Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Needing recomendations on a new cell phone [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Needing recomendations on a new cell phone

ibstrokin
10-01-2008, 06:57 PM
I currently have a samsung blackjack, I love the phone except for the reception. It drops calls constantly. I know it's not the network because my company cell will have 4 bars, and my blackjack will have 0. What I want is another pda phone, I like to surf the net, play games at lunch or whenever I have down time. But my next phone has to work good as a phone first. Let me know what you guys like and don't like. I'm considering the moto Q, Blackberry 8800/8700, palm 750. Lmk

99Slobra
10-01-2008, 07:37 PM
The new Blackjack II is badass. I have one for my company phone and I love it.

The Moto Qh is a great phone but large. The Blackberry's haven't been impressing me lately.

Just say no to the palm's...

Dirtyd0g
10-01-2008, 08:37 PM
My wife just got an ericson and she likes it better than the blackberry.
I'm simple I like my razor.
Alan

YouGotJunk
10-01-2008, 09:02 PM
I have the new samsung instinct and i'm pretty happy with it. Haven't had a problem out of it yet!

95redstang
10-01-2008, 09:26 PM
The new Blackjack II is badass. I have one for my company phone and I love it.

The Moto Qh is a great phone but large. The Blackberry's haven't been impressing me lately.

Just say no to the palm's...

My Palm Centro is bad ass..I'm so sick of Blackberry it's not funny

ibstrokin
10-01-2008, 09:32 PM
I thought about a blackjack 2, but my blackjack gets such poor reception, I think I'm going to avoid samsung all together.

billy69mach
10-01-2008, 09:53 PM
if you use sprint watch them close on your bill i have used them for about 4 years they tried to get me after i whent with another 2 year contract they said the phone was free tryed to bill me like 240 dollars for the phone then got my next bill and i went over my minutes i get like 300 free and nights and weekends free $40 more than normal so i paid it and let it slide next bill comes it was 40 over to called they took away my free nights and weekends with new contract after they told me every thing would stay the same called they put my free nights and weekends back on and credited me for a wopping $12 you got to watch them.

99Slobra
10-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I thought about a blackjack 2, but my blackjack gets such poor reception, I think I'm going to avoid samsung all together.

Honestly the difference between the 2 phones is HUGE.

You've got 30 days to return if you're not impressed ya know.

The Centro is a nice phone but its got the tiniest buttons...

PonymanfiveO
10-01-2008, 10:16 PM
if you use sprint watch them close on your bill i have used them for about 4 years they tried to get me after i whent with another 2 year contract they said the phone was free tryed to bill me like 240 dollars for the phone then got my next bill and i went over my minutes i get like 300 free and nights and weekends free $40 more than normal so i paid it and let it slide next bill comes it was 40 over to called they took away my free nights and weekends with new contract after they told me every thing would stay the same called they put my free nights and weekends back on and credited me for a wopping $12 you got to watch them.

sounds familiar. glad Im not the only one. Im out as soon ans my contract is up. ;)

Hope you find a phone you like Brian. :)

99Slobra
10-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Oh have you considered the Iphone at all?

ibstrokin
10-01-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm with AT&T, I have no complaints about the company, my plan or the service, just my phone. I also have a data plan, so I get no overages for data, and rollover minutes, so my bill doesn't change.

ibstrokin
10-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Oh have you considered the Iphone at all?

I have, but they're like $400, I can get refurb moto q for $80, I can't justify the cost difference, That's a set of cometics and pushrods:bigthumb

PonymanfiveO
10-01-2008, 10:35 PM
...That's a set of cometics and pushrods:bigthumb

what are pushrods? :confused:

:lol:

ibstrokin
10-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Pushrods are those things that you have in the only car you are enjoying right now, Doh.

More specifically, my next pushrods will be Smith Brothers .116 wall 5/16", pretty trick for 5/16".

PonymanfiveO
10-01-2008, 10:43 PM
DOH! :eek:

OWNED!

:bigthumb

Holly
10-02-2008, 09:07 AM
I just got a new Sprint Rumor. I hate it. It's going back. I already stopped and talked to Mike, he ordered me a new one, similar to my old Katana DLX , but the newer version. I'll be glad when it's in, I am not liking this Rumor at all.

Sharad
10-02-2008, 09:25 AM
I have, but they're like $400, I can get refurb moto q for $80, I can't justify the cost difference, That's a set of cometics and pushrods:bigthumb

iphone 3G is 199 now. Nice phone but it won't MMS text, which sucks.

blackberries are not 3G capable, but supposedly the new blackberry (bold) is. It's not out yet.

blackjack II gets good reviews. Think I'm gonna buy one next week. $40 at walmart. I too had the blackjack I and thought it had bad reception, but everyone says the new one is better. There are seriously like 300+ reviews on att.com and they're pretty much all positive. Only think I don't like about it is it doesn't do wi-fi like the iphone.

2-8-1
10-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Nokia E71.WIFI, MMS, PDA, etc etc etc.

Will probably be the next phone I get after I get rid of my Samsung SGH-U600.

99Slobra
10-02-2008, 10:48 AM

199 and 299 and please don't buy a refurb...

95redstang
10-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Honestly the difference between the 2 phones is HUGE.

You've got 30 days to return if you're not impressed ya know.

The Centro is a nice phone but its got the tiniest buttons...

Yeah my buttons are real small on my centro. I have really big hands and that makes it worse. You can get an iphone for under $200..

Goober
10-02-2008, 05:43 PM
I run an old school Samsung Pocket PC (SCH-i730). It might just be that model. I can and have gotten GREAT reception with every Samsung I have owned.

SMOKE
10-02-2008, 06:30 PM
My wife and I both have I-phones, it is THE BEST phone I have ever had, and I have had a lot of em! ;)

Sharad
10-02-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm getting iffy now, thinking about waiting for the Blackberry Bold.

ibstrokin
10-02-2008, 11:49 PM
I found out I'm not due for a contract renewal until feb., I don't think my patience will last that long. I may check ebay for something to get me through, my blackjack just keeps getting more quirks. I now can't surf the net, which makes it pointless to pay $20 a month for a data plan.

But please keep posting likes/dislikes to help me figure it out.

Sharad
10-03-2008, 09:52 AM
you can add a line for $9.95 a month and disconnect the extra line in Feb?

99Slobra
10-03-2008, 10:18 AM
you can add a line for $9.95 a month and disconnect the extra line in Feb?

Those are usually 2 different dates.

If you want a BlackJackII or anything but the Iphone I'll bump up your eligibility date to whenever you want.

The Bold is...sigh. It was supposed to be released in August, then end of Sept, Then Oct 2nd. Now who knows...

jester
10-03-2008, 10:54 AM
I LOVE my new Blackberry Pearl from The Nati Bell! Got all my email accounts and IM's on it. I also have the WIFI service from Bell that allows my phone to work on ANY WIFI connection for FREE. Works great! When I pull down my driveway, my phone registers itself on my WIFI Zoomtown and my calls are free. Really nice cause the regular service is iffy inside my house.

ibstrokin
10-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Those are usually 2 different dates.

If you want a BlackJackII or anything but the Iphone I'll bump up your eligibility date to whenever you want.

The Bold is...sigh. It was supposed to be released in August, then end of Sept, Then Oct 2nd. Now who knows...

If you can bump my eligibility that would be great. I'll pm you my #.

ibstrokin
10-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Brad (poncho2001) and I went to see Matt (99slobra) today and he got us hooked up with new blackjack 2's, they work considerably better than our blackjack 1's so far. I only have 2 bars of service at the house, but that's more than I used to have. Thanks again Matt.

poncho2001
10-06-2008, 11:05 PM
I got my Blackjack phone all setup now and it is way better than the first one. Thanks goes out to Matt and to you Brian for the heads up.

99Slobra
10-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Not a prob guys. Glad you like them.

Brian I'll put in a trouble ticket for your address and they'll send a tech out and see if its just an adjustment in the tower that needs to be played with. No guarantee's but its worth a shot.

5.0calypso93lx
10-07-2008, 09:45 AM
I've had the Samsung Instinct since the day it came out, and I've yet to have a problem with it. I like how wide the Iphone is compared to the Instinct for internet viewing, but the navigation feature on the instinct destroys the Iphone. I can be anywhere in cincy, and go into the navigation and ask where the cheapest gas prices are in a radius of where I am and it will give me a whole listing of gas stations and their gas prices.

99Slobra
10-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Google maps does that. The company that makes Telenav for us is making an application for the Iphone that's just like turn by turn for every other phone.

Rick93coupe
10-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Not a prob guys. Glad you like them.

Brian I'll put in a trouble ticket for your address and they'll send a tech out and see if its just an adjustment in the tower that needs to be played with. No guarantee's but its worth a shot.

Could you send them out to 3502 Germantown st in Dayton? Its a dead zone out there and I spent the entire day with little to no signal. Its not my address, but that whole area is terrible for reception.

On a different note, If you don't mind, I may come out your way and see what kind of phones you can get me into also. I'm an AT&T employee too.

Sharad
10-07-2008, 06:22 PM
I want a BB Bold but there's still no ETA!!! :(

99Slobra
10-07-2008, 07:29 PM
I want a BB Bold but there's still no ETA!!! :(

I've played with one...They are very nice.

99Slobra
10-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Could you send them out to 3502 Germantown st in Dayton? Its a dead zone out there and I spent the entire day with little to no signal. Its not my address, but that whole area is terrible for reception.

On a different note, If you don't mind, I may come out your way and see what kind of phones you can get me into also. I'm an AT&T employee too.

Ok. I'll put in a Trouble ticket for that location. at&t is dumping 850 million into Ohio and Western PA's network this year for upgrades.

Yeah lemme know when and we can work something out.

Sharad
10-07-2008, 09:06 PM
I've played with one...They are very nice.

I just hope they don't trash the Bold to bring out the Storm or whatever they're calling that touchscreen BB. I want a true QWERTY BB keyboard!

95redstang
10-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Ok. I'll put in a Trouble ticket for that location. at&t is dumping 850 million into Ohio and Western PA's network this year for upgrades.

Yeah lemme know when and we can work something out.

Yeah they need to come out to Fairfield as well. I have a tower 5 minutes from my house over in Forest Park. My receprtion is shit near my house..