Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
low impedence injectors [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : low impedence injectors

Steves LX
10-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Can anyone explain and also how can I tell whether I have them or not?

facemelter71
10-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Google.I took it from some versa fueler website.http://www.acceleronics.com/faq.htmIf you click on the link,its the second question from the bottom.But also read the last one.Its got some good info too.

Virtually all cars come with high-impedance injectors. The ECU turns high impedance injectors on and off with a simple switch, much like an ordinary light switch. Turn the switch on when you want fuel, turn it off when you don't.

But you can't run low-impedance injectors that way or you will burn them out! These injectors need to be carefully controlled, so a simple on/off switch will not work. They need something more like a dimmer switch. Turn them on all the way to get them to open, then after they open, turn down the dimmer so they don't get too hot.
The second problem is that the ECU's injector drivers can't handle the large electric current needed for low-impedance injectors. Low impedance injectors need about 4 times as much current as high-impedance injectors. This much current will burn out the transistors in the ECU that run the injectors, unless the injectors burn out first!

The VersaFuelers TM is built to handle the needs of low impedance injectors, and to protect your ECU!

Stangman
10-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Can anyone explain and also how can I tell whether I have them or not?

I posted a thread a while back comparing different fuel injectors... most of Fords were High Impedance

Mista Bone
10-08-2008, 02:48 PM
and work perfectly in a Honda :)

Honda did use low imp. injectors for 88-91 but require a resistor box, shitty design if you ask me.

Alot of the larger injectors are low impedance......

5.0calypso93lx
10-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Alot of the injector companies like Siemens Deka and RC are coming out with much bigger high impedance injectors. They are not cheap though...

evildriver
10-08-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm pretty sure low imp. are used on standalone engine management systems. With some exceptions.

IWRBB
10-08-2008, 07:57 PM
That Versafueler works great BTW, lots of guys are using that to fire lo-imp injectors.