Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
At my wits end!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : At my wits end!!

Stangman
09-30-2008, 09:30 PM
I seriously thought it couldnt get this bad. Now I know the meaning of the "200,000-mile blues".

My black car literally needs EVERYTHING to the point even my paychecks probably couldnt keep up with it!! It is highly pissing me off!!

No matter what I do to it, it always finds a way to fall apart again!:mad:

The darn thing needs header gaskets, clutch/flywheel/cable, 2nd gear shift fork, coolant flush (BADLY!), A/C compressor (Again!), the rear control arms greases every 3-5k it seems, front brakes/rotors, headlight adjusters that DON'T suck, front control arm bolts tightened ONCE AND FOR ALL, power seat motors, front bumper painted and installed, and another damn oil change soon (which I dont mind but they come very often lately)

I try to get parts for it when I can, but I can't seem to find time to even work on the thing. I can't afford down-time on that car being my daily, so I try to find a cheap car... I get on craigslist... buncha junk, then I find an '86 Merkur Xr4ti... I think "ooh badass, and its cheap. I can drive that thing everyday and I bet it gets decent mileage"...

Well that Idea got shot to shit... as usual in my case I am a day late and a dollar short. Someone from Hamilton already swooped down on it last night and gave the fella a down payment on the car and is coming to get it thursday.... SHIT! I can't even buy a damn car!!!:mad:

My only hope is that the person can't come up with the cash on time, because I have 2nd dibs on it... If I can come up with a nice cheap reliable daily that can even get me thru winter... then I can FINALLY save some money on insurance and gas enough to pay people for parts, and then have money left over to FIX the rolling black pile and maybe another car or two i have laying around... but no.

If you are reading this and I am to be buying parts off of you and I keep putting you off... that damn black car is to blame!

... And of course, as history has taught me, I talk bad about my black car and it leaves me stranded on the side of the road next chance it gets...

We need a fuckin smiley that rips the hair out of its head.:bangwall:

I need a good fucking drink.

Mista Bone
09-30-2008, 10:26 PM
/me pours Jesse two fingers of Crown on the rocks........

Lt. Dangle
10-01-2008, 02:11 AM
Damn Jesse, sounds like you're having a time...

Sounds like my car, but we wont even get into that.

Yournext daily driver better have a damn H-badge on it.

USMCPONY
10-01-2008, 02:53 AM
To be honest thats how it usually goes with older cars (most of the time). That is the reason why I gave up on my fox bodies. I had a 1992 Gt hatchback with 18K miles on it that I sold last year. It even had problems, I replaced the throw out bearing and 50% of the electrical wires needed replaced 3 times. I spend more than I should of with them cars and it turned me completely against fixing them up anymore.

leroy93lx
10-01-2008, 05:27 AM
Spend less on project cars and more on the car that takes your ass to work everyday man! Priorities Priorities Priorities!! That was my fatherly speech of the day, hopefully it was motivational. I use to get that speech from my dad a few years ago. ALOT!!

Stangman
10-01-2008, 08:04 AM
Well, This morning was a COLD and SLOW drive to work!!! :mad:

Just like I said, The black car would let me down, and sure as shit it did!! I get in and start it up... and I go to turn on the headlights and thats all I got! No interior lights, no corner lights and no taillights!!! I forgot to mention that this thing has a short somewhere in the headlight switch harness! I can take it apart and simply touch it and it starts working again.... a few weeks to a few months later it goes retarded again. I obviously didn't have time to mess with it this morning so I had to hop into the '77 and take it to work.

DAMN PIECE OF SHIT!!!

I am a hair away from putting a down payment on a new fucking car if this is what it takes to have TROUBLE FREE driving!!!

GGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!

facemelter71
10-01-2008, 08:18 AM
I had to leave my daily 89 coupe out in oxford on a sunday night because i couldnt figure out why it wouldnt stay running after i put a new typhoon upper and lower on it.I missed one of the intake plugs.But i had to get to work the next morning,or at least in the next 4 hours.Im on the lookout for a honda or a saturn for my next daily beater.You should be lookin for the same.How much you lookin to spend.

Stangman
10-01-2008, 08:29 AM
$800

I am still 2nd in line at that XR4Ti if the buyer doesnt come thru... and that S-10 if they decide not to trade it. But I'd rather have a car.

facemelter71
10-01-2008, 08:32 AM
What year s10.Does it have the ecotech in it? If not the only S10 id buy is the 4.3L
Never mind.I think i found it.Its white.

Stangman
10-01-2008, 08:37 AM
No, its not on craigslist. I know someone who has it. It is a '92 with a 2.5 5-speed. Reg cab short bed, no options. not even power steering.

facemelter71
10-01-2008, 08:40 AM
I think you would be happier with a truck.Besides,what are you going to haul all you new parts in for you mustang.

Stangman
10-01-2008, 09:43 AM
That's if I can even get the truck. Which I doubt.

I really really want that Merkur though. I'd rather have a few more seats and prolly better heat. and It's technically a ford...

rogers
10-01-2008, 10:45 AM
damn dude i feel for ya i went through that type of senerio a few years back

Stangman
10-01-2008, 10:51 AM
It's killing me man, It is just all going south at once!!

I mean, I love the car still and don't want to get rid of it but somtimes I wanna beat it with a hammer instead

12seclx
10-01-2008, 12:34 PM
It's killing me man, It is just all going south at once!!

I mean, I love the car still and don't want to get rid of it but somtimes I wanna beat it with a hammer instead

:lol::lol::D:D:lol::)

rpppaprp
10-01-2008, 06:04 PM
I still have the capri.

R825OH
10-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Bummer Jesse hope it comes around for ya! I'm having a drink for ya right now though!

firestang70
10-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Jesse why don't you sell off a dozen of your project cars and work on one project and have one beater? Just a thought.

Stangman
10-02-2008, 08:30 AM
I still have the capri.

That talk isn't going soo well with dad...

Jesse why don't you sell off a dozen of your project cars and work on one project and have one beater? Just a thought.

because... because...... I am attached to them...

mustangboy
10-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Better to have one reliable fun car than half a dozen that nickel and dime you to death.

Stangman
10-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Better to have one reliable fun car than half a dozen that nickel and dime you to death.

The project cars don't nickel and dime me to death because they don't run... I get to choose when to buy parts for them :lol:

As soon as I get a DD, the insurance is coming off the GT and I am going to start fixing it. That car got me everywhere, I need to take care of it and make it nice again.

I've got a good buddy of mine who is going to let me store my '77 Mustang II in his garage in Norwood for the winter so I wont have to worry about that poor car rusting out more this winter, Thanks Chris!

So that means I can park the GT in its place and make room for my new daily... whatever it will be.

Walter
10-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Dude, get rid of the 4 cars you have in your sig and get something you dont have to work on all time.

Stangman
10-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Is there a such thing? :lol:

Yknot
10-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Maybe, just maybe, you should limit yourself to one car. That way instead of having 4 cars that look and run like shit, you will have one that works and doesn't look to bad. It's just a thought.

HARCracing
10-25-2008, 09:44 PM
because... because...... I am attached to them...

Jesse...Cut the cord and let them (at least a couple) go. I know parting is such sweet sorrow but you will rise again and have a nice ride too:cool1:

Goober
10-25-2008, 09:48 PM
If you sell a couple of the "projects". you can afford to

a) Fix one
2) Buy a better daily

Stangman
10-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Well.. I WILL NOT under any circumstance get rid of my '77 Mustang II, it was my grandmothers car, and my first car. I can't get rid of the black car because it is my daily.

I choose not to get rid of the red car... mainly because it would be such a bitch getting it to leave (On jackstands right now) and I have MOST of the parts to build it.

And the coupe, I got it for free. I can't get rid of a free 4-eyed notch.

If I don't sell the S-10 and buy the Lincoln, then it will be put to daily duty, and I won't have to worry about my cars. So all will be good. And If I do sell it, then I will have a Big Powerful Comfy Lincoln to drive to work everyday.

Goober
10-26-2008, 11:57 AM
I agree with not selling the 77 and 94. The 4 eyes notch, well, thats just pure profit from a sale. And the red car, while it would be harder to move, looks to be a future money pit.

This is just me, looking in from the outside.

Stangman
10-26-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm not going to sell any of them. If I were to sell the coupe I would get lowballed to hell and back and it is not worth the hassle. The red car, I have most of the parts to complete it, and I'm not really in a hurry to complete it. Don't get me wrong I'd like it to be done, but if it's not done soon... It doesn't bother me. The yellow car is in storage so there is no rush.

DeckerEnt
10-26-2008, 07:14 PM
You have all winter to get the red car together. Maybe I will make the treck up and lend a hand sometime this winter. It is my slow time of the year. We could test the electric system with my space heaters.
Keith