Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
For all the Palin fans. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : For all the Palin fans.

04 Venom
10-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Here's an op-ed piece from today's Wall Street Journal from conservative columnist Peggy Noonan (a former Reagan speechwriter). She describes Palin as an example of the "vulgarization" of American politics.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122419210832542317.html

12seclx
10-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Here's an op-ed piece from today's Wall Street Journal from conservative columnist Peggy Noonan (a former Reagan speechwriter). She describes Palin as an example of the "vulgarization" of American politics.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122419210832542317.html

Have no fear, she was on the P.T.A.! :lol:

I liked John McCain stumblin' for words last night on Letterman when he was asked about Watergate burglar G. Gordon Liddy... :D

Funny how he paints himself to be such a good ol' boy and a "maverick"...

94tchikinv8
10-18-2008, 01:11 AM
That was a very well written article, and I agree with some points of it. I do think Palin is trying to create more excitement rather than address the issues, and that annoys me. However, I think she can identify with more working class people and understands them better than the rest of the candidates.

I'm voting for McCain, but I don't necessarily consider it a vote for him as much as I consider it a vote against Obama and his Marxist wealth redistribution plans and socializing health care.

SlowRS
10-18-2008, 02:53 AM
That was a very well written article, and I agree with some points of it. I do think Palin is trying to create more excitement rather than address the issues, and that annoys me. However, I think she can identify with more working class people and understands them better than the rest of the candidates.

I'm voting for McCain, but I don't necessarily consider it a vote for him as much as I consider it a vote against Obama and his Marxist wealth redistribution plans and socializing health care.

Wouldnt a better vote be for bob barr. If the libertarian party can get 5% of the vote they will get matching federal funds in the next election, giving us a viable 3rd party alternative.

DeckerEnt
10-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Voting for a third party would mirror the way Bill Clinton got elected the first time. Ross Perot basically took votes from the republican side but no one from the dem side voted for him. I wish the republican party would just unite behind McCain and Palin and blow Obama out of the water.
The silent Majority will rise up this election. You know, the people who are too busy working to participate in polling phone calls. Why do you think the polls are mostly Dems who take the surveys?
Keith

Rich
10-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Why do you think the polls are mostly Dems who take the surveys?
Keith

:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:D

dedpedal
10-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Why do you think the polls are mostly Dems who take the surveys?
Keith

Because most republicans work hard and dont want to be interupted during dinner to asnwer the damn polls.

mach_u
10-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Because most republicans work hard and dont want to be interupted during dinner to asnwer the damn polls.
:lol: Exactly. Same reason leftist hippies are always the biggest picketers @ events.

Black92LX
10-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Palin no where near my first choice for the ticket.
But anyway you slice it.
http://www.foxnews.com/images/299305/0_61_palin_sarah.jpg
is far better than this
http://www.angrywhiteboy.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/windowslivewritersmokeemifyougotem-12634obama-smoking2.png

plus you must remember she is going to be vice President.
When was the last time we heard anything from Cheney?

Rich
10-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Isn't she more qualified than the junior senator from Illinois? After all...she DOES have ACTUAL executive experience.

Maximus
10-18-2008, 09:31 AM

Ahmen brother!!:bigthumb

IWRBB
10-18-2008, 09:52 AM
The silent Majority will rise up this election. You know, the people who are too busy working to participate in polling phone calls. Why do you think the polls are mostly Dems who take the surveys?
Keith

Seriously? They had the people from gallop polls on TV last night, and they explained how they did it. They have a separate poll that tracks only one thing- "Do you support the democrats or the republicans?". It doesn't matter what you have declared in previous elections, only how you feel on that day. They poll thousands of people for this one.

Using that info, they figure there are about 60% democrats and 40% republicans right now. They then poll people in the same ratio. Indeed, more democrats do answer the polls since there are more democrats, they have to make it representive of the ratio of dems/republicans.

Once they know how many support each party, they have to model the election. Not every person registered will show up, and historically the democrats don't get out and vote. So they have a few models, one shows the republicans winning. The other has a higher turnout from young voters and the democrats winning. They really don't know if "Joe Handout" will show up in numbers or not.

04 Venom
10-18-2008, 10:14 AM
What you all forget is that the polls are done randomly with a specific number of respondents necessary for the desired accuracy (usually plus or minus 3%) and also that they get a representative sample not weighted to one party affiliation or another. Every independent polling organization uses the same methodology, which is why you see similar results, albeit with some different percentages. How the question is phrased will affect the results more than the samples used.

You also forget that when the country is experiencing bad economic times, and this certainly qualifies as bad times, the incumbent party has always lost the Presidency. The key polling data is the independent voters and McCain has been losing ground for the last month in every category in the polls.

Rich
10-18-2008, 10:51 AM
The really sad thing...Is this seriously the best candidate either party could provided?

Our forefathers are turning over in their graves!!!

Ranger50
10-18-2008, 10:57 AM
What you all forget is that the polls are done randomly with a specific number of respondents necessary for the desired accuracy (usually plus or minus 3%) and also that they get a representative sample not weighted to one party affiliation or another. Every independent polling organization uses the same methodology, which is why you see similar results, albeit with some different percentages. How the question is phrased will affect the results more than the samples used.

You also forget that when the country is experiencing bad economic times, and this certainly qualifies as bad times, the incumbent party has always lost the Presidency. The key polling data is the independent voters and McCain has been losing ground for the last month in every category in the polls.

If you think for one second that the mainstream news media polls are "random", "accurate", and "representative", I have oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you..... Quit being a lemming.

Brian

ADaughen
10-18-2008, 11:05 AM
If you think for one second that the mainstream news media polls are "random", "accurate", and "representative", I have oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you..... Quit being a lemming.

Brian

Rasmussen is usually pretty good.

I wouldn't even wipe my butt with the NYT, ABC, MSNBC, etc polls.

04 Venom
10-18-2008, 11:52 AM

Brian

The news networks hire independent polling firms; they don't do it themselves. If you know anything about polling firms, which you don't, they may be running polls for candidates for both parties simultaneously. Oh, by the way, the internal polls for the McCain campaign mirror those of the mainstream media. Surprised?

04 Venom
10-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Isn't she more qualified than the junior senator from Illinois? After all...she DOES have ACTUAL executive experience.

How many other Presidents, candidates for President, Vice-presidents or candidates for V-P lacked "executive experience" as you define it? McCain served briefly in the House before becoming a Senator; he has no civilian executive experience. The three Hamilton County County Commissioners have more executive experience than Palin--plus there are more people and government employees to supervise in Hamilton County than the entire state of Alaska.

Ranger50
10-18-2008, 03:13 PM
The news networks hire independent polling firms; they don't do it themselves. If you know anything about polling firms, which you don't, they may be running polls for candidates for both parties simultaneously. Oh, by the way, the internal polls for the McCain campaign mirror those of the mainstream media. Surprised?

Mmmmkay. If you like living your life with your head stuck in the sand or somewhere else, keep on talking. You clearly don't understand polling or news "coverage".

Then explain why you don't see a Zogby or Battleground poll?? You can't tell me for one nanosecond that they don't want some press coverage of their polls, do you??? Wonder why that is.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Since you brought it up, quote your source on the internal poll? And don't tell me, search the net for it or watch the news.

Brian

04 Venom
10-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Since you brought it up, quote your source on the internal poll? And don't tell me, search the net for it or watch the news.

An interview Ed Rollins gave. Google his name if you are unfamiliar as to who he is.

Motorvation
10-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Here's an idea...

All republicans try and take a poll whenever you are contacted. Say you will vote for Obama. When the younger crowd sees the new landslide in the polls they won't bother voting. Then we flip on them and put McCain in office!

This election is best summed up with one phrase...ELECTILE DYSFUNCTION!
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/P/7/electile.jpg

When either party are unable to produce a candidate worth getting excited enough to want to go out and vote!

Here's the cure!
http://www.naturalnews.com/cartoons/votagra_c_600.jpg

1986GT
10-21-2008, 06:41 PM

Brian

:bigthumb 100% right. I don't know how people can trust them enough not to check out their storeis against alternate sources. And their poles, HA! Bullshit!

may93
10-23-2008, 06:10 PM
I was all for McCain and Palin but this taxing my healthcare benifits really bothers me. I voted for Bush and look where were at today. Sad thing is I care for Obama even less.

Black92LX
10-24-2008, 07:15 AM
I was all for McCain and Palin but this taxing my healthcare benifits really bothers me. I voted for Bush and look where were at today. Sad thing is I care for Obama even less.

Have you taken a look at what all Obama wants to raise taxes on??????