Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Shelby Super Snake Vs. Superchargered Challenger [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Shelby Super Snake Vs. Superchargered Challenger

USMCPONY
10-06-2008, 03:19 AM
5 Month waiting list for the Super Snake. Im not sure if I would pay $70K-$80K for it though. If you watch my other video please tell me how a Super Snake only beats a stock GT500 by .60 of a second on a 2.2 mile course with over 200 more hp, better brakes and suspension? Even though the car was spinning I think he could of controlled it better than he did.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/H2H-Ep-14-Shelby-Super-Vs_188578.htm

04 Venom
10-06-2008, 10:13 AM
I had never seen this video before. Thanks. My take on these two cars are that they are at least 600 lbs. too heavy. When I went from my Terminator to an 07 Z06, the difference 500 lbs. makes in the handling, and fuel economy, was very noticeable. If you are only looking at straight line acceleration, weight can be offset with horsepower, to a point, as long as you can get the ponies to the ground. The guys driving the light Fox bodies have got the right idea. New muscle cars are just too damn heavy.

Black Horse
10-06-2008, 10:19 AM
It's all about the balance. It looks like the Super Snake pushed real hard going into the corners and when you added in the power it got real loose. Maybe with a real good set of track tires it would be better, but as a rule these beasts are heavy and cumbersome....but have oodles of power. Not sure how the brakes hold up to trying to whoa that mass down time after time.

evildriver
10-08-2008, 06:45 PM
I will take two please!:lol: Thats one hell of a hefty price tag.

BigBadStang
10-16-2008, 09:29 AM
I thought the Super Snake was pricey!
100k for a Challenger?
They must really like the car...at that price, they'll have it for quite some time.
One thing though, the Challenger doesn't looks better after they lowered it 9"! :lol: