Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
looting during power outages [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : looting during power outages

plattner01
09-17-2008, 01:34 PM
was wondering if there was any looting during the power outages?

Holly
09-17-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm sure there are some low rent phuqers out there doing some looting. Which is exactly why I have been sleeping at my house (except one night), with my gun laying beside me, loaded.

DeckerEnt
09-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Lock and load Holly. I know Mine is ready and close at all times.
Keith

REDHOTGTGIRL
09-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Sunday night there was some punk kid trying to break into our neighbor's garage. We happened to pull into our driveway and catch him and he just took off. It is pathetic, I don't know why people do that. We took a drive that night to stop by and check on a few friends and we saw him again walking around in a group with another 5 or 6 kids. Made us a little nervous... AJ got out the shotgun.

latamud
09-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I'm not really good at it. I got half a box of pens, a used head gasket, and three bottle caps. Seriously though, I've come home three times and found my garage door F-ed with. Twice the upper right corner was pushed off the track and leaning into the garage. Once the door was lifted up about 1/2". I had to go out of town last weekend so I screwed the garage door shut and covered the window up so you can't see inside. I'm gonna run some nails through a plank and screw that into the window sill with the tips up for added, um ...security?

Mista Bone
09-17-2008, 05:30 PM
There was looting at a Blockbuster.........but around my area, nothing.

I know the first night, I noticed my neighbor was open carry his 1911......I had mine tucked into a waistband holster. Good to know neighbors think alike :)

Black92LX
09-17-2008, 05:41 PM
i know Kennedy Heights had some problems

Pops Fun
09-17-2008, 05:46 PM
I.m right next to Kennedy Heights and no problem here.... I was cutting wood and dragging limbs fully armed..... I wear mine IWB all the time!! Well where ever legal..:D

Maximus
09-17-2008, 05:50 PM
I heard a store in St Bernard got broke into...BUT one of the dudes got caught with $1700 worth of clothes!!:lol::bigthumb
F those FN Looters!!:mad:

PaulFiveOh
09-17-2008, 06:09 PM
I got some wheels and a blower from this speed shot that I looted.

It's the one where I keep shooting the window out.

1byafender
09-17-2008, 06:46 PM
yeah my car got broke into. the one night i forgot my wallet in it.

DSSKing68
09-19-2008, 11:58 AM
Some low rents stole about 2000.00 worth of copper conductors from my load banks outside. I am glad I didn't put 3000kw of power to it before I noticed it.

They hacked it off too, and the worst part about it is they can't be spliced. Now I need about 3200' of 500 kcmil to replace all of the power feed to the switchgear.

A**holes. I hope the crack they buy with the cash kills them.

Mista Bone
09-19-2008, 01:45 PM
That would have a left a nice char spot had you turned the power on!

POOF!

ADaughen
09-19-2008, 06:48 PM
I've come home three times and found my garage door F-ed with. Twice the upper right corner was pushed off the track and leaning into the garage. Once the door was lifted up about 1/2". I had to go out of town last weekend so I screwed the garage door shut and covered the window up so you can't see inside. I'm gonna run some nails through a plank and screw that into the window sill with the tips up for added, um ...security?

Seriously? Damn.

I was going to say, I hadn't seen any problems around my area. I keep the garage window covered, the back door isn't going to get kicked in. :bigthumb

My nosy neighbors across the street that NEVER leave always help, too. :D

LMK if you need a hand with that project. ;) Also, look into one of these:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3810051&CatId=1925 It isn't great, but its a start. Night vision, motion sensing, auto record.

If you still have the crappy back door (all the local homes seem to have had it) make sure you look into upgrading that, too. I don't know WTF anyone was thinking putting THAT door on there.

DSSKing68
09-20-2008, 11:55 AM
That would have a left a nice char spot had you turned the power on!

POOF!

Yea, with about 4600 amps running through them...it would have only left a skid mark.

SMOKE
09-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Wasn't exactly looting, but I was witness to a robbery/shooting Sunday night right outside my bedroom window... I'm not supposed to discuss details but I'm sure you can imagine it has been a long few days... :(

...more details in a later post.