Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
POLL: Rule change for running of the DOZEN? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Rule change for running of the DOZEN?

Silver Bullet
09-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Here is a suggestion of mine.

As it stands now, you break your off the DD list. I was thinking, Since we run the DD at the end of the year and there is no "Fix" time if you break that we might want to do the following. If you Break while running of the DD, That your quickest time stands. This would only apply at the end of the year. If you beat someones time, you can bump them. This would motivate someone who is at the top of the list to bring their cars to the track and run them ALL OUT! Right now if you have a top spot you might be not want to run your car all out and take the chance on breaking and being taken off the list. This would benefit everone. You would see more competive racing, people going all out, and some interesting breakage! LOL

Any suggestions or opinions?

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Seems more logical to run DD races in the spring after everyone has built up over the winter.

Jeff88coupe
09-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Seems more logical to run DD races in the spring after everyone has built up over the winter.

Not everyone gets their stuff together by spring...or summer:lol: I worked hard to have mine out by June this year.

I agree with you Terry...makes sense to me. Would let everyone on the DD or trying to make it run hard without the fear of breaking an being off the DD list. So Terry...how much more you gonna turn the wick up:D

JIMS SVT
09-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Sounds like a suggestion for next years rules.

Silver Bullet
09-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Not everyone gets their stuff together by spring...or summer:lol: I worked hard to have mine out by June this year.

I agree with you Terry...makes sense to me. Would let everyone on the DD or trying to make it run hard without the fear of breaking an being off the DD list. So Terry...how much more you gonna turn the wick up:D

I will turn it up a lot more!:eek:

I think it would be fine to do it this year, what do we have to lose?

untamed
09-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Great idea Terry.

KenB
09-28-2008, 07:12 PM
I think it's a bad rule honestly. Will give the advantage to people who don't care about their stuff. Turn it up till it blows.

Silver Bullet
09-28-2008, 07:21 PM
I think it's a bad rule honestly. Will give the advantage to people who don't care about their stuff. Turn it up till it blows.

If anyone has spent enought time to go 10's, 9's, or 8's... it is a lot of money.... I think everyone who does that cares. IMO:rolleyes:

kennebellcobra
09-28-2008, 07:25 PM
I think it's a great idea Terry.

If you break early in the year you have time to fix it...you break at the DD shootout you are out so I think it would let you really turn it up without that worry of being off the list.

The only problem I see is it might make everyone wait till the shootouts to run "one hit wonders"

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-28-2008, 07:25 PM

Yeah i guess you're right...i was just thinking more along the lines of this years project carrying over to next year's race.

kennebellcobra
09-28-2008, 07:34 PM

Never looked at it that way might let someone take a explorer motor put a 300 shot on it get one good pass... blow it up and make the list.

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Never looked at it that way might let someone take a explorer motor put a 300 shot on it get one good pass... blow it up and make the list.

Damn that's a good idea.... :rolleyes:

:D

Silver Bullet
09-28-2008, 07:44 PM

Just call it an exploder motor! :lol:

beefcake
09-28-2008, 07:58 PM
I think it's a great idea Terry.

If you break early in the year you have time to fix it...you break at the DD shootout you are out so I think it would let you really turn it up without that worry of being off the list.

The only problem I see is it might make everyone wait till the shootouts to run "one hit wonders"

it seems like there are a lot of guys that wait til the end of the year to run anyway as to avoid running all year and breaking stuff,

the only thing i see is that tracks are still open after the running of the dozen, so there are still opportunities to get on or break,

so, if someone breaks at the dd run they are good, but if someone breaks the week after, they are off, that is the only thing that would seem unfair

MFIELD
09-28-2008, 08:24 PM
What about guys that run all year all out in the heat and have a misfortunate failure near the end of the year and dont have the funds to fix because they raced all year and spent there money. I was on the dozen since March untill last weekend, going all out as always. Just a thinking out loud because it happened to me.

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-28-2008, 08:27 PM
I think you guys should set a date at the end of the season, and it's be there or be square. If you run all year and break then you're out, and everyone has to play it smart.

beefcake
09-28-2008, 08:34 PM
I think you guys should set a date at the end of the season, and it's be there or be square. If you run all year and break then you're out, and everyone has to play it smart.

not really fair to those who can't make that day that have run all year either

it's for fun, but was never an original requirement

Sharad
09-28-2008, 08:49 PM
yeah, I haven't really looked at the rules closely enough to see when the competition ends for this year. I was on the list for a while then got knocked off. I know I'll make at least one pass fast enough to get back on the list, but right now it's looking like it'll be mid october down here in Ky. Would that still qualify for 2008 DD?

RyanR
09-28-2008, 08:53 PM

Why would someone plan there racing season around a list on a forum?

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-28-2008, 09:11 PM
I dunno? How important is it that you make the list? Which is more important, racing all year and maybe breaking something or making the list?

What are the rules? Must be a street car? If you're on the bleeding edge of reliability or so close to it that you can't run all year without breaking something then you just miss out? Really, like you're saying it's just for fun anyways?

I think the break it rule should stand. It sucks if you break something, but if you're going to stick with the running everyone together thing as the way of deciding who's the fastest, then you have to be there right? It's just for fun, so if you break something there's always next year. It's not meant to be "fair for everyone", it's not a fair or unfair thing. Is it?

MFIELD
09-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Pretty important, I havent been fast enough the last couple years and worked my ass off so I could be. But I have also ran UMTR all year and am in the top 10 in points, would be in top 5 if I didnt miss 2 races, but thats my problem. Both have been something I worked for all year. I could have just kept my car in the garage and waited it out but thats not fun. The pass my car broke would have been its fastest ever. Hell I guess I'll just put together a bomb and hope I dont take anyone else out with me.

Kwik92GT
09-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Personally I think the break rule just sucks .... PERIOD. Guys worrying about one hit wonders and all that BS. :rolleyes: If you ran a number once, or if you ran it 150 times, you still ran the number.

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-28-2008, 09:35 PM
For the record i'm not trying to start crap...just trying to give opinions and ideas as an outsider since like i said i'll never be fast enough to be on it anyways.

Consider a guy like me who doesn't have the cash, yet works and busts his ass all year working on his car anyways, finally cracks 12s and is still TWO FULL SECONDS slower than the slowest car on the list. THAT sucks, at least some people have a fighting chance.

Kwik92GT
09-28-2008, 09:48 PM
I've got as much respect for the guy running 12s as I do anyone else. At least they are out there running their shit and having fun. I just think a break rule is for nancies. A car breaking has nothing to do with whether it's a REAL street car or not. A brand new car off the lot can break, does that make it less of a street car? Not in my mind. MFIELD is a perfect example of why the rule needs to go. If you're counting on someone breaking to make the list how proud can you really be to be on it?

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-28-2008, 09:57 PM
I've got as much respect for the guy running 12s as I do anyone else. At least they are out there running their shit and having fun. I just think a break rule is for nancies. A car breaking has nothing to do with whether it's a REAL street car or not. A brand new car off the lot can break, does that make it less of a street car? Not in my mind. MFIELD is a perfect example of why the rule needs to go. If you're counting on someone breaking to make the list how proud can you really be to be on it?

I agree...but i also like the idea of everyone being there for a showdown. I think the only way to make this legit is to provide video of the pass in question if you can't make it to the DD race at the end of the year. But, like mentioned earlier this does open the door for junkyard nitrous terrors that might only last for one race, post up a good number and then knock off someone who's been busting their ass all year and backing up their numbers. But, maybe that's a good thing, maybe it'll give more competition.

MFIELD
09-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Absolutly, I went back and looked at the first dozen page and it was March 2 when I ran first this year and it was an 11.30, I did break a trans and was removed from the list. I fixed it and backed it up and moved on from there working all year to go as fast as I can, all the way down to an 10.60 that I didnt even update because it was only .03 faster than the last. I not trying to be a dick either but you can ask anyone thats watched me race its all out every time. I know there are some fast cars being finished up and would have moved me down the list but I think if my time would have still been legit I should still be there.

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-28-2008, 10:04 PM
I think we need a "WWVD" clause in this whole thing.

"What would Vinny do"?

MFIELD
09-28-2008, 10:04 PM
All this is just pushing me harder to do whatever I have to do to get something back in my car.

cobrajoe
09-28-2008, 10:15 PM
I think the DD List should be a precursor to the DD Shoot-Out. And I think that now that there is a WW DD they should have there's and you guys should have yours. With the bragging rights, stickers, and ETC. to be the sole domain of those that show-up and participate in the DD Shoot-Out and the WW DD Shoot-Out. JMO. I'm not fast enough for the DD anywho's I would be willing to make some sorta fancy Certificates for both the DD List. Like a Spring DD list and a Fall DD list and a Shoot-Out Final.

IWRBB
09-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Kwik92, how many new cars do you think will break from simply accelerating in a straight line? I'd say about 0%.

I like the "break it" rule. It rewards those who built a car that is truly reliable, like you want a steet car to be. A fast street car shouldn't be breaking parts, especially major drivetrain parts. IMO, you should be able to drive it to the track, air down the tires, crack off the number, air the tires back up and drive it home with the A/C on and the stereo thumpin. Of course I'm biased, since that's exactly what I do. Oh yea, you should be able to run full-on 1/4 mile pass and stop your car too. ;)

If your engine blew up, come back with one that won't blow, run those times, then drive it home- that's way more impressive to me than "look at my new best time, and oh yea, my blown up engine". I could easily turn up the boost to 21 PSI on my car and run faster, but it will likely blow the hell up after a year or two. It's realiable where it's at, it's had over 50 passes at 15 PSI and many thousands of hard miles.

I don't run my car 50 times a year because I don't have the time. I don't run it every summer weekend because I think sitting in the staging lanes at the track sucks when it 95 degrees out. I take it to the track when I can, but otherwise I drive it around on the streets the majority of the time.

Maximus
09-28-2008, 11:21 PM
So wheres the poll? Ya jackass!!:lol::flipoff:

:popcorn:

Silver Bullet
09-28-2008, 11:44 PM
So wheres the poll? Ya jackass!!:lol::flipoff:

:popcorn:

Ease up on me... its been a long day with no sleep.... we can toss it around right now, and if someone wants to attach the voting... have at it!:flipoff::lol:

Kwik92GT
09-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Kwik92, how many new cars do you think will break from simply accelerating in a straight line? I'd say about 0%.

Hmmmm ..... I'm betting a few Cobra owners with IRS would disagree. MANY, MANY others besides them too but that was just off the top of my head. So, you're going to tell me you've NEVER heard of someone taking their new car to the track or local hangout and breaking it while accelerating in a straight line? I think my BS meter just pegged. :lol:

Silver Bullet
09-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Hmmmm ..... I'm betting a few Cobra owners with IRS would disagree. MANY, MANY others besides them too but that was just off the top of my head. So, you're going to tell me you've NEVER heard of someone taking their new car to the track or local hangout and breaking it while accelerating in a straight line? I think my BS meter just pegged. :lol:

I have seen it a lot! Like he said... he must not go to the track much! lol:lol:

ibstrokin
09-29-2008, 01:00 AM
I understand your premise Terry, But I like things simple. The more rules, the more complications.

Also, it has never been required to make the running of the dozen to be on the list, just recommended. Many of us work weekends, and don't always have control over which saturdays we have off. Also, the dozen has always stayed active until all local tracks were closed for the season.

Silver Bullet
09-29-2008, 01:22 AM
Kool...if it is too much confusion for people... or some people don't want others to go all out.... its ok, I still plan on stepping it up.... It doesn't matter to me. I just wanted it to be more fun and more competive. :cheers:

Good Luck to everyone... and I really do mean it....

chad393na
09-29-2008, 03:23 AM
Absolutly, I went back and looked at the first dozen page and it was March 2 when I ran first this year and it was an 11.30, I did break a trans and was removed from the list. I fixed it and backed it up and moved on from there working all year to go as fast as I can, all the way down to an 10.60 that I didnt even update because it was only .03 faster than the last. I not trying to be a dick either but you can ask anyone thats watched me race its all out every time. I know there are some fast cars being finished up and would have moved me down the list but I think if my time would have still been legit I should still be there.
I know how you feel, I run my car hard from opening day, and the damn thing waits until a month before the season ends to break:mad: I am doing everything I can to fix it, but the car fund dried up the last time the tranny broke! Good luck, I hope you can get yours back together in time:bigthumb

JIMS SVT
09-29-2008, 04:33 AM
How about ya just do away with the DD and just have a list of how fast the cars have gone on here?

Stangman
09-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Then that would sorta be like the timeslip database...

KenB
09-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Maybe the post should have been:

I'm #1 on the list and I want to turn my shit up but I'm scared it's gonna blow. I want a safetly blanket if it does.

The break rule makes it interesting. Separates the men from the boys. ;)

Maximus
09-29-2008, 10:27 AM

I'm #1 on the list and I want to turn my shit up but I'm scared it's gonna blow. I want a safetly blanket if it does.

:eek::lol::lol:

Rick93coupe
09-29-2008, 12:03 PM

:agree: Thats exactly what it sounds like.

Kwik92GT
09-29-2008, 12:49 PM
The break rule makes it interesting. Separates the men from the bitches. ;)

Fixed that for ya.:D Why should someone turn up their shit if all it's going to do is increase their chance of getting booted off the Dozen? Is it more manly to go out and kick someones ass and take their spot on the list or to just sit by and hope one of the faster guys break so you can move up? :rolleyes: Yeah, that's REAL interesting. Nail biting stuff for sure. LOL

axetone
09-29-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by KenB
Maybe the post should have been...
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::

Craig...I wanted to help ya out a little since I know you're were busy and couldnt make the cruise-in...I found your blankey... :lol:

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL1633/8823678/16306730/336557449.jpg

Maximus
09-29-2008, 01:33 PM
I guess we could do it like Nascar....Run the entire season and keep track of the dozen. Have a cut off date, say end of Sept., and then only allow the top 12 and those who have been bumped and on the broken list a chance to participate in the "Running of the Dozen"

:tard:

Maximus
09-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Nice photoshop Jason:HYF:

beefcake
09-29-2008, 01:44 PM

dayummm , lol

I guess we could do it like Nascar....Run the entire season and keep track of the dozen. Have a cut off date, say end of Sept., and then only allow the top 12 and those who have been bumped and on the broken list a chance to participate in the "Running of the Dozen"

:tard:

nhra started that crap last year too, hate it

Maximus
09-29-2008, 02:02 PM
dayummm , lol

nhra started that crap last year too, hate it

Me too. But in cases like Mikes, what do ya do? He has been busting ass ALL year in his car, but it decides to break before the DD shoot-out...I guess some sorta recognition would be cool.

Maximus
09-29-2008, 02:06 PM
How about ya just do away with the DD and just have a list of how fast the cars have gone on here?

Because Vinny started the Dirty Dozen and as long as there is a SBZ, there should be a Dirty Dozen. :)

Even thou some people can be big headaches sometimes!!:lol:

beefcake
09-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Me too. But in cases like Mikes, what do ya do? He has been busting ass ALL year in his car, but it decides to break before the DD shoot-out...I guess some sorta recognition would be cool.

this is my opinion on whats most fair, especially with the end of the season one hit wonders

i think it's about as fair as you can be.

you have to run the number in your car, and you have to back the number up 2 times, one of the backups can be that same day, but you have to back it up at least one other day.

once your on the list, you stay on the list for the year, break or not, unless you sell your ride.

this accomplishes a few things,

1. the guys that have been working all year, get to keep their place
2. the end of the season 1 hit wonders, have to be at the track at least 2 times
3. proves that the car is capable. (anyone can throw a big shot at a car and run a number once) this way ya gotta have something thats made 3 decent passes

now, the only thing you have to decide is how close you have to back the number up by, what does nhra, nmra and fun ford use to back up with?

Maximus
09-29-2008, 02:37 PM
OR

we could have at least one DD shootout a month. KK runs on Thursdays, Tri-State runs on Saturdays, and E20 runs on Fridays. That should cover people that have to work on weekends.:)

Now THAT would weed out any one hit wonders.:D

Holly
09-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Because Vinny started the Dirty Dozen and as long as there is a SBZ, there should be a Dirty Dozen. :)

I agree! This is something Vinny started, and as long as SBZ is around, the Dirty Dozen will be around too. Other boards have started the same thing, but used different titles for this, so all in all, I think it's a good (fun) thing.

Even thou some people can be big headaches sometimes!!:lol:

The Dirty Dozen was a never ending headache for Vinny, along with SBZ! Now that he is no longer here and I have to deal with it, I totally understand why he was so grouchy about the board/people at times.

He saved the ranting for his wife and close friends. :lol:

Stangman
09-29-2008, 02:44 PM

That made me chuckle :lol:

KenB
09-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Terry said he wanted some good smacktalk, where is he? lol

I say leave it alone. It's just an internet list, let's not over complicate it.

Kwik92GT,

I guess it's a matter of perspective. I didn't even think of it that way. Mostly because I don't really consider it a dozen. Just a #1 and 11 'almosts'. So if you're not at the top, you're dumb not to try harder and be #1. This whole thing is only an issue if you are #1 and are worried about losing that spot.

Kwik92GT
09-29-2008, 03:42 PM
this is my opinion on whats most fair, especially with the end of the season one hit wonders

i think it's about as fair as you can be.

you have to run the number in your car, and you have to back the number up 2 times, one of the backups can be that same day, but you have to back it up at least one other day.

once your on the list, you stay on the list for the year, break or not, unless you sell your ride.

this accomplishes a few things,

1. the guys that have been working all year, get to keep their place
2. the end of the season 1 hit wonders, have to be at the track at least 2 times
3. proves that the car is capable. (anyone can throw a big shot at a car and run a number once) this way ya gotta have something thats made 3 decent passes

now, the only thing you have to decide is how close you have to back the number up by, what does nhra, nmra and fun ford use to back up with?

Sounds more fair than anything else I've heard so far. Guys like Chad393na and MFIELD shouldn't be penalized because their shit broke after running hard all year. It's a joke. Those guys and anyone else like them deserve their place on the Dozen. Do you guys really not see this? The rule needs to GO.

Kwik92GT
09-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Kwik92GT,

I guess it's a matter of perspective. I didn't even think of it that way. Mostly because I don't really consider it a dozen. Just a #1 and 11 'almosts'. So if you're not at the top, you're dumb not to try harder and be #1. This whole thing is only an issue if you are #1 and are worried about losing that spot.

I hear what you're saying Ken, but I believe for some guys it is just about making the dozen. This is an issue for someone who has the spot for basically the whole season only to see it taken away, not because they got outran, but because they broke. Just doesn't seem right. It is what it is I guess.

Black Horse
09-29-2008, 04:01 PM

Now that I think of it, my ears ring just from the thought of that!

I think we should let it stand the way it is for the rest of this year and discuss it over the winter months for next year. If you really want to play by the rules, you might want to bring your registration and proof of insurance to the shootout....and drive it there! :bigthumb:angel:

KenB
09-29-2008, 04:02 PM
I hear what you're saying Ken, but I believe for some guys it is just about making the dozen. This is an issue for someone who has the spot for basically the whole season only to see it taken away, not because they got outran, but because they broke. Just doesn't seem right. It is what it is I guess.

To me, the simple answer is, "that's life". Try again next year. Figure out what broke, why it broke and try to keep it from happening again.

Same reason the quickest car doesn't always win the race. There are other factors. You get control of those factors and you will be better. One of those factors is breakage.

JASON408
09-29-2008, 04:03 PM
I can see it both ways . But it does give the slower guys something to look forward to . maybe 4 of the top guys could break and then they get in . I wish you had to run the shoot out just to be on the list but we have been down that road before :lol: The shoot out was just made to get everyone toghter for a day of racing . Its does not mean you cant break and fix your car next week and get back on the list (edgewater will be open 3 weeks after the shoot out ) Hell i say you make it a shoot out and freeze the list the week before and LADDER THEM BITCHES UP !!!!!!! PRO TREE RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG Let everyone go down the same junk track . That will get everyone to run all out it does not matter if you break or lose you dozen number does not change you just race for pride and maybe a split the pot . Hell you could turn the clocks off and make it intresrting :bigthumb

Rob
09-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Terry said he wanted some good smacktalk, where is he? lol

I say leave it alone. It's just an internet list, let's not over complicate it.

Kwik92GT,

Terry is sleeping, he has been up for two days straight with work and the car show.

The issue that we talked about yesterday is that there are people on the list that dont want to race or drive their cars for fear of breaking something and being kicked off.

Trust me Terry is not concerned with losing the #1 spot, he just wants everyone to get out and do their best and have fun, there are more important things than an internet list of some fast cars.

KenB
09-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Terry is sleeping, he has been up for two days straight with work and the car show.

The issue that we talked about yesterday is that there are people on the list that dont want to race or drive their cars for fear of breaking something and being kicked off.

Trust me Terry is not concerned with losing the #1 spot, he just wants everyone to get out and do their best and have fun, there are more important things than an internet list of some fast cars.

If he's just concerned with everyone getting there cars out to run, that's not a problem. The list has 12 people on it, the site has thousands. So there are plenty of people on this site to get together and have fun with. If people on the dozen don't want to show, they are not fun anyway.

Ken

IWRBB
09-29-2008, 05:36 PM

Should a broken car really be considered one of the fastest 12 street cars in the Cincinnati area? Are you going to pull up next to it at a light when it's on jackstands in a garage? I don't get the whole "he ran it this many times" thing. So.... what if they had ran it 20 times, then it broke- should they still be on the list? How about 10 times? 5 times? Once? Where do you cut it off?

Maximus
09-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Should a broken car really be considered one of the fastest 12 street cars in the Cincinnati area? Are you going to pull up next to it at a light when it's on jackstands in a garage? I don't get the whole "he ran it this many times" thing. So.... what if they had ran it 20 times, then it broke- should they still be on the list? How about 10 times? 5 times? Once? Where do you cut it off?

Good point.

This IS Vinnys words....

Here ya go.....

There has been much heated discussion surrounding the "dirty dozen" list. I have created this thread to handle discussion of the list and keep the other DD thread strictly for posting times regarding the list. There have been some valid points discussed and I believe enough comments were made to warrant a thread devoted to handling all issues surrounding members, cars and rules. this is now the official home for those comments.

Also, you can expect things to shake out at the end of this season to level the street-car vs race-car issue. We're going to pick a test and tune day at the end of the season, have all potential dozen members meet at a set location and DRIVE to the track and make passes. This will weed out the 5 gallon fuel cell race cars, prove their street credibility as well as keep the list local. If you can't make a test and tune session around here then you aren't local. We may recquire that all dozen list members attend the fall cruise-in as well to once again prove their street creds as well as their involvement with this site. We don't need one-post-wonders claiming to be a SBZ member, making the cut and leaving somebody off the list with more of a street car and more time on this site.

So with that, I'll start the first round. :D
"His car isn't really a street car" is something I hear a lot. Problem is, everybody's opinion on what a true street car is will be different. As the rules sit right now, a street car is defined as having license, tags and insurance. I made it this way only to parallel the NMRA Wild Street definition. This is probably the toughest one to call so making these cars come out on the street to stay on the list will make things more fair in my opinion. This can be accomplished by requiring the cars to drive to the track at least once and/or showing up at our big cruise-ins.

As of right now the list is pretty dang tight! From 2nd to 12th place, we're talking about 1.05 second difference! That is what makes it interesting (to me) to watch. Who's going to inch up the list? Who can manage to keep on the list? There are still a handful of cars in the shadows that could shake this thing up. People are getting their tunes and suspensions dialed in and it could be anybody's game come the end of the season!

Remember kids, this is for fun, bragging rights and a decal....nothing more. No big money prizes, no sponsorship deals, no trophies....just some good ole boys bringing out their cars and putting a beating on 1320 feet of tarmac!

Thanks for reading, hope to see you all out real soon. Even more so, I hope to be out rolling with you all real soon. :bigthumb

Notice he said DRIVE and street credibility. :)

JASON408
09-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Breaking is a part of racing if you cant make it to the line for your final round you dont get the check ! You can let it all hang out and step up or you can break and go home and fix it thats life . You try thing and break and try something else and it does not . Some people get lucky right out of the box and nothing breaks and some people break shit every week . Once again life !it ads some drama to the list . Hell the big boys on top have a lot more chance of breaking shit thats what give the little guy a chance ! I still say lets not worry about it and LADDER THEM BITCHES UP !!! i remember the first shoot out at tri state it was a blast . And last year seeing everyone trying to get down the track was bad ass!!!!! And there was no one there worring about braking just having a good time ! I cant wait

YouGotJunk
09-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Since when does it matter what car is faster than the next or how much of a street car they really are??? It's all about bullshit rules. Right now if it weren't for the driver rule, my car would be #6 on the list, but no it cant be on there because someone else drove the car. I guarantee my car has more passes on it than just about anyone on the list, and pretty much every single pass in the 10's. We took it 2 weeks ago and made 6 passes, all 6 passes ranged from 10.39-10.46 but it still cant be on the list. So really, are the top 12 cars...really the top 12 cars??? I drive my car on the street probably 3-4 times a week and streetrace it every chance I get and I still can't be on the list. I'd just bet money that my car is driven 3x as much as anyone in the top 10. Owell, I could careless if i'm on there or not. That's why I haven't even mentioned anything about it till now. The list is getting to be one big joke...I dont think half the cars on there should be on there..but who am I to judge. Goodluck everyone!

beefcake
09-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Breaking is a part of racing if you cant make it to the line for your final round you dont get the check ! You can let it all hang out and step up or you can break and go home and fix it thats life . You try thing and break and try something else and it does not . Some people get lucky right out of the box and nothing breaks and some people break shit every week . Once again life !it ads some drama to the list . Hell the big boys on top have a lot more chance of breaking shit thats what give the little guy a chance ! I still say lets not worry about it and LADDER THEM BITCHES UP !!! i remember the first shoot out at tri state it was a blast . And last year seeing everyone trying to get down the track was bad ass!!!!! And there was no one there worring about braking just having a good time ! I cant wait

thats true too, but thats why i think a backup should be there,

even if you wanna knock people off for breaking, i would still say the 2 backup 2 trip rule wouldn't be a bad idea

Silver Bullet
09-29-2008, 07:08 PM

Let me say this.... I don't need a "Safety Blanket"... I was wanting to make it more fair and interesting. It was just an idea. Did you read my earlier post to Jeff, "Im still going to turn up my shit and keep trying to go faster". My Car is far from on the edge. Speaking of that, Yeah, Where is your car???

Silver Bullet
09-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Fixed that for ya.:D Why should someone turn up their shit if all it's going to do is increase their chance of getting booted off the Dozen? Is it more manly to go out and kick someones ass and take their spot on the list or to just sit by and hope one of the faster guys break so you can move up? :rolleyes: Yeah, that's REAL interesting. Nail biting stuff for sure. LOL

I agree....

Timido
09-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Everyone please remember the Dozen was meant to get you off your couch and get down the track. This is only for bragging rights. My opinion is keep it the way it was designed. Street car= registered and insured. Owner drives the car. Mustang or Capri. You break you off the list. This is the time of year where there is good air get out and enjoy it. I enjoy seeing guys and galls making there first 12-11-10-9-8 second passes. It is so cool to one up yourself. We have all been there and it is really everything it is cracked up to be.

Get off your couch.
Tim

Silver Bullet
09-29-2008, 08:09 PM

Thanks.

IMO, the most important thing about all of this, IS NOT who has the fastest, nicest, or best paint....

It is about meeting people and having a GOOD TIME. That is what it is about.
Along the way with my build, I had people that was willing to lend a hand or part, that I had never met before. Now I consider them friends. That is what Vinny also thought this was all about. Some of us lose site of this sometimes.

Silver Bullet
09-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Everyone please remember the Dozen was meant to get you off your couch and get down the track. This is only for bragging rights. My opinion is keep it the way it was designed. Street car= registered and insured. Owner drives the car. Mustang or Capri. You break you off the list. This is the time of year where there is good air get out and enjoy it. I enjoy seeing guys and galls making there first 12-11-10-9-8 second passes. It is so cool to one up yourself. We have all been there and it is really everything it is cracked up to be.

Get off your couch.
Tim

Well Said!!! Shoot I was as happy as the next guy to see Kennebellcobra break into the 9's and bump me. He had worked so hard to get into the 9's and BAM, it happened. I have been there before.... I can remember 11.00's all day long and not being able to get that 10 second pass. So guys and gals, see ya at the track! :bigthumb

Rich
09-29-2008, 08:24 PM
My opinion (from a person who has zero chance of making the list)...

Person A... makes 15 trips to various tracks all season long, from April through September. He runs all out all year long. He runs 10.60's consistently. He breaks towards the end of the year and probably doesn't have time to get everything back in order before the end of the season.

Person B...makes 1 trip to the track, in late fall, in great weather, close to negative DA air, and runs a 10.60

If only one can make the DD list, who should it be?

They both ran during the season...one has about 50 passes, one has 1 pass

Why should a person be "kicked off" the list if they ran a time good enough to be on it?

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-29-2008, 08:36 PM
So just curious, but is there any racing class out there that'll cut you slack and let you win at the end of the season if you break something mid season?

Like someone said, i think breaking is racing. If you want the bragging rights you've gotta play the game. If you're racing for a living and you break it could put you out of a lot more than just bragging rights.

Some of you guys are taking this crap way too seriously and i think you should step back and remember that it's JUST FOR FUN.

Rich
09-29-2008, 08:39 PM
But this isn't just one race! If that's the case, there shouldn't be a list kept. until the "race" is ran, on one day.

Set a date at the beginning of the year...that is when the DD will be determined.

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-29-2008, 08:45 PM
But this isn't just one race! If that's the case, there shouldn't be a list kept. until the "race" is ran, on one day.

Set a date at the beginning of the year...that is when the DD will be determined.

That's exactly how i personally think it should be, and you be there or be square and it sucks if you can't make it, but would the NMRA cut you slack because you had to work? It's the only way to truly prove that your car is street worthy and that you drove it there and made the pass. Otherwise it's all he said she said BS and all you guys are accomplishing is internet drama.

beefcake
09-29-2008, 10:08 PM
That's exactly how i personally think it should be, and you be there or be square and it sucks if you can't make it, but would the NMRA cut you slack because you had to work? It's the only way to truly prove that your car is street worthy and that you drove it there and made the pass. Otherwise it's all he said she said BS and all you guys are accomplishing is internet drama.

you keep saying this, but it doesn't fit here, the nmra runs 8 to 9 races all year long, not 1,

and your actually wrong, you could run the first 6 or 7 races, win become #1 in the points and miss out the last 1 or 2 races and still finish as the champ,

your points really aren't valid to compare it to a real racing organization

someone coming to the world finals at bowling green and winning that race would mean nothing as far as finishing #1 for the year, more than likely they wouldn't even be in the top 12

chad393na
09-29-2008, 10:12 PM

Are you seriously comparing this to NMRA? For the record, I never asked to be left on the list, I just think it really sucks to break this late in the season! I do however agree it would be cool if everyone DROVE their car to a shootout or other T&T's during the season, but that was already shot down awhile back. I choose to drive my car almost daily, and to and from the track when I do go, so I must suffer the concequences. Hell, I wouldn't be afraid of pilling it up if I didn't like driving it so much! Don't count me out just yet though, I may still make it out before the end of the season:D

ibstrokin
09-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Look Bitch(es):flipoff:, Do what I did, since my car wasn't together to make the list this yr, go put your daily driver on the other dozen, which people threw a fit to have a couple of years ago, and now only has a handful of cars. Every year there is a big controversy surrounding the dozen. Everyone has an opinion on what needs to be changed. It's this simple, If yo shit's a runnin, run it, If yo shit aint, watch.:flipoff:

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-29-2008, 10:21 PM
OK guys...here's the point...nit pick it all you want:

This is boiling down to a money race. The guys who have it are the ones with the single digit rides. If you can't afford to fix it before the end of the race, you're screwed. I see it both ways, but all you're doing is going back and forth and not coming to an agreement.

I didn't make the rules, and unfortunately the guy who did can't step in and settle this crap, so all i'm doing is giving out ideas.

ALL of you in this thread take this crap WAY too seriously. Some of you seem to be borderline bad blood with each other, all over something that is supposed to be for FUN. Honestly, if i was fast enough i wouldn't want anything to do with this crap...too much drama for me.

Who is ultimately calling the shots on this as far as changing anything, and why hasn't that person chimed in yet? Put it up for a vote or something....anything besides fighting over it.

I say quote the man who started this whole thing and leave it alone, or just say screw the whole mess and post up a huge list of everyones fastest times, broken or not, self driven or not, beyond just the top 12, so everyone is happy.

chad393na
09-29-2008, 10:38 PM
I think everyone is just giving their opinion, not necessarily "taking this too seriously". Not everybody is going to agree with each other, but in the end, rules are rules and if somebody doesn't like them, they don't have to participate!

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Yeah i feel like some people are getting a little pissed at what i'm saying, but damn what are rules for anyways? Who's making them and who's changing them?

Like i said, i totally understand how bad it sucks to race all year and then break in early October and not have the cash or time to fix it before you have to run it for the list, but hell that's life and it happens right? You pick up the pieces and come back stronger next year.

ibstrokin
09-29-2008, 10:43 PM
1. It's always about money, guys are as competitive as they can afford to be, in every sport, just the nature of men.

2. Alot of us give each other a hard time, but often in fun, I don't think there is bad blood between the majority of the people of sbz.

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Cool, maybe i'm just reading into it too much. I just don't like seeing people bitch at each other :lol:

I give everyone huge props for making the list and i brag about you guys all the time to pretty much anyone i talk cars with...any time someone mentions a race i always tell them i know where to get some single digit guys to race if they feel lucky..lol.

JASON408
09-30-2008, 12:00 AM
IT ALL ABOUT THE LOVE!!!!!!the list is all about fun and giving everyone a reason to get to the track and have a good time . And in my eyes its also about helping your brother out . Theres nothing better than helping the next guy get a little faster . hell i would stay up all night working on a fellow bangerz just so he could get his car faster and bump me down . Is all for fun . Hell the 3 number one guys so far ( tim , craig and jim )were happy they were number one but never struted around sticking there chest out like they were better than someone because thats not what it was about . Its all about bring fellow stangbangerz togther :bigthumb

Silver Bullet
09-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Well said Jason!:agree:

JIMS SVT
09-30-2008, 04:36 AM
I'd just bet money that my car is driven 3x as much as anyone in the top 10.

I wouldnt bet too much on that one.

beefcake
09-30-2008, 07:11 AM
i don't think anyone is getting ticked, i think everyone is trying to make an adequate discussion to come up with some ideas before an actual poll is posted

KenB
09-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Where is your car???

In the garage?

Rob
09-30-2008, 10:25 AM
you keep saying this, but it doesn't fit here, the nmra runs 8 to 9 races all year long, not 1,

and your actually wrong, you could run the first 6 or 7 races, win become #1 in the points and miss out the last 1 or 2 races and still finish as the champ,

your points really aren't valid to compare it to a real racing organization

someone coming to the world finals at bowling green and winning that race would mean nothing as far as finishing #1 for the year, more than likely they wouldn't even be in the top 12

:agree: If you want to compare to NMRA: You could go out and lay down the fastest pass of the year in any class and back it up, then blow your shit to pieces and never make it back, guess what, you still have the record.

KenB
09-30-2008, 10:29 AM
:agree: If you want to compare to NMRA: You could go out and lay down the fastest pass of the year in any class and back it up, then blow your shit to pieces and never make it back, guess what, you still have the record.

You're a 100% right. But this is a record list. It's the Dirty Dozen. And from memory it's supposed to reflect the baddest street cars that you can run into at anytime in the Cincy area. If it's broke, you can't run into it.

IWRBB
09-30-2008, 11:45 AM
OK guys...here's the point...nit pick it all you want:

This is boiling down to a money race. The guys who have it are the ones with the single digit rides. If you can't afford to fix it before the end of the race, you're screwed. I see it both ways, but all you're doing is going back and forth and not coming to an agreement.

I didn't make the rules, and unfortunately the guy who did can't step in and settle this crap, so all i'm doing is giving out ideas.

ALL of you in this thread take this crap WAY too seriously. Some of you seem to be borderline bad blood with each other, all over something that is supposed to be for FUN. Honestly, if i was fast enough i wouldn't want anything to do with this crap...too much drama for me.

Who is ultimately calling the shots on this as far as changing anything, and why hasn't that person chimed in yet? Put it up for a vote or something....anything besides fighting over it.

I say quote the man who started this whole thing and leave it alone, or just say screw the whole mess and post up a huge list of everyones fastest times, broken or not, self driven or not, beyond just the top 12, so everyone is happy.

It's all in fun, hell, I don't expect to even be on the list come the final revision. I'll still be there on the 25th though, either way. I just want to run the car.

Cars, racing, speed- that'll always come down to money.

VuNiT3
09-30-2008, 12:55 PM
I say let's leave well enough alone. Everybody just go out and have fun!

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-30-2008, 12:59 PM
I don't know who all saw that pinkish colored S10 next to me at the cruise in, but he's been wanting to join here for a while now but he's shy because he's in a Chevy. He's running 13.1 and wants a piece of the "Other Dozen" list :lol: