Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Why Do People Do This... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Why Do People Do This...

BigBadStang
09-23-2008, 04:24 PM
I just don't get it! Why would someone do this to an otherwise good car?

I took these pics with my phone driving down I-75 the other day. He got on 75S @ Mitchell, and got off @ Hopple.

(sorry for the side view pic having the fender spot mirror in it...I was driving the work truck. :D)

facemelter71
09-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Its the new thing.I see it all day at my house.Its terrible.Theres also a white sn95 that some one managed to lift up and stick ugly ass rims on it.Some one around Cincy is selling these lift kits for these cars.Is hideous.

Stolly113
09-23-2008, 05:10 PM
what are you talking about thats ballin lol

facemelter71
09-23-2008, 05:26 PM
If any one of my buddies did that.Id probly choke them with a coat hanger.:bigthumb

PaulFiveOh
09-23-2008, 05:32 PM
I just don't get it! Why would someone do this to an otherwise good car?

I took these pics with my phone driving down I-75 the other day. He got on 75S @ Mitchell, and got off @ Hopple.

(sorry for the side view pic having the fender spot mirror in it...I was driving the work truck. :D)

I bet he says the same thing about your Mustang. Just because you don't agree with what he did to his vehicle doesn't mean you have to hate. :cool2:

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-23-2008, 05:54 PM
I bet he says the same thing about your Mustang. Just because you don't agree with what he did to his vehicle doesn't mean you have to hate. :cool2:

I can respect a person's personal style, but that doesn't mean i'm not going to tell him i think it looks retarded.

I wouldn't worry about it though, most of those that you see are bondo buckets.

snotzs135
09-23-2008, 06:40 PM
i was in blue ash the other day and i think it was a 93 camaro jacked up like that with a continental kit on it my wife said what the hell is that before i could even get it out lol:cool1:

Black Horse
09-23-2008, 07:01 PM
I just laugh thinking how most 18 wheelers corner better - talk about screwed up suspension geometry

Mavowar
09-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Not my thing but to each his own.....

Goober
09-23-2008, 07:41 PM
I am worried about the safety of them. If you google "DONK" and look at how some "shops" lift them, you'll agree. I wouldn't be caught dead in one. Safe or not.

PonymanfiveO
09-23-2008, 10:26 PM
I scold you for not using the "PIT maneuver"

WhiteT
09-24-2008, 12:01 AM
I am worried about the safety of them. If you google "DONK" and look at how some "shops" lift them, you'll agree. I wouldn't be caught dead in one. Safe or not.

WOW! I just did that search and found this:eek:

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=378384

BigBadStang
09-24-2008, 07:53 AM

I aint hatin'! I just said I didn't understand it. :tongue2:

I scold you for not using the "PIT maneuver"

:lol: If I had used the PIT...I would have squashed his ass and his car. Too messy, and too much paperwork! That and I don't think "The Parcel" would like me scraping up a 2009 International tractor with 900 miles on it! :D

VuNiT3
09-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Ewww. I passed a guy on the road the other day who did that to a mustang. Not appealing to the eye at all, for me at least.

Stangman
09-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Woulda looked a lot better sitting 2 inches lower than stock height with some torq-thrusts on it... But some people just don't have a clue. :rolleyes:

RIXXX93GT
09-24-2008, 03:51 PM
I understand car mods being very personal in taste, when I was young it was cool to have huge tires outside the rear fenders and air shocks, then the tucked and tubbed look became all the rage, then the sleeper mini tub, I cant agree that I think they are all good trends but I can understand how they happen. On the other hand the trend of younger males wearing their pants below their ass is completely baffling.

Goober
09-24-2008, 04:15 PM
WOW! I just did that search and found this:eek:

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=378384

They made the front a little better, but OMFG the rear is still all fubared. After dealing with lifted trucks all my life, I wouldn't let this down off the car lift. The rear needs a serious coil over job, and the front, well, it needs to be started from scratch.

boostanggt
09-24-2008, 04:36 PM
A friend of mine who works at valvoline said that one car came in for an oil change with one of these 'custom' lift kits. It consisted of two coil springs welded together. Real safe :bigthumb

mustangjon
09-24-2008, 07:41 PM
yup they typically lift them by either welding springs together or spacers on them... with no other mods really. First one i ever got in a shop i was horrified by how unsafe it looked, i actually asked the customer which roads he normally travels, when he asked why, i told him so i could tell my ex to stay off those roads with my kid in her car.:eek:

To each is own on modding a car, just like minitrucks... but its all about doing it right and safely, most those trucks get thousands dumped into their suspensions, and they are still safe. Not my cup of tea, but most the guys you have to give credit for their hard work and money

88ssp
09-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Guys around here take G-body cars (cutlass, gran prix, etc) and put 24-26" wheels on them. One guy has his car painted like Dale Jr's 8 car.

Ryan218
09-24-2008, 10:07 PM
theres a 92 4 banger coupe around here with 24" wheels on it. i dont seen how the thing even gets moving!

BIGHONKEY
09-25-2008, 08:51 AM
AAHAHHAHA, I know that car. It was painted by a friend of mine who rents a garage in Ross next to mine. The car is actually done well. Interior is nice, frame is notched, big brakes, nice hood, 26's ahahaha. Anyway they guy painting it hated to do it but money is money ya know. He is going to paint my mustang anti-donk.

He has a highlighter orange C5 vette with flat black rear, hammered on some nice wheels. 19's or 20's. Looks real nice.

BigBadStang
09-25-2008, 09:08 AM
AAHAHHAHA, I know that car. It was painted by a friend of mine who rents a garage in Ross next to mine. The car is actually done well. Interior is nice, frame is notched, big brakes, nice hood, 26's ahahaha. Anyway they guy painting it hated to do it but money is money ya know. He is going to paint my mustang anti-donk.

He has a highlighter orange C5 vette with flat black rear, hammered on some nice wheels. 19's or 20's. Looks real nice.

Yeah, I saw the interior, and it was all done in yellow and white, and the car looked really straight...too straight to be full of mud. To each their own, I just don't understand it.

WhiteT...there was some scary looking shit on that link! I'll stay far away from these "road hazards" from now on!!

leroy93lx
09-25-2008, 09:15 AM
How about an ssp coupe on some 22"s...... WOW!!!
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x191/leroy93lx/5020on204shk0.jpg

Stangman
09-25-2008, 09:21 AM
AAKK!!!

dawsin94cobra
09-25-2008, 11:12 PM
wow poor coupe.... facepalm.....

e5shea
09-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Its just the misguided and uneducated spending of money. They spend it, it makes them feel cool. Next thing you know, they'll all be back on 15" Dayton Wire Wheels with the backspacing so mis-measured the rims are sticking 5" out of the car.

BigBadStang
09-26-2008, 04:07 PM
...Next thing you know, they'll all be back on 15" Dayton Wire Wheels with the backspacing so mis-measured the rims are sticking 5" out of the car.

"Rollin" gone full circle! :lol: