Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Kimbo vs. Shamrock, place your bets! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Kimbo vs. Shamrock, place your bets!

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Anyone watching the fight tonight? I'm not sure who to root for. On one hand, i think if it goes to the ground, Shamrock is going to teach Kimbo what submission feels like. But, i think if Shamrock lets his pride get the best of him and tries to beat Kimbo at his own game and stay on his feet, Shamrock's gonna get rocked. If it goes the distance i think Kimbo will get the decision since Shamrock has nothing to gain from winning and he's a good 10 years older and will probably be out of steam by then and the points will go in Kimbo's favor.

Paul408Notch
10-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Isn't Shamrock like 75 years old now? I like watching Kimbo fight, but they keep putting him up against washed-up fighters from the early 90s. If they don't start giving him some real competition soon, there will be a LOT more people with no respect for the guy.

Johnson1134
10-04-2008, 08:38 PM
I think kimbo will win in the first round!

Walter
10-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Id like to see Sham-Wow win. But he has also lost his last 5 fights in the 1st rd by tko/ko.

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Yeah i think if they stay on their feet or go the distance Kimbo will definitely have the win, but i still think Shamrock is skilled enough to submit him even in his old age. Shamrock was one BAMF back in the early days of UFC, he was basically unstoppable until the Gracies hit the scene.

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Well Damn! Nevermind! Shamrock is out because of a cut over his eye! Total setup up BS!

Johnson1134
10-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Well Damn! Nevermind! Shamrock is out because of a cut over his eye! Total setup up BS!

WTF....thats b...s...!i waited all week for this.well at least we can watch the females fight!

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah something about that just stinks like a set up. I really think this whole thing was to build hype. They're lucky as hell it's not PPV or they'd have a riot on their hands.

Johnson1134
10-04-2008, 09:14 PM
yeah i wondered why it was on local channels????

Walter
10-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Gina Corano had to get nekkid to make weight.

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-04-2008, 09:32 PM
yeah i wondered why it was on local channels????

It's on EliteXC which is run by CBS i guess. It's always on network TV.

Mr.Moontang
10-04-2008, 11:31 PM
14 seconds LOL

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Man that was a joke! It looked like a thrown fight to me. That kid got a good shot in on Kimbo but he didn't even try to get back up! I bet Kimbo wanted out of the contract or something and Shamrock wouldn't fight him if he was gonna throw the fight or something fishy like that.

Now that kid is gonna go out and fight someone serious and get his head split.

Waffles
10-05-2008, 01:16 AM
I hate Kimbo. They put him up against POS washed up fighters, because he can beat them. You put Kimbo in the ring with a Randy Couture, a Chuck Lidel, a Dan Henderson and he's going to get his ass handed to him. Hell, I still think BJ Penn could take him.

Walter
10-05-2008, 04:09 AM
You guys need to brush up on your MMA. That is all.

BIGHONKEY
10-05-2008, 09:59 AM
You guys need to brush up on your MMA. That is all.

yeah no shit.

Waffles
10-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Man that was a joke! It looked like a thrown fight to me. That kid got a good shot in on Kimbo but he didn't even try to get back up! I bet Kimbo wanted out of the contract or something and Shamrock wouldn't fight him if he was gonna throw the fight or something fishy like that.

Now that kid is gonna go out and fight someone serious and get his head split.

I just watched the fight on YouTube. I very, very seriously doubt that Kimbo threw that fight. Why would he possibly want out of his contract? ECX doesn't spoon feed him, they bottle feed him. He's got it better than he deserves, and way more than he's earned. He's just a lousy fighter. It's obvious that Petruzelli isn't all that together, he swings wildly at an opportunistic time. However he's at least fought someone like Hamill and even has a win over Dan Severn. Furthermore from what I understand he had no idea he was fighting Kimbo until he showed up.

Kimbo belongs in the WWE or something gay like that. EXC is so invested in Kimbo, they can't afford to have him fight any real contenders. So, he fights either washed up big names, or no names. I'm sure they're scrambling now to figure out how to save their investment and his career.

wildstang89
10-05-2008, 02:20 PM
I can see them throwing Dan Frye at Kimbo next. Hall of Famer who is in his 40's whos looking for a comeback. LOL

Walter
10-05-2008, 02:38 PM
I just watched the fight on YouTube. I very, very seriously doubt that Kimbo threw that fight. Why would he possibly want out of his contract? ECX doesn't spoon feed him, they bottle feed him. He's got it better than he deserves, and way more than he's earned. He's just a lousy fighter. It's obvious that Petruzelli isn't all that together, he swings wildly at an opportunistic time. However he's at least fought someone like Hamill and even has a win over Dan Severn. Furthermore from what I understand he had no idea he was fighting Kimbo until he showed up.

Kimbo belongs in the WWE or something gay like that. EXC is so invested in Kimbo, they can't afford to have him fight any real contenders. So, he fights either washed up big names, or no names. I'm sure they're scrambling now to figure out how to save their investment and his career.

OMG, just stop.

I can see them throwing Dan Frye at Kimbo next. Hall of Famer who is in his 40's whos looking for a comeback. LOL

Don Frye.....

wildstang89
10-05-2008, 03:47 PM
LOL , thanks for pointing that out. Pudgy fingers. :lol:

facemelter71
10-06-2008, 05:12 PM
All I have to say is,Kimbo is garbage.Look at his fight vs Thompson.He gassed out in the first round.Shamrock would have owned him,standing up or layin on his back.Kimbo wont tap,so Shamrock would have most likely broke his arm or something.

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-06-2008, 09:00 PM
That would've been awesome to see...lol.

It's been a long time since i've seen someone get dislocated or broken, since back before Spike unless i missed a fight.

Kwik92GT
10-08-2008, 11:36 AM
If any of you believe Kimbo is a good MMA fighter you need to wake up. He may have done OK in some street fights over the years, but he is in NO WAY a contender in the MMA world as it is today. EliteXC had him fighting cans and washed up fighters of old to try and build his rep in the MMA world for future fights and even bigger pay days. That is a FACT. It didn't happen. He got exposed by a journeyman MMA fighter, a 205lber at that. He has a light chin, no cardio, and has ZERO ground game. It was going to happen sooner or later, just happened sooner. ANY top MMA fighter would have destroyed him, no matter the style. Hopefully we'll never have to hear from him again except for maybe the random youtube video here and there.

Waffles
10-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Amen.

JET50213
10-08-2008, 01:29 PM
I would like to see Brock Lesnar beat the peez out of him!!

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-08-2008, 01:37 PM
I would like to see Brock Lesnar beat the peez out of him!!

I think it's funny how people bash Kimbo but nobody says anything about a wrestler like Brock being in there.

I personally miss the good old days when it truly was a mixed martial arts match, before the Gracies came in with their damned submissions and caused everyone to to start learning everything. I miss seeing a karate guy fighting a wrestler etc. The first UFC even had a sumo wrestler! I can't say that was better than it is now, because now is still awesome, but i don't see why a guy like Kimbo can't have a fair chance (not saying he didn't) to make it as far as he can just because he's a brawler and not some jack of all trades.

BIGHONKEY
10-08-2008, 02:25 PM
I think it's funny how people bash Kimbo but nobody says anything about a wrestler like Brock being in there.

I personally miss the good old days when it truly was a mixed martial arts match, before the Gracies came in with their damned submissions and caused everyone to to start learning everything. I miss seeing a karate guy fighting a wrestler etc. The first UFC even had a sumo wrestler! I can't say that was better than it is now, because now is still awesome, but i don't see why a guy like Kimbo can't have a fair chance (not saying he didn't) to make it as far as he can just because he's a brawler and not some jack of all trades.

WTH?

The Gracies owned/started the UFC. So the good old days you are refering to was when Royce Gracie PWN3D everyone in every weight class because there were no weight classes, no time limits at first, no gloves, few rules, and no rounds. Virtualy no one could fight on the ground. I have followed it since the begining, and even been a part of it for a little while.

Kwik92GT
10-08-2008, 03:24 PM
WTH?

The Gracies owned/started the UFC. So the good old days you are refering to was when Royce Gracie PWN3D everyone in every weight class because there were no weight classes, no time limits at first, no gloves, few rules, and no rounds. Virtualy no one could fight on the ground. I have followed it since the begining, and even been a part of it for a little while.

Absolutely true. They wanted to show the world how superior their style of fighting was, and they did. Don't forget that those guys fought multiple fights in the same night back then too. Imagine trying that now. LOL Love the old fights. My brother has a lot of them recorded and we check them out once in a while. Good stuff.

BIGHONKEY
10-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Absolutely true. They wanted to show the world how superior their style of fighting was, and they did. Don't forget that those guys fought multiple fights in the same night back then too. Imagine trying that now. LOL Love the old fights. My brother has a lot of them recorded and we check them out once in a while. Good stuff.

Duh forgot to mention 2-3 fights a night. I have the 1st 27ish on VHS if anyone ever wants to borrow some of them. :)

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Nobody said the Gracies weren't around!

My point is, now it's all "jack of all trades", which is cool but i miss the guys who really specialized in particular styles and i liked seeing how those styles worked against eachother. Now, if you can't work on the ground you won't survive.

BIGHONKEY
10-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Nobody said the Gracies weren't around!

My point is, now it's all "jack of all trades", which is cool but i miss the guys who really specialized in particular styles and i liked seeing how those styles worked against eachother. Now, if you can't work on the ground you won't survive.

Not true that much anymore if you can avoid/stuff the take down which many are getting good at or have been (IE Chuck Liddel),(lyoto Machida). Alot of guys prefer standing.