the same league. Looks as if Sive was trying to give a good showing.

I agree, Cote isn't in the same league. I also believe Silva was trying to put on a show, which did make him look bad but at any time he could have turned it on and finished Cote.

92StangMan
10-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Silva looked bored out of his mind in the cage. The only conclusion that I've come to on why he didn't end the fight early is because he loves to fight and all of his fights inside the UFC haven't went beyond the 3rd round. It's doubtfull hat Cote will receive a rematch, IMO.