Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
3v match race MD vs. JPC [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 3v match race MD vs. JPC

KenB
10-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Thought some of you guys might like to check this out. These are the two quickest 3v Mustangs in the country as far as I know and we had a best of 3 match race.

Only rules were

Had to be a 3v

Had to be a real production 05+ stang

Had to use stock computer

Justin Burcham set a new overall ET record with a Procharger/spray combo running 8.53@161

Vinny Barber set a new single power adder record running 8.72@158

Justin's car weighs 3,600+ and Vinny's weighs 3,520

http://modulardepotvideos.com/video/7236

Mark, hope you don't mind that I used your video of the first paring since I didn't get it on video.

kennebellcobra
10-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Cool video Ken...congrats to both:bigthumb

firestang70
10-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Awesome work guys!

331TwistedWedge
10-06-2008, 11:55 PM
a kick ass song :bigthumb ...

congrats to you guys ... 2 power adders versus 1, i think you held your own quite well ...

plattner01
10-07-2008, 12:35 AM
np ken glad i was there to capture it

USMCPONY
10-07-2008, 12:41 AM
pretty sweet

gtbadboy
10-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Very Nice

Justin Burcham
10-08-2008, 09:44 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This weekend was a great event for both camps, I never took the callout personally, and it was all in good fun. Vinny/Md have a badass car that I'm sure with more time/testing could raise the bar even higher, I've got some laps on my car and ultimately can be considered an advantage. I was just as surprised as everyone at the track as to how fast the car went, it all just came together.

I wanted to enlighten everyone as to the road to BG. The car had not been touched since Columbus/NMRA a few weeks back, we had been waiting on the engine to be completed by Rich Groh of RGR. He was putting some special "love" on the engine and also ran into a few problems during the buildup, par for the course. He pushed through and completed the shortblock&heads Tuesday eve before the race. Threw the engine in the back of the truck and drove straight through from Chicago to Maryland. He arrived Wednesday afternoon and then we started to assemble the longblock. My crew@JPC thrashed on the car until Thursday afternoon, installed the engine, swapped the intercooler to the air/water and we got it fired up Thursday evening. We had a borrowed F1-A blower on the car(Thanks to Peter Del Pino) and were skeptical of how much power the car would make, with such a small supercharger. After the first baseline pull on the dyno, 23psi netted 960rwhp, we then added 2deg of timing, which yielded 1050, no juice. I said "Well let's load her on the trailer and go race!" We left the shop @1am and drove straight through to BG for the race.

We made a test hit Saturday am and realized that the factory computer was limiting us to 7700rpms, which limited us to how fast the car could go. 152mph was all that the car would/could run with the 4.10 gear and a 7700rpm rev limit. I knew the rev limit might be a concern but we hadn't spun the engine that hard in the past. We have been working to resolve this issue with the best people in the industry and so far no one has cracked the code. After our 9.03 pass against Vinny, we realized that 152 was not going to cut it for the match race so we made an announcement at the track to locate a set of 3.73 gears, fortunately someone at the track had a set. We installed the gears in between reassembling the engine in Tommy's F/S car and Ryan's P/S car until 2:30am. They got torn down by NMRA tech to the crankshaft.

I wasn’t going to take a chance at losing another round, so we installed the Wilson N2O bottle. I was kind of unsure where to put the timing because the engine combo had changed form previous experience. I erred to the conservative side and made a decision. The car performed great in the second race against Vinny, but he handed me my ass on the tree. I was a little groggy from the previous couple days, but should have been on my game regardless. He took the victory but we were pretty happy that the car performed well.

For the third race I added one more degree of timing and the car responded with the 8.53@161. Wow, if you had told me at the start of the week that the car would have ran that number I would have bet the farm we couldn’t. Vinny was right beside me with his 8.72. We weighed both cars after the run just for fun and Vinny's car came in at 3505, while my car was 3610. Man these cars need a diet!

All in all it was a blast and glad I could be involved. There were many people routing for both sides and each race was determined by a car or less. That was some great racing considering the nature of each car. I would do it again in a heartbeat. We are going to install a larger supercharger/more boost, and with some more testing and better air, go after an 8.60 blower only. We think it is definitely obtainable. I hope MD keeps pushing the limits as well and I would love to race again before the season is out. Tracks stay open well into the winter on the east coast in Maryland, hint, hint.LOL

I could not have accomplished this without the help of the people that are involved in my program.

Brisk racing plugs
TCI trans and Pro-X converter, Has been in the car for 2 seasons now
Magnafuel
Diablosport tuning,Kevin MacDonald punching the keys, could not have done this without him
Ford Racing, without the new Boss Modular block we could not have made the power we did, or kept it together for that matter.
Bassani exhaust
Jesel
Wilson/Nitrous Pro-Flo
Racecraft
Metco suspension, the same stuff most street guys have, it works!!1.28 60ft
Strange axles and brakes
Bogart wheels
Mickey Thompson tires
UPR
Autometer
PMAS mass air
MSD
AJE

I owe the guys at the shop huge, Eric, Danny, Jeff and Mike Washington for burning the midnight oil and getting the car together. JPC pulled together and made all of this happen in the 11th hr.

Rich Groh @RGR engines, I can't say enough about his dedication to our program, what other engine builder would work sleepless nights to machine and assemble an engine, then drive it 12hrs out to the shop. Then with no sleep, degree the cams and assemble the longblock...That engine is badass!!!!!!!! If anyone out there needs the best 3V engine on the planet then Rich is your man, he is my best-kept secret!!!LOL

Once again congrats to Vinny and MD on the win, they earned it. I'm always down for a rematch!! :cheers:

Mustard
10-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Very cool vid and both cars are just sick fast.

Blacksunshine
10-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Nice cars for sure ,and doing what they should be doing, DRAG RACING !!! Hell yeah !!!
Congrats !!!

plattner01
10-09-2008, 12:14 AM
i would like to say to justin and vinny , thanks for putting on a hell of a good race, sitting in the stands watching you two race was fun. Cant wait til the rematch.

98stangv6
10-09-2008, 07:27 PM
One heck of a show. Probably the most I have been excited about seeing a drag race in a long long time.

beefcake
10-10-2008, 11:05 AM
congrats guys :)

FMGT1999
10-11-2008, 02:09 AM
Very cool congrats to you all. :bigthumb

Kyle