Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
when does it become a project car [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : when does it become a project car

rogers
09-29-2008, 11:14 PM
i have been sitting here now for few days and the research and pro's and cons are all but through for now as i wait on the friendly ups man to deliver my new parts for my daily (or weekend driver at that) and for the most part i bought my car brand new and like most i started modding it as soon as i got it seems people like us can't even buy a new car with out changing something on it right away doesn't matter what car it is we do something to it. performance airfilter for the wife's new (civic, suv, grocery getter....), synthetic oil ( because it will make it last longer...) maybe a better flowing exuast system (because we want to improve the air flow ya know (for increased gas milage...) whatever the point is as automotive enthusist we modify our vehicles (i scored some s2000 wheels just yesterday for my wife's new civic and she don't even know yet, and i did it cause they'll look cool and will handle better than the stockers she has... yeah right i did it cause i can't seem to leave well enough alone and of course the look cool :lol:)

either way at what point in time can you start to consider your stang is or has become a project car. there's lots of things i plan on changing some i don't care to discuss yet and other's i am willing to share some things are going to take time and require that i am in no need of using it for transportation for a awhile.

as for now my stang has a k&n, ported intake, steeda triax, flowmasters, and a driveshaft safety loop, and full synthetics.

and by the end of the week a new spec clutch, 4.10's, dr gas offroad x-pipe, bbk underdrives and o2 mils

i'm thinking of starting a build thread but i'm not for sure if thats appropriate yet or not, cause i'm just modifing the car because it makes it better of course...:lol:

:popcorn:

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Like the sticker i saw in someone's window.... "Nev-R-Done". Mine's been a project since day 1, i just don't have a lot of progress to post about :lol:

DeckerEnt
09-29-2008, 11:28 PM
If it is a coupe, as soon as it hits the jack stands!!! LOL. Actually, every car is a project. There are always plans in the works, dreams, frustrations, busted knuckles, you know all that makes us, well, us! Car guys.
We are a little different breed than the average male out there. We all want to take something and mold it into something better, stronger, faster. I don't know how to explain it but I know it and people who don't never will.
Keith

Lt. Dangle
09-30-2008, 05:29 AM
I consider something a project car, If It fits 5 or more of these 10 conditions:

1. It sees more time on jackstands/ apart than it does on the road.
2. It has seen more than 10 new "performance/"upgrade" parts in one calendar year
3. Your children think it's interior a playpen.
4. It has something "semi-permanently" sitting on top of it.
5. You have a jegs/summit catalog, with more than 10 items circled in it pertaining to that vehicle in your bathroom.
6. People come to your house, and say "you still have that thing".
7. People come to your house and say "what are you doing to it this week"
8. There is something blocking the car from exiting the garage, or it's resting place otherwise
9. You are making a thread on stangbangerz, whether or not your car should be considered a project.
10. You have invested more in the car with parts, than it's original purchase price.

These are in no particular order, and I was in quite a smartass mood when I wrote this. LOL

:lol:

DeckerEnt
09-30-2008, 07:43 AM
All but #3 here. LOL
Keith

Stangman
09-30-2008, 09:07 AM
I consider something a project car, If It fits 5 or more of these 10 conditions:

1. It sees more time on jackstands/ apart than it does on the road.
2. It has seen more than 10 new "performance/"upgrade" parts in one calendar year
3. Your children think it's interior a playpen.
4. It has something "semi-permanently" sitting on top of it.
5. You have a jegs/summit catalog, with more than 10 items circled in it pertaining to that vehicle in your bathroom.
6. People come to your house, and say "you still have that thing".
7. People come to your house and say "what are you doing to it this week"
8. There is something blocking the car from exiting the garage, or it's resting place otherwise
9. You are making a thread on stangbangerz, whether or not your car should be considered a project.
10. You have invested more in the car with parts, than it's original purchase price.

These are in no particular order, and I was in quite a smartass mood when I wrote this. LOL

:lol:

All but #3 as well!!

My '88 has been on jackstands since October of LAST year! I've owned it longer than that and have been tearing it apart but for official jackstand time... a freakin year!

rogers
09-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Like the sticker i saw in someone's window.... "Nev-R-Done". Mine's been a project since day 1, i just don't have a lot of progress to post about :lol:

let me start by saying i love the front on the coupe thats always been my favorite front end

i have always dreamed of owning a "BRAND NEW" mustang gt and was trying to get a 05 gt model when we bought my 04 gt at the price i couldn't beat it and i knew i would modify it as soon as i got it but between payments and family it isn't always easy to justify the money spent when i put my responsibilities first. after driving smyttys 04 cobra i knew that i wouldn't be happy until mine performed like his. i may be getting my old fairmont back too and the wife prefered i would just play with the one i got, yet everytime we see a nice fox she brings up the fact how much she likes them... i know alot of guys buy and drive theirs everyday and still modify it. a new engine is in the works and after seeing the TT thread i'm making a list for my own car now.. plan your work and work your plan. here's to future modifications!!!

:cheers:

oh yeah by the way i got a code for american muscle for 5% off your order if anyone would need it i got it from a club here in houston

Stangman
09-30-2008, 10:56 AM
oh yeah by the way i got a code for american muscle for 5% off your order if anyone would need it i got it from a club here in houston

Hmm.... 10.5 inch wide bullitts.... :drool:

ADaughen
09-30-2008, 10:56 AM
All but #3 here. LOL
Keith

Same here. :(

rogers
09-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Hmm.... 10.5 inch wide bullitts.... :drool:

my mom is already putting them under the christmas tree for me :lol:

Stangman
09-30-2008, 01:29 PM
awesome! :bigthumb

92coupe
10-01-2008, 07:03 PM

That would be mine. :D

I just sold the heads and intake off my 331 today, Back to the drawing board!

rogers
10-05-2008, 08:48 PM
well i'm going to do a thread eventually but for now the clutch is in still need to do the pulleys and gears tomorrow family is coming home from ohio tomorrow too so i gotta bust ass on it the pedal feels way better now but does anyone know if i have to reset the adjustment on a stock clutch cable i thought they are self adjusting????:confused: anyways the dr x sounds sweet with the flowmasters i can't wait to drive my car again now :bigthumb

rogers
09-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Holy old thread revival... once I get some pics together ill start a proper thread! A sneek peek goes something like this 5.4 4v, supercharged!!! Cars sitting on chrome 18x10.5's wrapped in nitto extreme 555's drag radials 335/35's in the rear and 18x9's wrapped in toyo 265/35's in the front =) looks sick!!! Engine still being assymbled... hope to finish it by years end I still need a few odds and ends but its coming together. Have to finsh brakes and suspension first ;) never the less its coming together!!!

DeckerEnt
09-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Good to hear from you!!! Well, it is definitely a project now. LOL!!! Get some pics up!!!

rogers
09-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Good to hear from you!!! Well, it is definitely a project now. LOL!!! Get some pics up!!!

Thanks! I will I've been hella busy and won't even go into details... I don't wanna guess at numbers ill let the dyno and drivers seat do the talking but it should be sick!!! We got another show here in nov' so I'm hoping to pick up my final odds and ends there. If weather holds out through till Friday ill shine her up and take a few shots. I don't know how to upload pics from my g1 to here but ill see what happens. :)

cobra429boss
09-29-2009, 10:24 PM
You know what i was always told by my grandpa, Boy if you buy a mustang better find you some nice jack stands

chadomac
09-29-2009, 10:27 PM
It Becomes a project car the second you open the door

rogers
09-30-2009, 08:18 AM
You know what i was always told by my grandpa, Boy if you buy a mustang better find you some nice jack stands

I got four really nice ones and I try to keep it off them, I work part time at a firestone on the weekends running the errands for them and turning wrenches when need be. My stang sees a lift about every other week and the civic once a month. We get everything at wholesale or cost. Its really kinda worth it just for that. Either way yeah my stang sees quite a bit of air time now! Lol!

thecollector
09-30-2009, 12:36 PM
well i'm going to do a thread eventually but for now the clutch is in still need to do the pulleys and gears tomorrow family is coming home from ohio tomorrow too so i gotta bust ass on it the pedal feels way better now but does anyone know if i have to reset the adjustment on a stock clutch cable i thought they are self adjusting????:confused: anyways the dr x sounds sweet with the flowmasters i can't wait to drive my car again now :bigthumb

Push the clutch pedal down with your foot. then place your foot underneath it and pull the pedal up towards the dashboard.

rogers
09-30-2009, 05:48 PM
alrighty here's a few pics of how she looks right now

DeckerEnt
09-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Looking Good!!!!!

rogers
10-01-2009, 08:41 PM
I pick up my longblock two weeks from tomorrow!!! I gotta redo the front cover and paint blower, valve covers, and blower. Ill get more more pics and start a thread for my build I guess stay tuned its going to be sick!

rogers
10-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Ill try and put up some teaser pics this weekend :)

rogers
10-04-2009, 07:23 PM
I blew the seals on my steering rack so I bought and installed a 01 cobra rack and got an alignment today while I was at work... ahhh so much better almost like buying a new car all over again... less than two weeks till my new engine gets here