Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Be careful when buying used parts even from people you should be able to trust [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Be careful when buying used parts even from people you should be able to trust

kennebellcobra
09-25-2008, 04:40 PM
A good friend of mine...very,very honest guy got *ucked on a deal that was bought off here. I am not going to bad mouth anyone or start a bunch of shit. I am just warning others that just because you think someone is a stand-up guy on here you never know when it comes to money so be careful! My eye's were really opened today:(

PaulFiveOh
09-25-2008, 04:44 PM
spill the beans

kennebellcobra
09-25-2008, 04:46 PM
spill the beans

Nope not starting the drama just warning people

NaomiDstangLvr
09-25-2008, 05:08 PM
A good friend of mine...very,very honest guy got *ucked on a deal that was bought off here. I am not going to bad mouth anyone or start a bunch of shit. I am just warning others that just because you think someone is a stand-up guy on here you never know when it comes to money so be careful! My eye's were really opened today:(
Then why say anything? Lol! You know everyone will ask who it was! :lol:

KenB
09-25-2008, 05:16 PM
It was already posted and locked because he is a moderator which I thing it total bullshit if my opinion matters. I don't know the facts, but locking a thread because the person in question is a moderator just looks super shady to me.

I know the person who was doing the selling more than the person doing to buying. And the person doing the selling is a good guy as far as I can tell. But the thread was locked so I guess we'll never get the whole story.

Ken

NaomiDstangLvr
09-25-2008, 05:18 PM
It was already posted and locked because he is a moderator which I thing it total bullshit if my opinion matters. I don't know the facts, but locking a thread because the person in question is a moderator just looks super shady to me.

I know the person who was doing the selling more than the person doing to buying. And the person doing the selling is a good guy as far as I can tell. But the thread was locked so I guess we'll never get the whole story.

Ken

Oh...

Holly
09-25-2008, 05:20 PM
It's none of anybody's business but the two people dealing with it. We don't need a bunch of he said she said bullshit on here.

Goober
09-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Holly, I am going to have to kindly disagree. It is a good thing to for people to know who is involved, to keep themselves safe. The details and bull, should be left out. Just my own opinion.

89notch
09-25-2008, 05:30 PM

Ken

He actually Pm'd me and ask me to remove the thread since he tried to himself so it wasnt shady he asked.I wasnt the one that deleted thread I dont know who did but he asked.

PonymanfiveO
09-25-2008, 05:34 PM
If I wanted a new transmission with a warranty I would go buy a new transmission...Not wheel and deal with trades.

Rick93coupe
09-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Damn I hate it when I miss other peoples drama..

Emphasis on other peoples! :lol:

89notch
09-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Let me explain since I was bashed in the post that was removed.

My Story

I recently traded my C4 transmission to a member on the board. Before he got the tranny part of the deal was I was going to send it to have it checked out before I traded even though it only had 20 miles on it. I sent the tranny out he pulled it apart and fixed a small leak at the tail housing checked it out and put it back together. He said the transmission looked great.. Its been a few weeks since the guy picked up the tranny and said he has had some friends who have had problems with his C4's so he pulled the tranny pan off and said he found a bolt in the pan. He said because of this he took the transmission to his tranny guy(without ever telling me) and had him go through it and his guy ended up replacing some things and cost him 350.00. Now he wants me to foot the bill for the 350 even though he didn't call before doing so and never asked me if it was ok. The transmission still had a warranty from my guy and he said if something was wrong all he had to do was bring it back and he would have fixed it for no charge. He also said there was no possible way he found a bolt in the tranny pan that he just put the pan back on. I offered to cover the cost of any parts his guy had replaced even though I have never seen any damaged parts just taking his word on it. I priced all the parts he claimed his guy replace and it was about 150.00 tops and my tranny guy would be willing to kick in 50.00 to help settle the deal. So I offered him 150.00 thinking it was fair.

That's my story and yesterday I got a PM that said 250 would be fair and I was considering just paying the 250 to end the whole deal and while at work today I get phone calls telling me about this post bashing me. I have asked a bunch of people what they thought I should do and I have yet to have someone tell me I should cover the costs of his guys labor when it would have been fixed for free if there really was a bolt in the pan. I thought I was being a stand up guy for covering the 150 for the parts but apparently I turned into a piece of shit for it.

Sorry for the rambling but way to many people read the other post that was removed so I felt I needed to respond and explain the situation. Everyone that knows me knows I wouldn't screw someone over like that. I help people out all the time with these cars giving parts away and letting people use my garage etc.

PaulFiveOh
09-25-2008, 07:32 PM
I will be the first person to say that Kelly has an extraordinary level of integrity. I honestly can not think of another Banger (well maybe Mike Bell) that have such a high level of ethics and accountability for them selves. My reference point is based on the thousands of dollars of transactions I have made with 89notch over the last 2 years. Never ever once have gotten even a hint of bad deal, or a sour apple. More often than not, he has made the deal sweeter just to be a nice guy.

dedpedal
09-25-2008, 07:42 PM
The reason the post was deleted was for a double post in two different sections of the board. No big deal. The other was locked before it could get out of hand (which it was allready starting to). The two people involved should be the ones to hash it out IMO and not have a dissagreement turn into a bashfest that just snowballs into something worse. We all know how that happens and the results.

Dirtyd0g
09-25-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm confused....
here's what it sounds like to me.
Party A sold a used but good working trans to Party B. Party B sends the trans to be refreshed and then tells party A to float the Bill.
Why didn't Party A just buy a core trans and have it built?
Personally I would have offered a return of the part for a refund, that is all I would think makes any sense. Paying for a rebuild on a used part you sold that worked when you removed it makes absolutely no sense.
Alan

RyanR
09-25-2008, 09:53 PM
I bought a drive shaft at the nmra columbus swap meet. Bought the yoke and u joints just to find out it was junk. Story of my life.

8banger
09-25-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm confused....
here's what it sounds like to me.
Party A sold a used but good working trans to Party B. Party B sends the trans to be refreshed and then tells party A to float the Bill.
Why didn't Party A just buy a core trans and have it built?
Personally I would have offered a return of the part for a refund, that is all I would think makes any sense. Paying for a rebuild on a used part you sold that worked when you removed it makes absolutely no sense.
Alan

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43803

No,..My side...(please understand we've been trying to resolve this for a week and a half now )(he had already sold my manual tran setup few days days after I dropped it off at his House before I even had his C4)..Trans had a Valve body bolt lying in the pan with lots of metal attached to the magnetic drain plug..Got cold feet,sent it to my trans guy for basic tear down and inspection.WHICH I was going to pay for(I didnt feel like r&r this trans 3 to 4 times in hopes of ever getting it right like others from the same (HIS tranny guy) )....If my trans guy had said all was good...I would've had him put it back together,paid him (out of my pocket) and would have installed in the car....BUT all was not as stated....SEVERAL(Sprag assembly reverse piston,front pump assembly misc seals bushings etc.) parts are not usable....the c4 is still apart at my tranny guys shop waiting for kelly to look at(I offered to drive him there)...I told him he could have every part that needed to be replaced... All I asked for was the difference in parts and that I would pay the labor 350.00 total 100.00 in labor and 250.00 in parts.....He wanted me to use He trans guy parts,,,Which he never did say which parts..exactly He trans guy never would return my call )....Kelly also forgot to mention that the converter that had only 2k on it was burnt up inside.I sent it in to PTC for a restall (100.00)...Tim at PTC called me and said it ws burnt up and needed all new internals...He charged me a total of 175.00 to repair...so another 75.00 out of my pocket...(tim was great and took care of it though)

So in total all I asked for was 250.00.....He sold my setup for 1700.00 and only was asking 1500.00 or best offer on his..My original post did not bash him other thant he title which yes prob was alittle harsh(BEWARE of 89notch) but everything else was JUST my SIDE of the story ...no name calling notin....
I also delivered my complete setup to his house Driving form burlington to his place at my GAS expense as he was to busy to meet halfway...There it is...my side...

89notch
09-25-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm done with this whole deal I paypal'd him the money for my portion like I said I would and I'm done with all the drama. :bigthumb

Dirtyd0g
09-25-2008, 10:36 PM
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43803

No,..My side...(please understand we've been trying to resolve this for a week and a half now )(he had already sold my manual tran setup few days days after I dropped it off at his House before I even had his C4)..Trans had a Valve body bolt lying in the pan with lots of metal attached to the magnetic drain plug..Got cold feet,sent it to my trans guy for basic tear down and inspection.WHICH I was going to pay for(I didnt feel like r&r this trans 3 to 4 times in hopes of ever getting it right like others from the same (HIS tranny guy) )....If my trans guy had said all was good...I would've had him put it back together,paid him (out of my pocket) and would have installed in the car....BUT all was not as stated....SEVERAL(Sprag assembly reverse piston,front pump assembly misc seals bushings etc.) parts are not usable....the c4 is still apart at my tranny guys shop waiting for kelly to look at(I offered to drive him there)...I told him he could have every part that needed to be replaced... All I asked for was the difference in parts and that I would pay the labor 350.00 total 100.00 in labor and 250.00 in parts.....He wanted me to use He trans guy parts,,,Which he never did say which parts..exactly He trans guy never would return my call )....Kelly also forgot to mention that the converter that had only 2k on it was burnt up inside.I sent it in to PTC for a restall (100.00)...Tim at PTC called me and said it ws burnt up and needed all new internals...He charged me a total of 175.00 to repair...so another 75.00 out of my pocket...(tim was great and took care of it though)

I think the best thing to do would have been ask to return the entire setup when you inspected the pan, nobody can really complain much about that. Being a converter guy I can tell you not many people can inspect the inside of a converter. Being a converter that doesn't have any clutches means something went completely wrong in the converter or it became contaminated. At the price all it could have really needed was new bearings, a new turbine, stator or pump would have doubled the price on cost of the parts alone. It certainly didn't get all new internals.The question becomes do you think he sold it to you thinking it had these problems or that it was an unfortunate event that would have cost him the money. It sounds to me that if the transmission was under warranty from his trans guy it would have been best to take it to him. I see two guys with hard feelings towards each other for something that was neither of their faults. This really needs to be worked out between the two of you but comes down to the attitude that goes with it. He really doesn't "OWE" you anything. If he is willing to help because he feels sorry for your misfortune that is great. Any amount of money he offers you is more than you have now. Take it and grin.
Alan

12seclx
09-25-2008, 11:55 PM
I hate to see deals get sour like this...

Hell, all I want is for my car to sound like Tray's... :lol: