Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Sweetest Day..... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sweetest Day.....

Bluecrew07
10-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Here a question... Since Valentines Day is mostly about the girl in the relationship. Shouldn't Sweetest Day be about the Guy?? Just to make it fair

ponymom05
10-15-2008, 07:15 PM
I see this going downhill fast!!!

jls94z
10-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Well I got engaged on Sweetest day '05.. So in our house it's about me! :lol:

mustang8998
10-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Well I got engaged on Sweetest day '05.. So in our house it's about me! :lol:

Josh, just remember this post. It is ALWAYS, just about her!

And even when it's not about her, she will turn it around, so that it is all about her.

Thats just the way it goes. :o

Bluecrew07
10-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Josh, just remember this post. It is ALWAYS, just about her!

And even when it's not about her, she will turn it around, so that it is all about her.

Thats just the way it goes. :o
lol yeah your prob right. That seems to be the way it always works out. must be nice lol

Black Horse
10-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Josh: You may want to suggest this to her and back it up by not getting her anything.

I'll be looking for your obituary

Always remeber - its always fair when it is about her!

mustang8998
10-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Josh: I'll be looking for your obituary

:lol:

Bluecrew07
10-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Josh: You may want to suggest this to her and back it up by not getting her anything.

I'll be looking for your obituary

Always remeber - its always fair when it is about her!
It will prob be about her until the end of time. but what if for just one year it was about the guy. Kinda like that school dance. where the girl ask the guy to the dance instead of the other way around.

Holly
10-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Sweetest Day is one of the gayest Hallmark holidays there is, in my opinion.

MADMOD
10-15-2008, 08:19 PM
It will prob be about her until the end of time. but what if for just one year it was about the guy. Kinda like that school dance. where the girl ask the guy to the dance instead of the other way around.

364 days a year it is about her. On my birthday it is about me. I guess it is something us men will have to live with.

Gearhead
10-15-2008, 08:22 PM

You said it Holly !! I completely agree...

Bluecrew07
10-15-2008, 08:29 PM
364 days a year it is about her. On my birthday it is about me. I guess it is something us men will have to live with.
Yeah i guess so lol at least we have one day hahaha

'92Stang
10-15-2008, 08:46 PM

:fna:
everyday should be about each other, and your children. I think for sweetest day last year, I bought Lynn a bag of alfalfa cubes for her horse. Any expectations beyond that is considered high maintenance in my book.:D...jk

MrsAPE
10-15-2008, 08:49 PM
I was born on sweetest day..it is all about me!! Well, when it falls on my bday that is. Course mom got chocolates and roses and told my dad he got me...still claims to this day he got the short end of that stick!! I gotta agree...lame ass holiday in my eyes too.

Mr.Moontang
10-15-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm taking Nancy to the demolition derby at the Hamilton County fair grounds Saturday night...hows that for romantic!

NaomiDstangLvr
10-15-2008, 09:04 PM
We never do anything for vday or sweetest day...

PONYGRL
10-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Yeah it is a Hallmark holiday and I think it is stupid. I think nearly all holidays are completely stupid because I dont have anything to celebrate. Like this weekend will be the same as every other. I will spend Saturday, Sweetest Day, by myself running errands all day like I do every Saturday. I am getting my oil changed at 8am, then getting gas, going to the groceries, picking up the house, starting laundry.

It will be nothing special and I wont see Chris all day hardly, since he works all day and will not do anything Friday night because we both work all wk and have to get up early, especially him at 4:30am..... So yeah.... maybe it's a little weird that I could not care less, I don't know. I am beginning to care less and less about holidays and everything else because it is just a normal day- probably the same as my 21st birthday will be.

Whatev, whatev. :mad:

Paul408Notch
10-15-2008, 09:20 PM

Agreed 100%

Plus, if you mention sweetest day ANYWHERE else in the country, the look at you and ask WTF it is. It's ONLY in this area. Some jackass decided there weren't enough reasons to buy a card and candy, so he made up a lame holiday that only caught on here.

BIGRED Z
10-15-2008, 11:42 PM
It's all a tradeoff...roses for BJ's! :lol:

Seriously tho, we usually just do dinner on Valentines, maybe exchange a small something. But we usually just forget about Sweetest Day. It's over before we realize it ever came.

k062693w
10-15-2008, 11:56 PM
I will spend Saturday, Sweetest Day, by myself running errands all day like I do every Saturday. I am getting my oil changed at 8am, then getting gas, going to the groceries, picking up the house, starting laundry.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

:lol: Do you workout, or take roids????????? :lol:

JFWY :lol:

Bluecrew07
10-16-2008, 01:11 AM
But you all do know. the day you forget about sweetest day is the day that your wife or girlfriend really remembers it and your in trouble.:lol:

Mista Bone
10-16-2008, 02:47 AM

As a guy, if you forget it, you ain't gettin any till Xmas or maybe New Years!

VuNiT3
10-16-2008, 08:01 AM

Word. I could give a shit less about Sweetest Day.:rolleyes:

bestracing
10-16-2008, 11:26 AM
But you all do know. the day you forget about sweetest day is the day that your wife or girlfriend really remembers it and your in trouble.:lol:

As a guy, if you forget it, you ain't gettin any till Xmas or maybe New Years!

Not true. I think my wife and I got each other something the first time while we were dating and afterwards it's been just another day for the last 23 years.

From what I have been told it's only local because Gibson Greeting Cards is the one that started it and they were a local company. don't know how much truth there is to that but :dunno:

Mark66
10-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Sweetest Day started out because a candy maker in Cleveland wanted to give candy to orphans. Hense "Sweetest Day of the Year!" He wanted to make them feel special. Good Idea. Now halmark got ahold of it and bastardized it into the joke it is today.

I remember when I was in California, nobody had heard of Sweetest Day.

Dirtyd0g
10-16-2008, 12:35 PM
What is sweetest day? Sounds like a hallmark holiday to be ignored to me.
:D

Bluecrew07
10-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Well until yesterday i thought that it was known everywhere just like Valentines Day. Maybe we should make up a Holiday that benefits the guys...

Mista Bone
10-16-2008, 02:37 PM
March 14 is our day :)

Bluecrew07
10-16-2008, 02:43 PM
I like June 11:bigthumb

Kevin Doe
10-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Any man who celebrates Sweetest Day needs to calmly unscrew your penis, pop your nuts off, put them in a box, and give it to your significant other to keep for the rest of eterinty. It would be less painfull than the firm grasp she'll have over your manhood if you do not follow my advice.

That said, I'll probably just give the wife a pearl necklace.

1byafender
10-16-2008, 03:00 PM
I cant complain. My wife bought me this little blue coupe last year for me on sweetest day.

Bluecrew07
10-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Sounds like a good day to me

untamed
10-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Wow!!! I did not know that either. Ohio is the only state to celebrate Sweetest Day. HHMM:screwy

stroked4eyes
10-16-2008, 06:05 PM
March 14 is our day :)

Am I the only one who realized that is Pi (or PIE) day?

LMFAO

Bluecrew07
10-16-2008, 06:52 PM

LMFAO
Until now yes you was the only one lol 3.14 lol

Markcore
10-16-2008, 07:21 PM
When is Sweetest Day???

Bluecrew07
10-16-2008, 07:28 PM
Oct. 18

Mista Bone
10-16-2008, 08:59 PM

LMFAO

Steak and BJ day is who it is known, maybe some PIE for desert!

Jaylynn
10-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Word. I could give a shit less about Sweetest Day.:rolleyes:

I gotta agree.... there's quite a few of us girls on here apparently who dont care abt it. :)

ruby71oh
10-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Not true. I think my wife and I got each other something the first time while we were dating and afterwards it's been just another day for the last 23 years.

From what I have been told it's only local because Gibson Greeting Cards is the one that started it and they were a local company. don't know how much truth there is to that but :dunno:

My husband said that it's because American Greetings (up in Cleveland) created the holiday to sell more cards. He works with guys from PA and they never heard of it. I believe it might be an Ohio thing.

holeshot
10-18-2008, 08:22 PM
My husband said that it's because American Greetings (up in Cleveland) created the holiday to sell more cards. He works with guys from PA and they never heard of it. I believe it might be an Ohio thing.

I'm from Indiana, and its here too.

mustang8998
10-19-2008, 09:49 AM

The origin of Sweetest Day is frequently attributed to candy company employee Herbert Birch Kingston as an act of philanthropy.[4] However, Bill Lubinger, a reporter for The Plain Dealer, contends that "Dozens of Cleveland's top candy makers concocted the promotion 84 years ago and it stuck, although it never became as widely accepted as hoped."[5] The Cleveland Plain Dealer's October 8, 1921 edition, which chronicles the first Sweetest Day in Cleveland, states that the first Sweetest Day was planned by a committee of 12 confectioners chaired by candymaker C. C. Hartzell. The Sweetest Day in the Year Committee distributed over 20,000 boxes of candy to "newsboys, orphans, old folks, and the poor" in Cleveland, Ohio[6]. The Sweetest Day in the Year Committee was assisted in the distribution of candy by some of the biggest movie stars of the day including Theda Bara and Ann Pennington.[7]
There were also several attempts to start a "Sweetest Day" in New York City, including a declaration of a Candy Day throughout the United States by candy manufacturers on October 8, 1922.[8] In 1927, The New York Times reported that "the powers that determine the nomenclature of the weeks of October" decreed that the week beginning on October 10, 1927 would be known as Sweetest Week.[9] On September 25, 1937, The New York Times reported under Advertising News and Notes that The National Confectioners Association had launched a "movement throughout the candy industry" to rank Sweetest Day with the nationally accepted Mother's Day, Father's Day, and St. Valentine's Day.[10] In 1940, another Sweetest Day was proclaimed on October 19. The promotional event was marked by the distribution of more than 10,000 boxes of candy by the Sweetest Day Committee.[11] The candy was distributed among 26 local charities. 225 children were given candy in the chapel at the Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Children on October 17, 1940.[11] 600 boxes of candy were also delivered to the presidents of the Jewish, Protestant and Catholic Big Sister groups of New York.[11]