Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Have the Republicans given up on McCain? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Have the Republicans given up on McCain?

04 Venom
10-25-2008, 12:16 AM
This week Republican candidates in House and Senate races have begin to introduce a new theme in close contests with Democratic challengers: don't give the Democrats a "blank check" in Congress. The unspoken inference being that they have given up on McCain and it is everyone for themselves. The argument goes something like, "you need me in Congress to stand in the way of a Democratic President and majorities in both houses of Congress".

As if the $150K wardrobe for Palin wasn't enough to drown out the "Joe the Plumber" stump speech the last few days, the campaign finance reports show that the Republicans paid $22,800 for her hair stylist the first two weeks in October and $12,500 for her foreign policy adviser. What are they thinking?

Some of the hard core conservatives in the Republican Party have even suggested that it may be wise for Palin to distance herself from McCain for a potential bid of her own in 2012 or 2016.

This whole race has been a stunning role reversal. The Democrats have a huge financial advantage, they have a a far better field organization in the individual states and it is the Republicans that are fighting among themselves. The Republicans have draw up a "goner" list of 32 House and Senate seats they believe they can't win. The Republican are behaving like the Democrats did in 2004.

A month ago, I predicted Obama would win and it wouldn't be that close, primarily because of three historical factors that were huge negatives for McCain: a deeply unpopular incumbent President, strongly negative economic factors and 80% of Americans believing that the country was headed in the wrong direction. In those circumstances, the incumbent party will always lose the White House. The past three weeks, the wheels seem to have come off for the Republicans. Given the political orientation of this site, no one seemed to acknowledge that Obama could win.

With the Republicans seemingly poised to turn against each other and a steady stream of bad news for McCain, do you think he will turn it around with just 10 days left?

IWRBB
10-25-2008, 08:41 AM
I'm still voting McCain. No giving up here. There is still plenty of time for people to wake the hell up and realize the real deal about Barry Obama.

I wish the media would quit worrying about "clothes and hair" (all paid for by the RNC) and concentrate on things that really matter. Like, oh I don't know- whether Barry is lying about his citizenship or not and how electing a person that is not eligible is flat out ignoring rules of our constitution.

Why won't Barry release his college records? Is he hiding the fact he lived outside of this country, gave up his US citizenship, came back to the US without going though immigration, and likely was not a US citizen on all of his college records? What does he have to hide? I gave my potential employer my college transcripts, I had no problem with that.

Edit: BTW, how much has the DNC spent on Obama's clothes? Why does the media not care about that? I'm sure those suits are all dirt cheap, low end crap. :rolleyes:

mach_u
10-25-2008, 08:54 AM
The $150k is a REALLY bad argument when the Obama camp is outspending John McCain anywhere from 3-1 to 5-1 or more, depending on the news organization. Heck, evening the Washington Post says 3-1
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/2008/10/obamas_spending_edge.html
http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?parm1=5&docID=news-000002978952
150k is a drop in the bucket when Obama has spent $250 million on ad campaigns in just the last 4 months alone! To put it in perspective, the only companies who have a yearly advertising budget that exceeds Obama's are AT&T and Verizon.

I realize the stakes are super high for John McCain but I am holding to hope the American people can pull their heads out of their butts long enough to look at the facts clearly and make the right decisions. I guess we will see.

02mingryGT
10-25-2008, 09:22 AM
A month ago, I predicted Obama would win and it wouldn't be that close, primarily because of three historical factors that were huge negatives for McCain: a deeply unpopular incumbent President, strongly negative economic factors and 80% of Americans believing that the country was headed in the wrong direction. In those circumstances, the incumbent party will always lose the White House. The past three weeks, the wheels seem to have come off for the Republicans. Given the political orientation of this site, no one seemed to acknowledge that Obama could win.

With the Republicans seemingly poised to turn against each other and a steady stream of bad news for McCain, do you think he will turn it around with just 10 days left?

Polls are still close and a large percentage still undecided. Plus most of the young vote Barry is counting probably won't make it to actually vote. Most young adults are not responsible.

04 Venom
10-25-2008, 10:18 AM
The $150k is a REALLY bad argument when the Obama camp is outspending John McCain anywhere from 3-1 to 5-1 or more, depending on the news organization.

I think the point is that when you are trying to get the "Joe the Plumber" vote and that "we are one of you", most voters cannot comprehend that kind of money being spent on clothes and hair stylists. What makes it even worse from a public relations standpoint is the the RNC bought the clothes at high-end establishments such as Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue. This is not where the "Joe the Plumber" voter shops. This type of public relations gaffes never occurred with the Bush campaign in 2000 and 2004. They were nearly as disciplined and focused as Obama's campaign, which has pretty much set a new standard for a well-organized and disciplined effort.

Let's put it a different way AJ, don't you think this board would be loaded with posts if Obama spent that kind of money on clothes for him or his wife? Yet you didn't see anything mentioned until this post.

If an Obama campaign worker had been arrested for falsely claiming that a white McCain supporter had assaulted her because she had an Obama sticker on her car, wouldn't there be an orgy of posts here about that the Obama campaign was playing the race card and engaging in dirty tricks? Of course there would. Did you see the extreme right wing claiming that the McCain staffer in Pittsburgh (that was later arrested for making the false police report of a black Obama supporter assaulting her) was the victim of a racial hate campaign by the Obama campaign before they even bothered to check the facts. McCain and Palin did not help themselves either by immediately putting out a report that they had personally called her and offered their support. They were so desperate for a "game changer" issue, particularly in Pennsylvania, that when their office in Pittsburgh leaked the story they never bothered to check it out, even though the police immediately suspected it was a hoax (because the "B" carved in her cheek was backwards as if it was done in a mirror). They never bothered to check on the staffer, since he had a prior history of mental issues. Instead, it was "ready, shoot, aim" for the McCain campaign.

I have been following Presidential campaigns since 1960 (yes I am that old) and I have never seen a campaign implode just before an election such as what we are seeing here.

As I have said before, I don't care who wins between these two, but I have to say, if McCain is looking old and stupid of late.

04 Venom
10-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Polls are still close and a large percentage still undecided. Plus most of the young vote Barry is counting probably won't make it to actually vote. Most young adults are not responsible.

At this point Mingry, he probably doesn't need a high turnout for first-time voters, although the early voting in states suggests a very high turnout for this group (which as you point out tend to vote less than any other voting group).

IWRBB
10-25-2008, 10:26 AM
04Venom,

How do you feel about the illegal votes cast by Obama campaign workers in Ohio? So far over a dozen ballots cast for Obama have been determined to be illegal (due to residency requirements) and have been withdrawn. There are over 700 Obama campaign workers in Ohio. Florida was decided by 530 votes in 2004. All of the RNC campaign workers have been cleared to vote in Ohio. How about the college kids from Stanford who did the same thing and had to withdraw their votes? Stanford law students who don't understand "residency".

04 Venom
10-25-2008, 10:34 AM
04Venom,

How do you feel about the illegal votes cast by Obama campaign workers in Ohio? So far over a dozen ballots cast for Obama have been determined to be illegal (due to residency requirements) and have been withdrawn. There are over 700 Obama campaign workers in Ohio. Florida was decided by 530 votes in 2004. All of the RNC campaign workers have been cleared to vote in Ohio. How about the college kids from Stanford who did the same thing and had to withdraw their votes? Stanford law students who don't understand "residency".

How do I feel? Prosecute whomever is involved. Don't worry, this will not be a close election.

mach_u
10-25-2008, 10:40 AM
I think the point is that when you are trying to get the "Joe the Plumber" vote and that "we are one of you", most voters cannot comprehend that kind of money being spent on clothes and hair stylists. What makes it even worse from a public relations standpoint is the the RNC bought the clothes at high-end establishments such as Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue. This is not where the "Joe the Plumber" voter shops. This type of public relations gaffes never occurred with the Bush campaign in 2000 and 2004. They were nearly as disciplined and focused as Obama's campaign, which has pretty much set a new standard for a well-organized and disciplined effort.

Let's put it a different way AJ, don't you think this board would be loaded with posts if Obama spent that kind of money on clothes for him or his wife? Yet you didn't see anything mentioned until this post.

If an Obama campaign worker had been arrested for falsely claiming that a white McCain supporter had assaulted her because she had an Obama sticker on her car, wouldn't there be an orgy of posts here about that the Obama campaign was playing the race card and engaging in dirty tricks? Of course there would. Did you see the extreme right wing claiming that the McCain staffer in Pittsburgh (that was later arrested for making the false police report of a black Obama supporter assaulting her) was the victim of a racial hate campaign by the Obama campaign before they even bothered to check the facts. McCain and Palin did not help themselves either by immediately putting out a report that they had personally called her and offered their support. They were so desperate for a "game changer" issue, particularly in Pennsylvania, that when their office in Pittsburgh leaked the story they never bothered to check it out, even though the police immediately suspected it was a hoax (because the "B" carved in her cheek was backwards as if it was done in a mirror). They never bothered to check on the staffer, since he had a prior history of mental issues. Instead, it was "ready, shoot, aim" for the McCain campaign.

I have been following Presidential campaigns since 1960 (yes I am that old) and I have never seen a campaign implode just before an election such as what we are seeing here.

As I have said before, I don't care who wins between these two, but I have to say, if McCain is looking old and stupid of late.
My point being that for a political party to be so much for the people and main street as Obama likes to tote, if in order to garnish votes he has to spend 100's of millions of dollars to get his point across, rivaling only AT&T and Verizon in advertising - perhaps he isn't as "for the people" as he would like to admit. I guess I am not really hung up on 150k when I see the amount of $$$ laid out from a candidate who at one point said he would not take public funds to make his campaign bid.

04 Venom
10-25-2008, 10:52 AM
My point being that for a political party to be so much for the people and main street as Obama likes to tote, if in order to garnish votes he has to spend 100's of millions of dollars to get his point across, rivaling only AT&T and Verizon in advertising - perhaps he isn't as "for the people" as he would like to admit. I guess I am not really hung up on 150k when I see the amount of $$$ laid out from a candidate who at one point said he would not take public funds to make his campaign bid.

Would you feel differently if McCain had the money edge, as the Republicans usually enjoy? You have to also take into account, that the Obama campaign has, by far, the widest donor base from actual citizens, and from first time contributors, than any prior campaign.

04 Venom
10-25-2008, 10:57 AM
How do I feel? Prosecute whomever is involved. Don't worry, this will not be a close election.

I should have been more precise in my response, since there would have to be evidence of intent to defraud before someone could be criminally prosecuted. And if that was present, hell yes.

k062693w
10-25-2008, 11:04 AM
I think it's funny how MOST republicans will use the excuse when there is a republican president, That the faults in the country are due to a democratic controlled house and senate.. But when the shoe is on the other foot and there is a republican controlled house and senate, and a democratic president, That it's the presidents fault..
Kind of a double standard if you ask me...

Rick93coupe
10-25-2008, 11:05 AM
As I have said before, I don't care who wins between these two

I don't believe there's a person on this board who believes this statement. You changed your tact thats all. A few months ago you started in with your liberal rhetoric and now you simply play the devils advocate.

04 Venom
10-25-2008, 11:16 AM
I don't believe there's a person on this board who believes this statement. You changed your tact thats all. A few months ago you started in with your liberal rhetoric and now you simply play the devils advocate.

Believe what you want. I'm waiting for another Ross Perot.

facemelter71
10-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Is this your only contribution to this site.Election dribble.Epic Failure.

1986GT
10-25-2008, 11:31 AM
I think it's funny how MOST republicans will use the excuse when there is a republican president, That the faults in the country are due to a democratic controlled house and senate.. But when the shoe is on the other foot and there is a republican controlled house and senate, and a democratic president, That it's the presidents fault..

I agree with this statement but I beleive the elephants and donkeys both do this all the time. I'm not sure where the republican only thing is coming from. I think both parties have done this since the beginning of time. Nothing new. Its part of the political shit throwing contest. Its always the other guys fault.

k062693w
10-25-2008, 11:45 AM
I agree with this statement but I beleive the elephants and donkeys both do this all the time. I'm not sure where the republican only thing is coming from. I think both parties have done this since the beginning of time. Nothing new. Its part of the political shit throwing contest. Its always the other guys fault.

Oh I wasn't saying that democrats don't do this.. I was just saying on here it seems that way. ( I should have been more specific)
Just some people on here are quick to defend the Bumbling Idiot ( I'm sorry i meant Bush LOL) with the excuse of a democrat controlled house/senate...

1986GT
10-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Agreed. Wow did something just get agreed upon in one of these threads!:bigthumb Amazing.

Black92LX
10-25-2008, 05:08 PM

We agree on something here.
I just think we disagree on who will win.

I am imagining the shock now. When the people who only believe what the media say find out McCain won by a fairly substantial margin.

Sadly the media is far too biased to deliver a truthful picture of what is really going on.

They are doing the same thing with the so called "economic crisis"
We are no where near a freaking crisis. Sure the economy is on a down turn but it's not near the end of the world or life as we know it.

I go to the gym 3 times a week in the middle of the day and the place is packed. Can hardly find a parking spot. This is the case for all 7 gyms in my city.
With a monthly fee off $60. I see no economic crisis.
I go out to eat I have to wait in line whether I am at Burger King, the Steak House or a Fancy Italian Restaurant.
Sam's is packed whenever I go.
Everywhere I go people are spending disposable income.

If we were in a crisis we would be sitting in rationed gas and bread lines.
We are sill living quite fat event hough the media wants to tell you other wise.

I wish I was a betting man I would be very very rich come November when McCain wins by a fairly substantial margin yet the media has you believing he has no chance.
Then come the riots because the poor and uneducated will be pissed they were lied to by the media so they will take advantage, destroy their own community, and get some free shoes and electronics in the process.

But hey I could be wrong too. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Waffles
10-25-2008, 05:23 PM

And vise versa...

BigBadStang
10-25-2008, 05:26 PM
...Then come the riots because the poor and uneducated will be pissed they were lied to by the media so they will take advantage, destroy their own community, and get some free shoes and electronics in the process...

Naw...they will just claim that the Republicans cheated, and they'll want everything recounted and contest the vote, and want the electoral college changed. Every time the Liberals lose, they want to change the rules.

Black92LX
10-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Naw...they will just claim that the Republicans cheated, and they'll want everything recounted and contest the vote, and want the electoral college changed. Every time the Liberals lose, they want to change the rules.
there is a different tide with this election

k062693w
10-25-2008, 05:51 PM
What I think is the funniest part of all of this is... No matter who wins, it's going to take 4-8 years to fix the problems that the BUMBLING IDIOT that has been in the last 8 years has put this country into...

Black92LX
10-25-2008, 05:52 PM
There is a different tide with this election.
The out lash will be different

Waffles
10-25-2008, 05:52 PM

They'll probably be too hung over from their pre-celebration.

Would you feel differently if McCain had the money edge, as the Republicans usually enjoy? You have to also take into account, that the Obama campaign has, by far, the widest donor base from actual citizens, and from first time contributors, than any prior campaign.

Don't forget the jihadis, doubt they'll be donating to McCain.
http://www.americanthinker.com/printpage/?url=http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/08/obamas_donor_contributions_sil.html

Thank you... lol I'm glad I'm not the only person that caught that. The posts are out there, all you gotta do is go read what he was saying a month ago.

04 Venom
10-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Thank you... lol I'm glad I'm not the only person that caught that. The posts are out there, all you gotta do is go read what he was saying a month ago.

Your attention span is measured in minutes, not weeks.

Black92LX
10-25-2008, 06:32 PM
What I think is the funniest part of all of this is... No matter who wins, it's going to take 4-8 years to fix the problems that the BUMBLING IDIOT that has been in the last 8 years has put this country into...

May I ask what these problems he alone created are?????

Rick93coupe
10-25-2008, 07:13 PM

Thats twice today you refered to W as the bumbling idiot and there's no way to dispute that he's not a good speaker, but a an idiot he's not.

Goober
10-25-2008, 08:38 PM
May I ask what these problems he alone created are?????

1. He inherited a failing economy (3 straight quarters of economic downfall in 2000 under Clinton. Clinton housing bill that helped Americans who couldn't afford homes "Have a piece of the American Dream" got them into homes they couldn't afford.)

2. He beat Al Gore.

3. He beat John Kerry.

4. He defeated Saddam.

5. He cut taxes, and sent money to the American people to try and stimulate the economy.

6. Got us into a war in Iraq that was bound to happen anyway. Stimulated more growth because of the need for military equipment, supplies, and technical support.

7. He's not a Democrat.

</sarcasm>

I'm not going to sit on here and defend him to the death. He has made mistakes. Everyone does. He's only human. Have you ever made a mistake? He's not the "Second Coming" that dem's like to think Obama is.

I am just holding my breath to see if McCain pulls it out. If he doesn't, I am out of a job. Does that mean I can call Obama every day and ask where all the jobs are at? Because the president is ALWAYS in charge of hiring :rolleyes:

k062693w
10-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Thats twice today you refered to W as the bumbling idiot and there's no way to dispute that he's not a good speaker, but a an idiot he's not.

That's where we disagree..:bigthumb
It's my opinion... I think he is an IDIOT and nothing is going to change my mind..

Rick93coupe
10-25-2008, 10:43 PM
LOL, well most people use facts to back up their opinion. Its all good, I'm looking forward to hearing how happy you guys are in the coming yrs.

NaomiDstangLvr
10-25-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm still voting McCain, no matter what the husband says...

Kwik92GT
10-26-2008, 12:27 AM
Venom .... you say you don't care and all but I've yet to see ANY threads started by you that say anything negative about Obama or his campaign. So I'd have to call BS on that one.

Obama has run a far from perfect campaign, but with the liberal media giving him and Biden more "passes" than all the wide receivers in the NFL will even see this year, it's easy to think he has. He can talk, as long as he has a teleprompter in front of him, I'll give him that, but he's not even close to being ready to run this country. If you've been following this since the '60s I'd think you could recognize that?

BTW ...What do you think about his not having a problem with "spreading the wealth"?

04 Venom
10-26-2008, 01:19 AM
Venom .... you say you don't care and all but I've yet to see ANY threads started by you that say anything negative about Obama or his campaign. So I'd have to call BS on that one.

Obama has run a far from perfect campaign, but with the liberal media giving him and Biden more "passes" than all the wide receivers in the NFL will even see this year, it's easy to think he has. He can talk, as long as he has a teleprompter in front of him, I'll give him that, but he's not even close to being ready to run this country. If you've been following this since the '60s I'd think you could recognize that?

BTW ...What do you think about his not having a problem with "spreading the wealth"?

You haven't read all the threads. My principal objection to Obama is that he hasn't even discussed the 800 lb. gorilla-- the budget deficit (but no one else has either). He does not discuss what, if anything, he would do regarding immigration issues. He does not level with the public (McCain doesn't either) regarding the painful measures that will be necessary to deal with the Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid shortfalls that only get worse the longer we delay attempting a fix. Those are my main complaints.

I never said he ran a perfect campaign. I said he ran a very focused and disciplined campaign, eclipsing the 92 Clinton campaign and the 04 Bush campaign which have been considered the best campaigns in modern political history. He has the best ground operation anyone has yet seen in a national campaign. Like him or not, the guy knows how to build a grass roots, county by county campaign. Moreover, he has campaigned in traditional Republican states and will win several of them.

Regarding the "spread the wealth" comment. A flub. Although not as bad as McCain saying that he would buy up all the foreclosed mortgages.

You don't have to worry about Obama spreading the wealth or McCain buying up all the foreclosed mortgages. The deficit, recession and the 79% of the federal budget that is non-discretionary spending will limit what anyone can do. Throw the campaign statements right out the window. Remember Bush's pledge to balance the budget in 2000, or every candidate for president before him since Richard Nixon? Did it happen?

As far as predicting Obama would win a month ago and pointing out some crucial errors McCain's campaign has made during that period, they were factual statements that have proven, so far, to be accurate. The fact that you support McCain doesn't change the factors that predict an Obama win. By the way, I guess some of the conservative writers and columnists that see the same result in this election make them shills for Obama too, huh?

Black92LX
10-26-2008, 08:39 AM
That's where we disagree..:bigthumb
It's my opinion... I think he is an IDIOT and nothing is going to change my mind..

do you mind answering my question??
Or at least back up your comment with some sort of factual evidence??

A man that gets elected to the highest seat in our Nation twice. Whether you like him or not is far from an idiot.

k062693w
10-26-2008, 08:50 AM
do you mind answering my question??
Or at least back up your comment with some sort of factual evidence??

A man that gets elected to the highest seat in our Nation twice. Whether you like him or not is far from an idiot.

What part of OPINION Don't you understand ????

Waffles
10-26-2008, 10:09 AM
I think what he's asking is, whether you have an ignorant opinion or an educated opinion. You stated your opinion, and he's asking what evidence you used to come by that opinion. This kind of information can either validate your opinion as either one to consider, or one to dismiss. It's really fairly simple. He's just saying, "why?"

Kwik92GT
10-26-2008, 12:03 PM
BOTH sides have ignored the immigration issue. Makes you wonder if they made a "gentleman's agreement" at the beginning of this to stay far away from that issue. It weighs heavily on many American's minds but neither side talks about it, very odd. I'm betting most of us wouldn't like what either of them had to say about it.

Waffles
10-26-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that's pretty much because there's not much difference between them on this issue. It's the biggest reason why I was digusted with McCain's nomination. I'll vote for him, but it's only a vote against Obama. McCain doesn't fire me up.

In the primaries, I don't think any of the big conservative talk show hosts supported McCain. He's not a conservative, he's a moderate. Republicans somehow thought McCain would be a compromise, to "reach across the isle." Republicans always do that stupid crap. We field a moderate, they field one of the most left candidates ever.

I think Fred Thompson would have been much more likely to fire up the base conservatives. I think he would have delt much more handily with Obama in the debates.

Goldenpony
10-26-2008, 01:01 PM
If McCain looses, which I think he will, it will be in large part because of his choice of Sarah Palin.

04 Venom
10-26-2008, 02:14 PM
If McCain looses, which I think he will, it will be in large part because of his choice of Sarah Palin.

Judging by how poorly she polls with independent voters, I agree. Contrast reality as it exists with the simultaneous orgasm most of the people had on this board when she was nominated.

Goober
10-26-2008, 02:40 PM
I think Fred Thompson would have been much more likely to fire up the base conservatives. I think he would have delt much more handily with Obama in the debates.
A Thompson/Huckabee ticket would have been FTMFW!

Waffles
10-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Indeed. Republican strategy sucks.

k062693w
10-26-2008, 05:55 PM
I think what he's asking is, whether you have an ignorant opinion or an educated opinion. You stated your opinion, and he's asking what evidence you used to come by that opinion. This kind of information can either validate your opinion as either one to consider, or one to dismiss. It's really fairly simple. He's just saying, "why?"

Your serious aren't you??? That's like me wanting you to show me facts on what your favorite color is !!!! So I guess I could say if you say Blue is your favorite color (or what ever color you choose), Then you've have an ignorant opinion... I mean come on guy you are grasping at straws to defend your political party... :bigthumb

On a side note, I can't wait until the 4th when all of this $HIT is over...

Waffles
10-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Of course I'm serious. I think he asked a very valid question. One's favorite color is terribly arbitrary compared to drawing your conclusion that President Bush is an idiot.

According to Websters, an idiot is "a person affected with extreme mental retardation" or "a person given to unintelligent decisions or acts lacking reason." I think it's quite obvious to any reasonable person that W is not an idiot by this definition. He's a terrible speaker, and he's made mistakes.

So more specifically, what acts of idiocy has Bush committed that would lead you to the conclusion that he is, indeed, and idiot?

Or, were you just name calling?

04 Venom
10-26-2008, 06:43 PM

Wait a minute, you were part of the chorus claiming Palin was the Second Coming a couple of months ago. Or was it your imaginary friends, who claimed that the troops ran out of food, that told you that?

k062693w
10-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Here you go hardcore.... I'm trying to type slowly so you can keep up.

opin·ion
Pronunciation: \ə-ˈpin-yən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin opinion-, opinio, from opinari
Date: 14th century
1 a: a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter
2 b: A personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty

I hope that is clear enough for you..

Waffles
10-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Wait a minute, you were part of the chorus claiming Palin was the Second Coming a couple of months ago. Or was it your imaginary friends, who claimed that the troops ran out of food, that told you that?

Please find the post where I said that and quote it. Palin isn't a bad choice, but I don't think she was the best choice. I'd certainly choose her over Obama.

opin·ion
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin opinion-, opinio, from opinari
1 a: a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter

Right, now couple that with the following:

ig·no·rant (gnr-nt)
adj.
1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

educated (ĕj'ə-kā'tĭd)
adj.
1.Having an education, especially one above the average.
1.a.Showing evidence of schooling, training, or experience.
b.Having or exhibiting cultivation; cultured: an educated manner.
3.Based on a certain amount of experience or factual knowledge: an educated guess.

I'm not sure why you don't understand the difference between an ignorant opinion or an educated opinion, since you obviously know how to look up definitions. I'm pretty sure dude was only asking you to establish which of the two yours was. Now we know. Thanks for playing.

k062693w
10-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Please find the post where I said that and quote it. Palin isn't a bad choice, but I don't think she was the best choice. I'd certainly choose her over Obama.

Right, now couple that with the following:

ig·no·rant (gnr-nt)
adj.
1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

educated (ĕj'ə-kā'tĭd)
adj.
1.Having an education, especially one above the average.
1.a.Showing evidence of schooling, training, or experience.
b.Having or exhibiting cultivation; cultured: an educated manner.
3.Based on a certain amount of experience or factual knowledge: an educated guess.

I'm not sure why you don't understand the difference between an ignorant opinion or an educated opinion, since you obviously know how to look up definitions. I'm pretty sure dude was only asking you to establish which of the two yours was. Now we know. Thanks for playing.

Trying to explain things to you is like Buying oats for a dead horse!!!!
Kind of Worthless.... :flipoff:

I guess the 4 years I spent in the Marines( defending your freedoms, so you could make comments like you have been), as well as the 4 years in college make me ( as you put it) ignorant or uneducated...

Now why don't you start making some more of your IGNORANT AND UNEDUCATED COMMENTS like the Troops not having/running out of food!!!!!
Thanks for letting me play...:flipoff:

k062693w
10-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Since you want to know if my opinion is educated or uneducated, we will put the shoe on the other foot!!!
Why don't you explain to us the proof to back up your OPINION from the other post.. Where you say any opinion opposite yours is the wrong one...

I'm glad you realize finally that the opposite of my opinion, is the wrong opinion.

It's a valid question Right????

Waffles
10-26-2008, 08:54 PM
I guess the 4 years I spent in the Marines( defending your freedoms, so you could make comments like you have been), as well as the 4 years in college make me ( as you put it) ignorant or uneducated...

Twist things as you may, I did not say that you are ignorant. I said your opinion that Bush is an idiot is ignorant. You clearly admitted your opinion was ignorant, so why do you seem to be so offended by it?

Now why don't you start making some more of your IGNORANT AND UNEDUCATED COMMENTS like the Troops not having/running out of food!!!!!
Thanks for letting me play...:flipoff:

Again you and Venom twist my comments, which is okay since anyone can plainly go back and read what I said. I was told that was true, I believed it, and should not have repeated it without checking it out. Is this really the extent of what you can come up with to talk about? You guys are really struggling here.

Waffles
10-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Since you want to know if my opinion is educated or uneducated, we will put the shoe on the other foot!!!
Why don't you explain to us the proof to back up your OPINION from the other post.. Where you say any opinion opposite yours is the wrong one...

lol... well, that statement was obviously made tounge in cheek. Which thread was that from? If I remembered what it was about, I'd be happy to explain what I base my opinion on.

k062693w
10-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Trust me nothing that anyone says to me online offends me..
And where did I admit that my opinion was ignorant???

And where did we twist your comments ??

k062693w
10-26-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm done with this thread... You win hardcore, I guess I'm no match for your superior intelligence, knowledge of politics, and basically anything in general.. ( note the extreme sarcasm) LOL
I'm just going to wait until the 4th, then I can sit on my A$$ and wait for the hard working Americans to support me with the wealth that will be spread around... LMAO

Waffles
10-26-2008, 09:12 PM

Well, you couldn't say why your opinion wasn't based on anything of substance. I guess you could just clear the whole thing up and answer Black92LX's original question.

Twisted comments :
I said that I was told that troops ran out of food. I did not claim that it was a fact that troops ran out of food. The fact was that it's what I was told, not that what I was told was true.

I said your opinion that Bush was an idiot was ignorant, not you. There are many subjects in which I am ignorant. You may be very well educated on another topic.

Waffles
10-26-2008, 09:20 PM

Okay... here's the post it was in response to.

Well, Hardcore, I believe my predictions regarding the campaign have pretty much been on the mark if you examine my prior posts on the subject. I don't recall the facts I cited, or relied upon, being shown to be wrong or without a foundation.

Unlike you, I don't really care whether McCain or Obama wins (although it sems pretty clear Obama will win), since once you get past the campaign puffery, neither is prepared to face the budget deficit demon that has now doubled again during the last 8 years. Another crisis that will somehow take many people by surprise.

You are so blinded by your strong personal convictions (even when you are correct) that you have difficulty understanding other points of view that differ from yours. For example, your recent post that you couldn't understand how anyone could still be undecided regarding the election. Your world seems to consists solely of black and white; good and evil; and, Harcore's opinions and the wrong opinions.

If you'd like to ask Venom which opinion he was referring to I'd be happy to explain the reason behind the opinion. However, it seems his comments were regarding my opinions in general. Sorry there wasn't enough information for me to answer your question.

Goober
10-26-2008, 09:28 PM

Fuck it....
BILL CUNNINGHAM FOR PRESIDENT

Makes the most sense to me. :lol:

e5shea
10-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Oh I wasn't saying that democrats don't do this.. I was just saying on here it seems that way. ( I should have been more specific)
Just some people on here are quick to defend the Bumbling Idiot ( I'm sorry i meant Bush LOL) with the excuse of a democrat controlled house/senate...

:rolleyes: You owe me $3.00, but if we're going to play like Obama you can keep it if you promise to vote for McCain.

k062693w
10-26-2008, 10:07 PM
:rolleyes: You owe me $3.00, but if we're going to play like Obama you can keep it if you promise to vote for McCain.

:lol: LMAO Adam... What I think is the funny thing, Is I have never said who I'm voting for :bigthumb
And trust me, it's not Obama :lol:

Black92LX
10-27-2008, 07:40 AM

opin·ion

And here is the problem and why our country is headed in the direction it is.

People do not base their opinions or actions on facts or look at the consequences.
They don't educate themselves and just go with what others are saying or doing.

If you don't like Bush because an idiot that's fine. Doesn't hurt my feelings.

But do answer me the original question I asked.

What did Bush single handedly screw up in this nation??? The answer will be nothing.
I don't recall him imposing any executive orders or any standing. So that means the house and senate would have had to vote on them as well.
So there are lots of people at fault be it republican or democrat.

02mingryGT
10-27-2008, 09:52 AM

That's most people, not just Republicans, since they don't understand government. Congress 99% of the time is responsible for social policy and the President 99% of the time responsible for foreign policy.

The direct cause of this economy has it's roots in the last two Congress sessions in the Clinton Administration. Allowing Wall Street to place bets on the solvency of credit lines without actually owning them has caused the banking failure which in turn affected the credit lines being issues which in turn has effected the economy. Ye olde domino effect.