Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Fox body ground straps [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fox body ground straps

Steves LX
10-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Can anyone tell me how many ground straps(main grounds) a fox body should have in the engine compartment? I have one right now thats a 4 guage wire that goes from my drivers side head over to the main ground point on the drivers side fender. Something tells me that there should be another one going fom the back of the engine to the firewall. I bought a 15" braided ground strap today just in case. Also if I do need this does it matter if any other part of this braided strap touches the engine or the firewall seeing it is pretty long and I know it's probably going to make contact with either or as it hangs there?

kennebellcobra
10-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Put as many grounds as you want...I have 2 going from motor to chassis...one on each side then 1 on the trans to chassis.

They can touch the bellhousing or fire wall won't hurt a thing.

92coupe
10-23-2008, 10:08 PM
I have one on the front of the block to the sway bar mount, Then i have one in the trunk from the battery to the rear frame rails. I have never had any starting problems. Or any other electrical problems to speak of.

black90lx
10-23-2008, 10:34 PM
I have one on the front of the block to the sway bar mount, Then i have one in the trunk from the battery to the rear frame rails. I have never had any starting problems. Or any other electrical problems to speak of.

mine is the same way.