Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Your Thoughts the Bengals Signing Cedric Benson? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Your Thoughts the Bengals Signing Cedric Benson?

BigBadStang
10-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Yet another guy signed to The Cincinnati Bengals squad with past legal problems/arrests!

I read an article a few years ago about Mike Brown being a self proclaimed "redeemer" to troubled players :lol:!
How's that working for ya Mikey Boy? :lol: :lol:
who knows...maybe Cedric has cleaned his act up, and can produce for the Bengals.

02mingryGT
10-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Yet another guy signed to The Cincinnati Bengals squad with past legal problems/arrests!

I read an article a few years ago about Mike Brown being a self proclaimed "redeemer" to troubled players :lol:!
How's that working for ya Mikey Boy? :lol: :lol:
who knows...maybe Cedric has cleaned his act up, and can produce for the Bengals.

Regardless of his past current or future conduct I don't understand why the Bengals feel they need a running back. Offensive lineman would be nice.

NaomiDstangLvr
10-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Well Perry fumbles once a game and Watson is hurt. If Benson can keep the bottle out of his hand, he'll make a great addition.

93 coupe
10-01-2008, 03:54 PM
They did say that he was cleared of all charges and was never convicted.

NaomiDstangLvr
10-01-2008, 04:13 PM
They did say that he was cleared of all charges and was never convicted.

He got a dui for boating and resisting arrest. But yeah, he had charges cleared earlier this year I think.

stroked4eyes
10-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Unless he is going to be the owner or coach I don't think he will help!

04 Venom
10-01-2008, 05:05 PM
What's wrong with getting Chris Henry a cell mate?

1992MustangDW
10-01-2008, 05:10 PM
I think the whole team needs a makeover and clear alot of people out and bring new in. we do need a good running back, im not even to fond of the recievers, or the offenses line.

They need alot of help

untamed
10-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Just another member to join in on the chain gang.

02mingryGT
10-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Just another member to join in on the chain gang.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/arrests.html?appSession=999121710961496&RecordID=&PageID=2&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPISortType=desc&CPIorderBy=Team

Current list from 2000-to present of NFL arrests.

In reality, any player can join any team in the NFL and join the chain gang.

smytty
10-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Doesnt matter if he's in trouble or not, he's sucked since he stepped foot in the NFL he will fit well with the Bungles

COOP
10-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Regardless of his past current or future conduct I don't understand why the Bengals feel they need a running back. Offensive lineman would be nice.

They were filling a glaring need. They started with 3 hb's. Chris Perry, Kenny Watson, and Dede Dorsey

Watson has been out for a few weeks with a hamstring issue. DeDe Dorsey left the game Sunday with a season ending injury. That leaves them with only Chris Perry active and James Johnson on the practice squad. Johnson was an undrafted college free agent and no where near ready to step up as a potential starter.

Perry rushed for just 28 yards against the Browns and has fumbled once in every game this season. And to top it all off, Perry strained his hamstring this week in practice and has been limited. So Benson was a much needed pick-up.

Personally, I think its a great pick up. Perry has been terrible this year, and ditching Rudi without signing a replacement was a bad move. Despite his off field issues, Benson was supposedly the best RB that showed up to their 'audition' on Tuesday and he is still young (unlike Alexander) and Im sure he was cheap. Again, unlike Alexander.

This team is terrible, and they have a TON of work to do to get back to being a moderately competitive team. If they are going to try to be competitive, Benson should be a good fit. I hope this year is his break out year.

smytty
10-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Benson hasnt been decent since his pre Nfl days....
Also the Bengals havnt had a competitive team in 20 yrs... Why start now :lol:

NaomiDstangLvr
10-03-2008, 01:55 PM
20 years?!? 2005 was a good year...if it wasn't for the dirty shot they got from the Stoolers they would have gone further...

Mustard
10-03-2008, 03:17 PM
What's wrong with getting Chris Henry a cell mate?

Now there is a guy with some jokes! Look, the Bengals are not going to fix there problems by bringing on one guy. The team needs a shake down in a big way. Marvin Lewis is teh one that is supposed ot have his team ready to play in teh fall here we are going into week 5 and they have only really shown up for one game. On that I belive the Giants really r off there game and thats why Cinci looked good against them at all.

Mustard
10-03-2008, 03:19 PM
20 years?!? 2005 was a good year...if it wasn't for the dirty shot they got from the Stoolers they would have gone further...

Wow, you guys really need to let that go. It's footbal, people get hurt all the time.

COOP
10-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Now there is a guy with some jokes! Look, the Bengals are not going to fix there problems by bringing on one guy. The team needs a shake down in a big way. Marvin Lewis is teh one that is supposed ot have his team ready to play in teh fall here we are going into week 5 and they have only really shown up for one game. On that I belive the Giants really r off there game and thats why Cinci looked good against them at all.

Look, we all know that currently the Bengals are worse than your spelling and grammar skills. I don't think the Bengals, nor anyone else, honestly thinks that bringing in Benson is going to turn the team around. All he is doing is filling an IMMEDIATE need. Much like the stoolers picking Davenport back up with Willie and Mendenhall out.

smytty
10-06-2008, 09:55 AM
20 years?!? 2005 was a good year...if it wasn't for the dirty shot they got from the Stoolers they would have gone further...Good yr lol, you mean lucky yr..