Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Today is the 1st day to order a Camaro [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Today is the 1st day to order a Camaro

PONYGRL
10-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Just got this in my inbox because I'm on Chevy's email list. You can view specs and all the details.

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/

I'm still not sure how I feel about them though.

snotzs135
10-13-2008, 04:37 PM
don't like it sorry but thats just me i think the totally missed it on this one! :(

93hulk
10-13-2008, 04:58 PM
I think the Camaro and Challenger look ALOT better than the current Mustang. I hope Ford makes some major changes on the next generation. Untill then Ill stick will foxes and 99-04 cars.:)

nskaats
10-13-2008, 05:04 PM
don't like it sorry but thats just me i think the totally missed it on this one! :(

Fortunately for GM the majority of consumers disagree, it seems to be going over VERY well with consumers. Now if the market picks up again they'll be able to buy one!

I've never been a huge Camaro fan myself, but I do like the new body. I think they kicked ass this time around. Besides, the new V6 Camaro makes the same power as the current Mustang GT for less cash...that's hard to argue with.

92StangMan
10-13-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm not a big fan of the new ones.

I wonder if the 2010 Camaros will drop the price of the '98-'02 Camaros since they've retained their value because they were the 'last F-body'?

Mustard
10-13-2008, 06:19 PM
They are ok looking. I like the Chalenger better. As for the price droping on the last body style it's almost a given.

rogers
10-13-2008, 06:30 PM
I think the Camaro and Challenger look ALOT better than the current Mustang. I hope Ford makes some major changes on the next generation. Untill then Ill stick will foxes and 99-04 cars.:)

:agree:

and as much i some may not want to hear it my stang's pay off day is slowly creaping up and even though i love the mustang i will more than likely get a new challenger w/ a hemi eventhough it may not be a srt8 it will be a hemi and i read that the 5 spd will be availible and a optioned 6 spd too! i will be keeping my stang thats why i'm waiting till its paid for then

imo if ford wants to continue to keep people buying the mustang its going to take some big n/a numbers to do that like i mean a 304hp v6 and 400 hp v8 makes our stangs a bit underpowered even if the cars weights are off a bit

how about the 4.6 3v making over 400 without a blower and 5.4 in the 450 zone without a blower... ford has always produced a good looking car (even if you don't like the mustang II style kiss my but without it we may not have our cars) but we seem to always be out powered

i like the new looks, now if pontiac would've followed a bit more suit i bet they will stiil have the gto not the g8 to offer

PONYGRL
10-13-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm not a big fan of the new ones.

I wonder if the 2010 Camaros will drop the price of the '98-'02 Camaros since they've retained their value because they were the 'last F-body'?

Maybe. I'm just anxious for the new bodystyle stang. It's like a camaro/mustang-ish hybrid so we'll see. I think the challengers are badass though, I remember seeing my 1st one at the auto show last year.

Sharad
10-13-2008, 07:15 PM
I don't think the challenger and camaro are that good looking. the concept vehicles of both cars were way better looking than the production. I thought that by the time the challenger and camaro came out I'd be bored with the S197 body style, but that has not been the case. I think the GT500 look is stunning and my heart still skips a beat when I see one!

PonymanfiveO
10-13-2008, 08:02 PM
The new Camaro does'nt look too bad from the side.

It makes me giggle when I see it from the front or back though. :lol:

snotzs135
10-13-2008, 08:09 PM
i will agree that the challenger looks really nice and i would if i could buy one lol but the camaro to me just doesnt do it i love the old 60's but thats about it but hey to each there own lol :bigthumb

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-13-2008, 08:10 PM
The new Camaro does'nt look too bad from the side.

It makes me giggle when I see it from the front or back though. :lol:

That's my take on it too. Chevy does the same thing Dodge does....they try to incorporate their "shape" into every car. For Dodge it's that stupid Ram grill thing, and for Chevy it's the "V" shape thing. The tail of the Camaro is the worst part IMO.

Oh, and the thing going for the Camaro is timing...late to the party is the way to go as long as you're not too late. This way you're the hottest thing out. The down side is the 2010 Mustang that's gonna be coming out guns blazing. The teaser pics Ford released are hinting towards a more Fastback style with arched hips and a sleeker front end...i can't wait.

PKFIRE
10-13-2008, 08:38 PM
I saw a new Challanger V6 at the track Friday night. Cut a 16.1@87mph. Now the kicker is that the new V6 Camaro Starting at 22995 is suppose to run low 14's which is in Challanger RT and even Mustang Gt territory. I remember V6 Camaros were almost as quick in the quarter as mustang GT's in the mid 90's. I guess history is about to repeat itself.

PKFIRE
10-13-2008, 08:42 PM
:agree:

and as much i some may not want to hear it my stang's pay off day is slowly creaping up and even though i love the mustang i will more than likely get a new challenger w/ a hemi eventhough it may not be a srt8 it will be a hemi and i read that the 5 spd will be availible and a optioned 6 spd too! i will be keeping my stang thats why i'm waiting till its paid for then

imo if ford wants to continue to keep people buying the mustang its going to take some big n/a numbers to do that like i mean a 304hp v6 and 400 hp v8 makes our stangs a bit underpowered even if the cars weights are off a bit

how about the 4.6 3v making over 400 without a blower and 5.4 in the 450 zone without a blower... ford has always produced a good looking car (even if you don't like the mustang II style kiss my but without it we may not have our cars) but we seem to always be out powered

i like the new looks, now if pontiac would've followed a bit more suit i bet they will stiil have the gto not the g8 to offer

I think if Ford can make the next gen Mustang light it will have a chance with the Challanger even if it down some hp. I believe the Challanger RT is mid to late 13 second car just like the current Mustang Gt. The Challanger looks great and is my favorite but it also weighs over 4000lbs.

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-13-2008, 08:47 PM
I saw a new Challanger V6 at the track Friday night. Cut a 16.1@87mph. Now the kicker is that the new V6 Camaro Starting at 22995 is suppose to run low 14's which is in Challanger RT and even Mustang Gt territory. I remember V6 Camaros were almost as quick in the quarter as mustang GT's in the mid 90's. I guess history is about to repeat itself.

Which history? The one where the Mustang outsells the Camaro every year, or the one where the Camaro dies off because of poor sales and being over priced?

PKFIRE
10-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Which history? The one where the Mustang outsells the Camaro every year, or the one where the Camaro dies off because of poor sales and being over priced?

Hehe, I think you maybe right also on that. The mustang V6's and Basic Gt's are still value leader today compared to the Camaro and the Challanger. That may repeat itself also,lol.

02mingryGT
10-14-2008, 10:40 AM

+2. And don't forget the poor quality on the rattletraps.

nskaats
10-14-2008, 11:01 AM
I think if Ford can make the next gen Mustang light it will have a chance with the Challanger even if it down some hp. I believe the Challanger RT is mid to late 13 second car just like the current Mustang Gt. The Challanger looks great and is my favorite but it also weighs over 4000lbs.

Don't forget the current Mustangs that can barely hang with what the F-bodies did 15 years ago. Unfortunately the weight seems to be going up on everything these days. Shit in ten more years we're going to be looking at 4,500 lb pony cars. Too many creature comforts that come standard now and constantly getting tighter on the NVH standards. It's a shame we can't order a stripped down car from any manufacturer anymore.

The new Camaro is far from over priced. Definitely a better value for a performance oriented buyer. The Mustang consistently outsells the Camaro because GM doesn't know how to advertise. The last time they advertised a Camaro was late 1997/early 1998. Everyone that works in marketing at GM should be canned. Ford has pushed the Mustang everywhere they have a chance since the car was introduced and they've made it a household name that everyone knows. GM has never been aggressive enough with their advertising and likely never will be.

Hehe, I think you maybe right also on that. The mustang V6's and Basic Gt's are still value leader today compared to the Camaro and the Challanger. That may repeat itself also,lol.

I think the new Camaro will be a much better value than the Mustang. The base model V6 makes the same power as the GT for $3,000 less. The base SS comes very well equipped and packs 122 HP more than the GT for $2000 more than the "premium" GT. I'm not really a huge fan of the Camaro or Mustang, but if I were to buy new I wouldn't even give the Mustang a second look.

+2. And don't forget the poor quality on the rattletraps.

Of the 4 F-bodies I own...never any quality issues. Oddly enough, no rattles either. The only people I have ever heard that from really dont know jack about the cars...they just read it on the internet from someone else that's likely never owned one or even been in one.

frey_gt
10-14-2008, 11:55 AM
The Camaro looks all right. I would like to see the Firebird make a come back.

nskaats
10-14-2008, 11:59 AM
I would like to see the Firebird make a come back.

I wish it would happen too, but the official word is no.

Rob
10-14-2008, 02:09 PM
We were getting are hands on one to build as a drag car, but they built the car with a IRS which makes it hard to build a shock suspension car from. :screwy:

You would think they would learn from the 99-04 mustang. The camaro has tremendous power potential with the new block but the rest of the car wont hold anything.

rogers
10-14-2008, 04:18 PM
i don't doubt the mustang will continue to out sell either model i have personally had alot of problems with my gt and i still kept it always will but i really like the new challenger and the camaro doesn't look so great the new body mustang will show up but no new power plants for awhile right? well wtf someone at ford needs their ass kicked how come the ford produces the boss 290 over seas but not here thats the kinda shit thats messed up

PONYGRL
10-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Yeah I hear ya. I think it'll def give the stang a run for its money. I dont remember seeing pics of the original camaro concept, but supposedly the design is tons diff than the original concept. But I guess that was the same case when they changed the mustang bodystyle in 05. The manufacturers have done a decent job changing to retro designs for the muscle cars (mustang, challenger, vette, i guess charger would fit here, and now camaro) but I still such a fan of older cars :( I wish all the cars were like they were in the mid-late 60's + safety features.... that would rock.

I doubt I'll have an extra $50,000 lying around in a couple years anyway.

Dirtyd0g
10-15-2008, 09:36 AM
It's about time Chevy got in on the remake of old body styles. I guess they will find out that was "soo last year'
Alan

02mingryGT
10-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Of the 4 F-bodies I own...never any quality issues. Oddly enough, no rattles either. The only people I have ever heard that from really dont know jack about the cars...they just read it on the internet from someone else that's likely never owned one or even been in one.

Well I must be the exception. I haven't owned one, can't think why I would want to either, but I have known several people who have had them. And reading your responses on the internet wouldn't make me think there great either....lol. We'll see how it goes when they actually hit the streets. Hopefully it will have better sales than the Challenger. But again, more power doesn't equal more sales. Chevy has done a good job with the latest versions of the vette.

92coupe
10-15-2008, 11:45 AM
I personally do not like it at all. I do like the look of the Challenger far better than i like the 05-08 stangs. I agree with Mark, the foxes and 99-04 are the only mustang i really care for.

It has been said before the reto look is so last year, and being over done.

nskaats
10-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Well I must be the exception. I haven't owned one, can't think why I would want to either, but I have known several people who have had them. And reading your responses on the internet wouldn't make me think there great either....lol.

That's about the amount of first-hand experience I expected. My responses are based on my experiences from owning a number of them and working on more than I care to remember. The vast majority of owners love their cars. I guess hear-say and internet BS beats honesty and first-hand experience every time. More power to ya!