Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Foxbody owners please read [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Foxbody owners please read

Stangman
09-23-2008, 11:36 AM
I need a favor, I am having Dave (Blackhorse) come up with some custom stickers for my '88 when it gets painted... BUT I need someone who has a fox with a 5.0 that hasn't been painted or even touched on the outside to do me a big favor! pleeeaase?

I need you to look at your 5.0 emblem and measure how much space is below the emblem before the fender curves out to meet the LX moulding or GT effects, depending on your model. I plan to have a sticker made to fit right underneath the 5.0 emblem so I must get this accurate. Also measure how far in your emblem is from the back of the fender. When I paint my car I want to try and attach the emblems as CLOSE TO FACTORY location as humanly possible. Nothing bothers me more than a 5.0 fox with it's emblems all over the fenders.

Thanks a lot!

'92Stang
09-23-2008, 11:58 AM
1" from bottom to the start of fender roll. 2 1/4" to rear.;)

Stangman
09-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks Mike!

Stangman
09-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Just checked out another car.... Seems like the emblem is closer to the body line under them emblem on this one?

Anyone else?

Maybe I'll just use the average distance :lol:

IEATLT1
09-24-2008, 11:10 AM
they were stuck on by factory workers.... it'd be tough to find two cars the same...

Stangman
09-24-2008, 11:12 AM
That's what I was thinking as well, i would have assumed there would have been some sort of template for emblem placement... but thats just me..

I just hate when the emblems are waaay outta place. I want to make my car look decent and I also need emblem placement measurements for the stickers I am having made. Which means I suppose I could put them any place I want

R825OH
09-24-2008, 11:30 AM
I put them a heigth of the 5.0 to the bottom of the emblem

Stangman
09-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Just checked out your cardomain... that looks about perfect where they are. Good rule of measurement! :bigthumb