Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Tailpipes? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tailpipes?

1986GT
10-24-2008, 08:26 AM
I am running 3" pro dumps on my 86' GT. I love the sound but it gets a little annoying after cruising awhile. Does anyone know if I can buy 3" chrome tailpipes. Not just tips. I am talking just like any other LX chrome tails.

02mingryGT
10-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Try Summit or ask one of our local vendors if they have them or can get them. I am thinking the drone is from the mufflers though. My flows do it but I like it because I'm right at 2000 rpm on the highway and i like the way it sounds when I go under an overpass.

Ryan218
10-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Try Summit or ask one of our local vendors if they have them or can get them. I am thinking the drone is from the mufflers though. My flows do it but I like it because I'm right at 2000 rpm on the highway and i like the way it sounds when I go under an overpass.

dumps drone. atleast on my last stang they did. when i got tail pipes drone went away.

facemelter71
10-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Yea i chucked the dumps after about a year of listening to it.Got some tailpipes and sprayed them black with some cool ceremic spraypaint,and its looks awesome.

kaik1969
10-24-2008, 12:36 PM

:bigthumb The same with mine. 2000 RPM is the magic number. A little more or less and it goes away. It also sounds good next to the concrete barriers on 275.

MFIELD
10-24-2008, 03:51 PM
I think MAC makes a 3" cat back

1986GT
10-24-2008, 06:47 PM
I don't really have much drone. I just can't hear my tunes or talk to someone in the car when going to cruise or a show or something. I love the sound in town and tunnels or when racing, showing off and that sort of thing. But anything beyond screwing off I want it toned down you know? I am running 1 3/4" mac LT headers 3" pro-chamber and 3" pro dumps so the thing is F-ing loud.

snotzs135
10-24-2008, 06:54 PM
mac sells a 3inch complet set up i am sure you can get from muffler back from them its
a bit of a tight fit

1986GT
10-24-2008, 06:59 PM
mac sells a 3inch complet set up i am sure you can get from muffler back from them its
a bit of a tight fit

Thats what MFIELDv was saying. I am going to look into it monday with some phone calls. Does anyone know of any other companies producing 3" tails

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Mac and Flowmaster both sell really nice tail pipe kits in 3''. I particularly like Mac's tail pipes.

BYEBYE2U
10-25-2008, 09:09 AM
I don't really have much drone. I just can't hear my tunes or talk to someone in the car when going to cruise or a show or something. I love the sound in town and tunnels or when racing, showing off and that sort of thing. But anything beyond screwing off I want it toned down you know? I am running 1 3/4" mac LT headers 3" pro-chamber and 3" pro dumps so the thing is F-ing loud.

this kit is what i got on my 86 GT.it's mac 1 3/4 headers/3in prochamber/and 3in catback with 3in tails.my car has the 87-up ground effects on it tho.with mine i have 10in welds on the rear and without a space it rubs the tails.so if you have big rear tires/wheels don't but the mac kit.i'm going to have to run dumps on mine now.flowmaster makes the kits with straight 3in pipes like you need.and it provides all the clearence neccesary to run what ever wheel/tire you want. but it's about $350-$400 for the catback,but it's worth it.if i wouldn't have just spent all the cash on my exhaust i'd try to get one.

02mingryGT
10-25-2008, 09:26 AM

I understand. My cars loud but it's also pretty much sound-proof as well. If I had to listen to the engine all day it probably would get old.

1986GT
10-25-2008, 12:01 PM
this kit is what i got on my 86 GT.it's mac 1 3/4 headers/3in prochamber/and 3in catback with 3in tails.my car has the 87-up ground effects on it tho.with mine i have 10in welds on the rear and without a space it rubs the tails.so if you have big rear tires/wheels don't but the mac kit.i'm going to have to run dumps on mine now.flowmaster makes the kits with straight 3in pipes like you need.and it provides all the clearence neccesary to run what ever wheel/tire you want. but it's about $350-$400 for the catback,but it's worth it.if i wouldn't have just spent all the cash on my exhaust i'd try to get one.

Are you going to sell your mac cat back? Or did you already? Thanks for the reply. I can't beleive I found someone with the exact setup I am talking about useing. I am not running big wheels currently but I plan to. You say they will rub if I do huh? That sucks. I will try to find pics to see the difference your talking about between the flows and mac. Thanks for the heads up.

BYEBYE2U
10-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Are you going to sell your mac cat back? Or did you already? Thanks for the reply. I can't beleive I found someone with the exact setup I am talking about useing. I am not running big wheels currently but I plan to. You say they will rub if I do huh? That sucks. I will try to find pics to see the difference your talking about between the flows and mac. Thanks for the heads up.

yeah i'd like to trade it for a dumped cat back system.but my 3in tails are for a 87-up GT.my 86 has the 87-up ground effects on it.

1986GT
10-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Shucks!