Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Never mess with a K-9 [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Never mess with a K-9

Steves LX
10-02-2008, 01:49 PM
This was on Fox news last night. It looks better if you view the full screen mode.
http://www.fox19.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=2981145&h1=K-9%20demonstration%20in%20Lawrenceburg&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=99933&LaunchPageAdTag=Search%20Results&activePane=info&rnd=43183063

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-02-2008, 02:31 PM
I have a cousin who used to breed German Shepards and several of them went to police departments. He also did some training for some of them, and one time he had me stand in as the bad guy with the big arm sleeve thing on. The dog he was training was a pretty small female, maybe a year old. When i got there, this dog was licking on me and was playful and sweet as can be. Then, i put the sleeve on and stood about 30 yards away, and he said some command in German and this dog turned into a snarling terror and when he let go of the leash that dog was on me like lightning and it was all i could do to hold onto that sleeve. I was honestly scared to death, and i'm usually not afraid of dogs.

Black92LX
10-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Just watching the dogs work is not enough to truly understand how amazing they are.

Putting on the sleeve is a little bit of an understanding. But when you get in the full suit and get hit by the dog on a 45 yard sprint is quite amazing.

The power built up in these medium sized animals is amazing.

Kwik92GT
10-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Just watching the dogs work is not enough to truly understand how amazing they are.

Putting on the sleeve is a little bit of an understanding. But when you get in the full suit and get hit by the dog on a 45 yard sprint is quite amazing.

The power built up in these medium sized animals is amazing.

Quoted for TRUTH. I used to help out some friends of mine training dogs in Schutzhund when stationed in N.C.. I was taken off my feet a couple of times. The amount of power a 90-100lb dog can generate in a 40-50yd run is just nuts. When they hit on a bare arm they can generate enough force to break the arm in 2 places, not to mention putting you on your ass. :bigthumb