PDA

View Full Version : national trails king of columbus crash

kwik- lx
09-26-2008, 11:44 PM
was at the king of columbus race tonight and a car from down your guys way hit the wall hard. it was a black lx from i think they said cainville ky.(sp?) ran a few 7.9x's in the 2nd round just after the 1/8 mile hit the wall pretty good a few times but they said he was fine car looks bad

ruinms
09-27-2008, 01:05 AM
i saw it also. it was a hatch car looked pretty bad loading it in the trailer right off the rollback.

kwik- lx
09-27-2008, 08:46 AM
found out some more info on who it was

found this over on yellowbullet.com

Matrin Connelly had his super nice Procharger SSO Mustang testing for the NMRA race coming up last night and the car was running great but in the 2nd round the motor let go and Martin hit the wall very hard on the passenger side then went across the track and hit the other wall. Martin was shook up a little but other than that he was fine which is all the matters but the car might be hurt beyond repair. Martin did go 7.86 on only his 2nd full pass and the car looked very consistant until the accident. If anyone knows Martin he is one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet and this is a terriable loss for him because he had worked very long and hard to get this car after he totaled his 8.5 car a few years ago.

mustangboy
09-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Man that sucks. I don't know the guy or the car but I've been there and done that and it really takes alot out of you.

Ranger50
09-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Wonder if that is the same hatch he had his 600+" 11" deck BBF 10.5W motor in??? Seen him drive that car at the Mtn parkway strip and nearly wreck it there....

Brian

DeckerEnt
09-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Good to hear he wasn't hurt. Any car can be replaced, people can't.
Keith