Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
And the towns go dark..! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : And the towns go dark..!

Blackout
09-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Well I have to say this sucks, my phone is like my last lifeline. It does all my internet right now and keeps me up with the football scores.

Hows everyone else doing and what all damage did you all have. I only had a few broken limbs from my maples other than that good.

I have moved and now live in Franklin, and there is no power. They are saying that power is out everywhere. Some of the reports said that there are some areas that will be without power for a week or so. This crap is crazy!

ibstrokin
09-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Ive been without power since about 1 o'clock. I'm using a power inverter plugged into my truck to power my modem, and my laptop battery power to surf.

I have a few limbs down in the backyard, but some of my neighbors have shingle damage.

mustangboy
09-14-2008, 11:58 PM
We had a couple flickers but never really lost power. I guess we are lucky.

Carl
09-15-2008, 12:01 AM
My sister in Erlanger has no power....but my Mom who lives in Indepence a few minutes from Kenny still has it.

Black92LX
09-15-2008, 03:28 AM
parents 2 houses and grandparents house all in West Chester got ravaged.

All lost multiple trees, all will need new roofs.

RACEME
09-15-2008, 05:10 AM
power is out all over in Tri-county. My building seems to be one of the only ones on.

Jaylynn
09-15-2008, 07:31 AM
The Okeana report says - No Power since noontime yesterday

We lost a piece of facia (think that's the right word) on our sunroom gable.

Crossing my fingers power's on when we get home tonight. Planning a steak & chicken cookout i think with the food that's in the freezer melting........

dedpedal
09-15-2008, 07:44 AM
We had enough of a flicker to kill the alarm clocks but power has been solid since. No cable tho.

Stangman
09-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Been out since quarter til 3 yesterday, and been off since, Got our refridgerator and freezer running off of our neighbors generator, which is also running there fridge and freezer...

Last time we had a major outtage it was the winter storm of '04 and the power was out for 4 or so days, we lost our fridge and our phones. Insurance replaced them though

cobrajoe
09-15-2008, 08:36 AM
woke up about 1am (you know young un's crawling into my bed... Again) and the power was on (good job Cinergy!:bigthumb). Was getting nervous though we just went grocery shopping yesterday and had the fridge and freezer full! thought I was gonna loose it all!

untamed
09-15-2008, 04:59 PM
We never lost power at all but the cable went out about 11 last night and is still out. Darn!!!!!! How am I going to watch Prison Break tonight?

Holly
09-15-2008, 05:18 PM
How am I going to watch Prison Break tonight?

:HYF:

You get the fish for that comment Tracy!

I am worried about taking a shower, and all the rotten food in my fridge. :mad: The chick I sit next to offered to let me stay at her apartment, I think I might take her up on that, I can't take another night of laying in the dark without my fan on. Plus I'd LOVE a hot shower right now. We are going to get some wine, some wings, and watch football, in our jammies. :cool2:

dirtyone55
09-15-2008, 05:25 PM
power has been out since 1:00 yesterday, and still out, using a generator to run the refrigerator and the deep freeze. I am guessing most will be back on by tomorrow morning........ HOPEFULLY

black90lx
09-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Well I have to say this sucks, my phone is like my last lifeline. It does all my internet right now and keeps me up with the football scores.

Hows everyone else doing and what all damage did you all have. I only had a few broken limbs from my maples other than that good.

I have moved and now live in Franklin, and there is no power. They are saying that power is out everywhere. Some of the reports said that there are some areas that will be without power for a week or so. This crap is crazy!

I live in Franklin off of SR 122 and we have power but no cable or phone.

Sharad
09-15-2008, 05:26 PM
:HYF:
We are going to get some wine, some wings, and watch football, in our jammies. :cool2:

:postpix: Pics or BAN!

Just kidding... don't get me divorced or anything! I just thought the "in our jammies" comment was funny. :D

BIGRED Z
09-16-2008, 02:05 AM
We got power back about 5 this evening. No house damage, but our new shed we just bought in Spring is toast. Screw the plastic (rubbermaid) shed! Gonna build a real one this time.

Lot of our neighbors sustained shingle and siding damage. Our development is too new for any major tree damage. (Independence, KY).

Mista Bone
09-16-2008, 03:52 AM
28 hours without power..........taking a HOT shower in the dark, gotta love natural gas :)

89notch
09-16-2008, 05:37 AM
been without power since Sunday @ 1 and not expected to have it back until friday or sat. Im glad i have this generator and camper now. we had 160 fire runs at work on sunday and has kept a steady pace since then.

KobraII
09-16-2008, 08:09 AM
We lost power at 2 and we didn't have it for about 6 - 8 hours. My father ended up pulling out the generator he's had for a year but never used until Sunday. But my grandparents out in Erlanger still don't have power. I cleaned up the yard yesterday, and that pooped me out big time. I'm going to sleep good for the next couple of days

Stangman
09-16-2008, 08:13 AM
Heck I was soo bored from having no electricity sunday that I turned the music on my phone on and went to sleep around 9-10

We got power back yesterday afternoon I believe...

the only thing that sucks now is the gas prices!! :mad:

Jaylynn
09-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Okeana - STILL no power for us :-) - our road is closed for powerline down about 2 miles down our house. We're near a corner & can see the houses on the other street all have power - i swear they turned on every single light in every single room last night.......

I cooked a meal from the freezer (everything else gets thrown away i'm afraid) - frozen corn, frozen tater tots & chicken on the grill. Have 2 steaks left on ice but everything else is toast.

Black Horse
09-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Maybe you can run an extension cord across the street ;)

Jaylynn
09-16-2008, 01:25 PM
actually one neighbor offered that last night - we may take him up on it tonight if tim's too bored wo the tv ( secretly, i kind of like it)

Food in fridge\freezer is already a gonner so at this point it's really only a light & tv

RACEME
09-16-2008, 01:46 PM
( secretly, i kind of like it)

I know what your motives are!

IWRBB
09-16-2008, 04:58 PM
parents 2 houses and grandparents house all in West Chester got ravaged.

All lost multiple trees, all will need new roofs.

You shoulda seen me trying to save the siding on my house. If I had been out there 5 minutes later, it'd have all been gone from 2 sides. I got up on a ladder and ran screws right through the face to hold it on the house. Damn gusts were so strong it knocked me and the ladder right over, I was only on the 3rd step though, so no busted body parts. There were some gusts that had to be near 90 MPH though. While I was on the ladder, I watched my neighbor's screened porch roof blow off, up, and over their 2 story house. Gotta start calling for estimates to fix the siding tomorrow. I only lost 1 roof shingle though, I got some killer sticky shingles I guess. My neighbors lost a bunch of shingles. Only lost power for about 3 hours though, so that was cool.

Stolly113
09-16-2008, 08:50 PM
It is Tuesday and i Just Got Power At 8:30pm I Havent Had It Since 1:30pm On Sunday

DeckerEnt
09-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Still no power at my house. The Duke guys said that there was a tree limb on the wire somewhere on my side of the street. As soon as they find it, my power should be on tonight. All the power lines run behind the houses, right where all the trees are...WTF. Underground utilities FTW!!!!! Next house...
Keith

DeckerEnt
09-17-2008, 08:47 AM
My power went on last night around 2:00 am. I am sooooo happy.
Keith

Holly
09-17-2008, 08:56 AM
I am still out, but my brother is bringing me a generator tonight. At least I can take a shower at home instead of running all over the place in the morning.

This sucks.

Mr.Moontang
09-17-2008, 09:38 AM
I was still out this morning...

89notch
09-17-2008, 10:57 AM
my power just came back on still using my phone for internet though

vtecthis00
09-17-2008, 11:08 AM
The roads were a mess up here in Mount Orab. I actually was driving in it. Had a tree fall across the road on Della Palma taking down the power lines right infront of me. Was a crazy exsperience. I felt like I was running from a tornado. Swerving in and out of falling trees and branches. Luckily I have a nimble Miata. My Power was out till Tuesday about 9PM. Then I spent an entire day Monday searching for Gas to get home from work. Hope everyone made it threw the mighty wind storm of 08 without any problems. It was defently a day to remeber.

Blacksunshine
09-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Power has been out here for a week... We just got it back Friday night..Today !!! Awwhh what theck we talked alot... lol

Holly
09-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Duke showed up about a half hour ago and put caution tape around my pine trees - a limb is laying on my and my neighbor's main line. He told me to stay away from it. Uhhh dude, I wasn't going near it, I have no desire to be electrocuted. :rolleyes:

Hey Craig, thanks for telling me to move my car in the garage on Sunday, branch fell RIGHT where my car was parked! It would not of smashed it, but definitely would have scratched it up.

Dirtyd0g
09-23-2008, 02:24 AM
8 days of no power.....uh this sucked. 4pm sunday to 4pm monday... a week later...
Alan