PDA

View Full Version : Polls from debate, Courtesy of yahoo news

Flaming87lx
09-27-2008, 11:14 AM
"Snapshot polls by both CNN and CBS News showed Obama with a clear advantage among voters in how people perceived the debate performance. CBS monitored a roomful of uncommitted voters and when asked who won the debate shortly after it was done, the number of people who raised their hands for Obama was more than double than those for McCain."

I have to agree! I'm looking forward to round 2.

Black Horse
09-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one!

Sharad
09-27-2008, 11:53 AM
depends on who you ask. PLENTY of "experts" said McCain one and b. hussein obama was like the campaign robot regurgitating rehearsed lines.

Flaming87lx
09-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Apparently they asked the people who was THERE at the debate:confused:, whom were undecided voters

FMGT1999
09-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Like I said before either way McCain is still getting my vote.

Like Black Horse said before "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one!"

Kyle

Flaming87lx
09-27-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm glad my opinion was with the majority :bigthumb

Maximus
09-27-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm glad my opinion was with the majority :bigthumb

So if the majority of the people jumped off a cliff you would do the same? :lol:

Unfortunately, I have to vote on the lesser of two evils....AGAIN:mad:

Flaming87lx
09-27-2008, 12:42 PM
So if the majority of the people jumped off a cliff you would do the same? :lol:

We all just have to go with our gut and what we think will work for us.

And no I wouldn't jump, I'm scared of heights :lol:

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-27-2008, 12:44 PM

Exactly. Is it really true that out of all of America, these two idiots are the best we have to offer? Seriously???

Goldenpony
09-27-2008, 12:55 PM
I will PROBABLY vote for McCain, but Obama won the debate. The only problem I have with McCain is his bone head choice of Palin. She scares me to death.

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-27-2008, 01:11 PM
I will PROBABLY vote for McCain, but Obama won the debate. The only problem I have with McCain is his bone head choice of Palin. She scares me to death.

Yeah, am i the only one who feels that he picked her just to make history and to win the women vote? I really don't see her filling anybodys shoes if he were to die or be assassinated (no offense to women or anything, i just don't think SHE has it in her).

facemelter71
09-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Personally, im NOT payin more taxes.Im NOT wanting the capital gains tax to go up.The money i work for and to provide my family with,IS MY DAMN MONEY.If Obama gets elected and he raises taxes like he's wanting to.Im moving into the whitehouse so he can pay for my damn house.How can any one else like his taxation ideas.
And just because he won a debate dont mean crap either.

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Well, i'm not sticking up for him, but if raising taxes is going to actually accomplish something, rather than letting the country fall apart...then what's the right thing to do?

Nobody wants to pay for anything but they want everything their way. Like this Wall $treet crap...if we don't bail them out the country is GOING to fall into the $hitter. It's not right that the average Joe has to pay for it but he's going to be better off paying than if he doesn't pay. It truly is the lesser of 2 evils.

Black Horse
09-27-2008, 01:29 PM
I think the snapshot polls, straw polls, etc. are a kick.....statistics are an ability to prove you are right...even when you don't have the facts or even enough information to really know anything.
And what was the margin of error in the polls? Probably enough to allow either candidate the advantage.

I find it hilarious that this entire campaign the media had slanted so much towards Obama.

Sharad
09-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Palin is more conservative than McCain, Obama, and Biden. I'd rather put her in the oval office than the other three.

IWRBB
09-27-2008, 02:26 PM
Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich: The Debate (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4284258)

04 Venom
09-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Palin is more conservative than McCain, Obama, and Biden. I'd rather put her in the oval office than the other three.

She would be the definition of a national nightmare. If she can't get through an interview with Katy Couric, she has no business being in the campaign. She was awful.

Sharad
09-27-2008, 04:01 PM
I strongly disagree.

mach_u
09-28-2008, 08:45 AM
I thought both candidates did a decent job. I honestly think it was a 50/50 split. They both did OK. Newsweek claimed a tie also, so did several other places. Fox News said McCain won(no surprise there) and MSNBC said that Obama won(again, no surprise). I am disappointed because I don't feel like a clear leader emerged out of the financial discussions. I didn't hear a single good plan on the economy out of either one. I will say however, McCain cleaned up the debate when it came to foreign policy/national security. There is simply no getting the amount of experience he has in that department. Obama - "I plan to meet with so and so", McCain - "I've already sat down across from so and so." I am more and more convinced that Obama is an empty suit after those debates, that's for sure. I see a much better leader in John McCain that Obama, no question. I certainly hope that between him and Palin they can truely shake things up in this country - we certainly need it!

Walter
09-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Obama aint shit.

04 Venom
09-28-2008, 11:02 AM
I thought both candidates did a decent job. I honestly think it was a 50/50 split.

I agree. Both candidates are trying not to lose the campaign, which is unfortunate.

rogers
09-28-2008, 12:49 PM
I strongly disagree.

and one :bigthumb

obama is a real piece of work how many clips have you seen of him stumbling over his lines in a speach, he is a puppet and a tool! and as far as his tax increases go he can kiss my a**! i work for my money why give it away to some lazy bastard cause they don't want to work? where's the teach a man to fish idea, oh yeah bush tried that and the lazy f*cks complained cause they might have to get and education and work for thier living! instead of just recieving what the "MAN" owes them. I got and idea free airfare back to wherever you think you came from.................. hell i will pay for obama's trip my damn self!!! :flipoff:"obama"

Kwik92GT
09-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Well, i'm not sticking up for him, but if raising taxes is going to actually accomplish something, rather than letting the country fall apart...then what's the right thing to do?

Just the type of person he's looking for. :rolleyes: Making our taxes higher and expanding an already WAY too big government is NOT the answer. They have plenty of our money as it is, they just spend it like shit. All of them do, Dems and Reps anymore. Obama's tax plan is fucking robbery, plain and simple. I mean, at least guys like Jesse James used a friggin gun when they took your shit. His tax plan isn't the only reason I won't be voting for his sorry ass, but it alone is enough of one.

FWIW, I'm not crazy about McCain either but he's a WAY better option than Obama IMO.

Goober
09-28-2008, 02:20 PM
Just the type of person he's looking for. :rolleyes: Making our taxes higher and expanding an already WAY too big government is NOT the answer. They have plenty of our money as it is, they just spend it like shit. All of them do, Dems and Reps anymore. Obama's tax plan is fucking robbery, plain and simple. I mean, at least guys like Jesse James used a friggin gun when they took your shit. His tax plan isn't the only reason I won't be voting for his sorry ass, but it alone is enough of one.

FWIW, I'm not crazy about McCain either but he's a WAY better option than Obama IMO.

:golfclap:

beefcake
09-28-2008, 08:06 PM
government already gets way too much of my money

$500 for a hammer, lets spend it better

mach_u
09-28-2008, 10:39 PM
I agree. Both candidates are trying not to lose the campaign, which is unfortunate.
100%. It's really disappointing to see more mud slinging than actual solutions. I don't care about whose plan in the past got us in this mess, SOMEBODY needs come up with some competent solutions! At this point Democrats and Republicans have both done more than enough to put us neck deep in this crap - we need a leader to stand up and take charge and I don't honestly felt like there was a real leader that emerged out of either one. :rolleyes: I am VERY curious to see how Thursday's VP debates turn out. I'm hoping Palin will again show some fire and prove that she has the ability to be a great ally for the American people and not just another Washington suit. :bigthumb

Waffles
09-28-2008, 11:04 PM

I feel ya.... I'm not fan of McCain's politics. I am however a fan of his character. In the end, he's at least not a radical liberal as is his opponent. I would have much preferred Fred Thompson.

Waffles
09-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Yeah, am i the only one who feels that he picked her just to make history and to win the women vote?

Maybe he was just trying to get in her pants? :lol:

FMGT1999
09-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Just my two cents...

Watch this video... it explains it all clearly.

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47107

Kyle

02mingryGT
09-29-2008, 02:38 PM
$500 for a hammer, lets spend it better

Black ops

redfirepearlgt
09-29-2008, 07:59 PM
I would have preferred Fred Thompson as well but I will have to go with the alternative. Sarah is a benefit. Blue collar back ground, down to earth, got a son in the military heading to Iraq, what more could you ask for as far as voting for a person in touch with the real world? She's no legal eagle, has no ivy league diploma or Rhoades Scholar papers. She is no off spring of "American Royalty", simply the daughter of a common family. People have bitched for years that no one in politics represents the common person. Well now we have soneone on our level, and all people can do is poke fun and say she isn't qualified. If qualified means that she needs to be a lawyer, an ivy league graduate, with 15 Ph.D's, 20 years in the Senate and have a hyphenated last name then we are back to the very same BS politician we all have known to come to dislike. I'm sick of elitists. Give me a common person with a little common sense and some concept of where the average american is coming from.

No person is perfect and you don't have to go far to find his/her faults if you look. You just have to weed through the mess of bull and make the better of two tough choices.

Many have fallen protecting this freedom of voting in which we have taken for granted. Out of the respect for their sacrifice both present and back to the beginning of this country, we all owe them the respect to take 3 little minutes to pull a lever whether we agree with McCain or Obama the most. Neither one is anywhere close to perfect. Regardless these are our choices plus the other parties less known. Vote for the respect of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice this fall. They deserve that much from this whole country.