Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
power outages [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : power outages

plattner01
09-14-2008, 01:38 PM
just had 3 quick 4min power outages in my area in nky, the last one sucked cause i just almost finished typing this and before i could post , bye bye power.

PaulFiveOh
09-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Do you live in the Country?

It doesn't surprise me with the wind blowing like it is, prob a high voltage line shorting out on something.

plattner01
09-14-2008, 01:47 PM
another one just as i was typing again, man i hate that

live in villa hills area

Dirtyd0g
09-14-2008, 02:04 PM
A ups is worth the investment. They help prevent killing pc's from power spikes too. I put ups's on everything after power surges killed a bunch of equipment in my house.
Alan

PaulFiveOh
09-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Lol I like your avatar DirtyD0G

Holly
09-14-2008, 02:57 PM
A branch fell on my neighbors boat, another neighbor's tree split down the middle, and I just had one of my pine tree branches fall on my power lines, I cannot believe the electric is not out. I'm freaking out right now, I'm surrounded by pine trees, and they are swaying like palm trees.

Stang849
09-14-2008, 03:03 PM
I've lost it for or five times this afternoon, the longest for about 20 mins. This wind sucks!!

Pops Fun
09-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Hi
We have hadd about 20 mini outages were the power quits of about 2 secs then comes back on. power is out at jays in milford.

Say a prayer for Tom and Connie supposed to land at 3:15.:eek::eek:

lost a big limb out in the yard..:mad:

Kwik92GT
09-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Big tree just down the street went down and power has gone off 3X now. It only goes out for a few seconds at a time. I'm in Dayton.

Pops Fun
09-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi
We have hadd about 20 mini outages were the power quits of about 2 secs then comes back on. power is out at jays in milford.

Just found out that Tom's plane is delayed and lands at 5pm

Steve

Silver Bullet
09-14-2008, 03:34 PM
:eek:I was coming home from a soccer game, trees everywhere, blocking the road.... it is a mess out there!:eek:

Mista Bone
09-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Just found out that Tom's plane is delayed and lands at 5pm

Steve

NO BODY landing or taking off, Delta hanger and a food service has lost their roofs, control tower has been evacuated.

satan jamez
09-14-2008, 04:18 PM
100+ trees and siding down and out here! Power was lost for 2+ hours straight, still windy as hell and hasn't let up yet :o

Mista Bone
09-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Just lost 1/2 a tree, it caught the cable line ripping it from the house but not hanging down to much, neighors shed blew against the house crushing the shed.

But I still have the internet!

Neighbor two houses down has lost shingles, report of damage to my old house.......which was right in a wind alley.

cstreu1026
09-14-2008, 04:30 PM
I was in class in Mason in a big glass building and we lost power. I decided that was a good time to go. I don't think its the best decision to weather a wind storm in a glass tower. There was tons or damage on the way home. There were several barns along US 42 that had lost roofs. One road I take was almost completely blocked and a car that was driving was hit by falling tree.

untamed
09-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi

Well Steve at least you did not have a big tree land on your truck again.

untamed
09-14-2008, 06:37 PM
:eek:I was coming home from a soccer game, trees everywhere, blocking the road.... it is a mess out there!:eek:

Just drive over them if you are in your BIG truck. :bigthumb

Rick93coupe
09-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Power has been out since around 1 here. I really like the wind though. been out looking around and there are whole trees uprooted around here everywhere. I just wish I could watch tv, I'm bored as hell. can't even really work in the garage.

cstreu1026
09-14-2008, 07:40 PM
We still have power. Thank god for underground utilities. We did have some damage to the house though. Some of the trim around the room came off and hit the Grand Cherokee. That really sucks because now we are going to have to fix ASAP because the lease is up on the 26th.

1992MustangDW
09-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Power out here, a hole shit load of trees down. thatnk goodness for 5th wheel camper... :)

50dan
09-14-2008, 08:24 PM
WOW, that was wicked!!! 70 MPH winds from noon til bout and hour ago. Trees down everywhere, power out everywhere, no gas station open, Meijer was tossing ALL cold stuff in bins and going to the garbage!!!! Man it was a crazy sight for Cincinnati Bridgetown area. Cheviot was a mess too, every road was closed, the Elk Lodge at Bridgetown and Harrison was burning, people were everywhere looking at all the damage. Man that was weird!!! Almost felt like a mild all day tornado. It was a bitch trying to keep the 66 Fairlane under cover!!! My street block is the only one with power within like 5-6 miles, or more... Everyone at the only gas station pumping gas right at the corner was saying Duke is telling them 2-5 days before power is restored caus most of their crews went South for Ike. :eek:

Pops Fun
09-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Well Steve at least you did not have a big tree land on your truck again.

Well it happen again... That truck is a magnet to trees..:lol:
Just a small dent this time..:)

Power was out for 4 hours lucky I guess

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/Popsfun/Car%20Stuff/Overalltighter.jpg (http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/Popsfun/Car%20Stuff/?action=view&current=Overalltighter.jpg)

tcorns
09-14-2008, 09:47 PM
nothing in highland county for power right now. been that way since about 3 pm. my wife and i hung out at the firehouse and i made a few runs this evening. the clinton county ema director was telling us to be prepared for at least 2-3 days before power.
i have to love this broadband card and laptop. other then that i have a generator powering 1 light in my house. wife says that she is about ready to move to the camper for the night. maybe tommorow i will post up some video of todays festivities.
hope eveyone is fine!

trev

MsBlkramair
09-14-2008, 09:58 PM
ur power went out for 2 1/2 hours this afternoon, which was fine. I took a nice long nap to recover from a hangover. My parents and friends were out all day and still out now. I invited everyone to come over for the night, but nobody took me up on the offer. Mom and Dad came over for dinner and football

Blonde_5.0
09-14-2008, 10:42 PM
well our electric went out around 2 and has been out since....had to empty freezer and fridge to take to parents since they have a generator....but a tree blocked our raod and took down our power lines as well... we are just hoping that isnce the sherriff station is right down the road we will be up soon.... as for right now we are with a friend who has electric... but my unlikey butt has to work tomorrow since downtown has their lines underground

Rick93coupe
09-14-2008, 10:53 PM
My power came back up at @ 9:45, I was in a deep sleep till the fan and light came on in my room.

ibstrokin
09-14-2008, 11:16 PM
I lost power around 1, and it's still off.

beefcake
09-15-2008, 07:06 AM
i was out until 1:30 or 2:00 am

bobtsgt
09-15-2008, 08:40 AM
i was out until 1:30 or 2:00 am

bastard :D We still don't have any as of 7AM. Got down here to work and we have power and all but we remotely connect to our server down the street. And yes they don't have power and called off work. So now all orders have to be written down and inputed later on :mad:

We only lost a couple pieces of siding and the tree next to the garage split. Borrowed a neighbors chain saw and took the rest down.

Holly
09-15-2008, 08:48 AM
My electricity came on at 10:30 last night, for twenty minutes, then went back out again, and is still out. :mad: I came to work, I was having internet withdrawals. :lol:

Blonde_5.0
09-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Our power is still out and I have to come to work....but at least i can get a hot shower here before I leave tonight...

DeckerEnt
09-15-2008, 08:56 AM
My shop in Fort Wright has power AND internet but my home in Fort Mitchell has no power. Weird.
Keith

Stangman
09-15-2008, 09:36 AM
I know where Keith is going to be haning out! :lol:

'92Stang
09-15-2008, 09:59 AM
No power since 1 pm yesterday, roads impassable due to trees down either direction. Thank god for horses, and generators.:bigthumb

Stangman
09-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Horses can go places that 4x4's can't... right Mike?

Stang 38L
09-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Power still out on my Delhi street as well. Atleast work has power.. yay! Not.

Stangman
09-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Atleast work has power.. yay! Not.

I hear that one! Atleast the internet is high speed here! :lol:

Mr.Moontang
09-15-2008, 10:54 AM
I hear that one! Atleast the internet is high speed here! :lol:

Same here!!!
Just got to work, there is power here so I am charging my cell phone and I also brought in some of our food to put in the fridge and freezer.

holeshot
09-15-2008, 10:57 AM
I was at the Bengals game which sucked ass. Got hit in the face with a wrapper from a cheese pretzel at about 60 mph and had cheese all over my face and it got in my mouth. mmm cheese...(good thing I was drunk). haha. Then I get home and find half of my tree sitting on the back of my Mustang. I still have no power, and I am not sure how much damage it did to the Mustang. FUCK IKE!

Stangman
09-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Same here!!!
Just got to work, there is power here so I am charging my cell phone and I also brought in some of our food to put in the fridge and freezer.

Great minds think alike!!

REDHOTGTGIRL
09-15-2008, 12:30 PM
We lost power about 1pm yesterday and it didn't come back on until midnight. Fortunately we live right on Beechmont, so I think that is why we have power restored. A lot of our other friends are still in the dark. That was quite an experience!! I haven't seen anything like that in my life. They say it was basically a tropical storm/hurricane without the rain. I tell you, that's as much of a hurricane as I ever want to see!! I feel really bad for the people in TX/LA, they have it much worse than we do.

Stang 38L
09-15-2008, 12:44 PM
I was at the Bengals game which sucked ass. Got hit in the face with a wrapper from a cheese pretzel at about 60 mph and had cheese all over my face and it got in my mouth. mmm cheese...(good thing I was drunk). haha. FUCK IKE!

HAHAH I busted out laughing at work from reading that!

PONYGRL
09-15-2008, 01:32 PM
I was at the Bengals game which sucked ass. Got hit in the face with a wrapper from a cheese pretzel at about 60 mph and had cheese all over my face and it got in my mouth. mmm cheese...(good thing I was drunk). haha. Then I get home and find half of my tree sitting on the back of my Mustang. I still have no power, and I am not sure how much damage it did to the Mustang. FUCK IKE!

Haha you were probably the one then! Some lil kids sittin in front of me and my bf came back to their seats all ecstatic telling their dad they saw someone get drilled in the face with nacho cheese. But yeah, the game totally sucked... and so did the drive home. But I had and still have power so I can't complain.

Silver Bullet
09-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Just drive over them if you are in your BIG truck. :bigthumb

I would have, but I was in my car!:(

plattner01
09-15-2008, 02:40 PM
well have power at the office , but still no power at the house. It came on for like 14 mins at midnight then off again. had to throw everything out of the fridge and forgot to put garbage out so had to bring all that to office dumpster. If power not on back at house tonite when i get home , i guess i will be sleeping in my office tonite.

Stang 38L
09-15-2008, 02:43 PM
If your office has beer, which I bet it does... then thats not a bad thing!!

Stangman
09-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Apparently the power is back on at my house now, not sure when it came back on, I texted my dad and he said it was

holeshot
09-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Haha you were probably the one then! Some lil kids sittin in front of me and my bf came back to their seats all ecstatic telling their dad they saw someone get drilled in the face with nacho cheese. But yeah, the game totally sucked... and so did the drive home. But I had and still have power so I can't complain.

Haha, yeah that could have been me.

Mother nature pretty much threw a pie in my face....except it was nacho cheese. Then she shit on me by putting a tree into my Mustang.

Stangman
09-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Hope the Stang isnt hurt too bad...

I was worried about my Mustang II yesterday...

Blonde_5.0
09-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Power is still out in Colerain where we live and the tree is still in the middle of the road along with the power lines....

so since everything is working downtown I guess the neighbors and I will be eating the wendys I bring home....

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Amazingly ours only flickered on and off a few times last night and it's been on ever since. There's a street about 1/4 mile down from me with a tree uprooted that fell over some electric lines so a lot of people don't have power by me. Ours goes out just about every time we get a good storm so i'm shocked that it's on.

beefcake
09-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Amazingly ours only flickered on and off a few times last night and it's been on ever since. There's a street about 1/4 mile down from me with a tree uprooted that fell over some electric lines so a lot of people don't have power by me. Ours goes out just about every time we get a good storm so i'm shocked that it's on.

your fine at 2 times, the 3rd is when it goes out

Mista Bone
09-15-2008, 09:38 PM
About 15 minutes after my last post power went out, just came back on less than an hour ago, about 28 hours without power.

Stang 38L
09-16-2008, 08:20 AM
We got power back last night at 9:00.

8NO4CYL
09-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Power back on now, been out since 2pm Sunday. Trees and limbs down everywhere. :eek:

DeckerEnt
09-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Still no power at my house. Hope it comes back on today. No sense bitching about it. I am just camping out with a really sturdy tent.
Keith

Holly
09-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Still no power at my house. Hope it comes back on today. No sense bitching about it.

I got home last night and my whole neighborhood was outside cutting tree branches. I packed my shit and left, stayed with a friend. I can handle everything except no shower before coming to work in the morning, that just makes for a bad day for me. I had my friend Kelley come down last night and I gave her all my food, in the freezer and fridge. The fridge stuff was pretty much rotten, but the freezer stuff was still good.

I heard New Richmond isn't getting electric until Thursday or Friday.

Like you said, no sense bitching about it, nothing we can do about it, but it sure does make you see everything in a different light. I'm very thankful for everything I do have, and I realize that a lot more now.

Stangman
09-16-2008, 08:56 AM
I bet there are a lot of people out there thinking about getting a generator or two now...

holeshot
09-16-2008, 09:06 AM
I agree with you Holly.

I still have no power at my house and they said it could be the weekend before it comes back on. It really makes you think about how much we depend on electricity. The house I live in was built in the 1860's...and I can only imagine what life must have been like living there without electricity. I mean I am having withdrawls from not being able to check my fantasy football teams and myspace. haha. (they blocked all that here at work) But, at least Stangbangerz.com still works!!

Oh yeah, be careful when cutting fallen trees. A branch snapped back and hit me in the head and I was seeing stars and a nice stream of blood on the side of my head.

Nacho cheese to the face....$5
Tree fallen on Mustang...$ not sure yet
Getting cold cocked in the head by that same tree...$ Headache

Being owned by IKE......Priceless.

IKE = FAIL

99Slobra
09-16-2008, 09:36 AM
I lost power around 2 on sunday so I pulled out my Blue top and the inverter and finished watching the race.

Power came back on by 630 sunday night.

Stangman
09-16-2008, 09:39 AM
I lost power around 2 on sunday so I pulled out my Blue top and the inverter and finished watching the race.

Now that is hardcore :bigthumb

glassman
09-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Home Depot had 2 people standing on beechmont at 11:30-12:00 last night with signs saying they had generators. I Guess they stayed open late for people because they usally close at 10:00.

Rob
09-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Man i should have called Home Depot, I think i called everyone but them. I was lucky enough that my good friend Dave Fiscus had power so i used his generator for a few days. Just got power out here this morning. Hope everyone is doing well

MsBlkramair
09-16-2008, 11:21 AM
I was at the grocery store yesterday, there was 30 people standing in line at the ice cooler (which was empty). They were WAITING for the ice truck delivery! wow, so thankful I had electricity.

Holly
09-16-2008, 11:50 AM
I was at the grocery store yesterday, there was 30 people standing in line at the ice cooler (which was empty). They were WAITING for the ice truck delivery! wow, so thankful I had electricity.

I stopped at Biggs at the Beechmont Levy last night and there were about 50 people standing around, close to the registers. I stopped and asked some dude what was going on, he said they were waiting on the ice truck, it was due in any time. I paid for my beer and got the hell outta there. My friend that I work with lives across the street at Spindle Hill, I spent the night there. Going home to sleep in the dark tonight. :mad:

Mr.Moontang
09-16-2008, 12:16 PM
I still was with no power as of this morning when I left for work...

1992MustangDW
09-16-2008, 12:43 PM
still no power here, hard telling when it will be back on, we are close to fayetteville so we are not with duke.

Imagine what it is like down in texas.

Blonde_5.0
09-16-2008, 01:06 PM
We finally got power back last night around 8....

Jaylynn
09-16-2008, 01:23 PM
we're still without power and it's not really so bad - the weather's been comfortable & we don't have tree damage. (have a little wind damage) It's kind of like camping in a really nice place (our house) - candles, food on grill etc - not really so bad in the scheme of things.

Kind of like being in real-life little house on the prairie :-)

02mingryGT
09-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Never lost power but lost cable/internet. Lost the awning over the front porch but otherwise unscathed. Good luck to everyone on getting your power up.

5.0calypso93lx
09-16-2008, 02:59 PM
I still was with no power as of this morning when I left for work...

Same here... Just found out that the Falls apartments that are on the other side of the sidestreet I live off of has power but not us...

BUHBYY
09-16-2008, 03:29 PM
My neighbor is a lineman for duke and he said that they do not have enough transformers to fix what is broke ??? told me I am looking at thursday !!!:(

99Slobra
09-16-2008, 09:48 PM
I work at Cox and tylersville and we got power back around 230

bobtsgt
09-17-2008, 09:16 AM
we got ours back this morning sometime. Now I can use air tools again :D

Drivermod
09-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Still no power here. I can see lights all around me but we are without. On the bright side. I cannot go to work either. Nothin like an unexpected vacation.:bigthumb

mustangchick
09-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Still no power. Been out since Sunday around 2 PM. So ready for it to come back on.

Holly
09-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Still no power. Been out since Sunday around 2 PM. So ready for it to come back on.

I left work early, I heard New Richmond was back on, and it is.

I'm bleaching out my fridge, doing laundry, and just cleaning, it looks like a tornado hit inside my house too, from me running in and out in the dark for the past 3 days, just throwing stuff wherever. Can't wait for a nice long hot shower in my OWN house.

Knockin on wood that it stays on....... ;)

'92Stang
09-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Still no power, 20+ gallons of gas later. Everything in the deepfreeze still frozen. Fock Ike.:flipoff:....I love generators:bigthumb

PaulFiveOh
09-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Just got mine back in Loveland. Fuck yes. 81 Hours of being Amish is over.

Stangman
09-18-2008, 08:34 AM
81 Hours of being Amish is over.

:lol: that was funny! Did ya grow one of those giant beards too??

quik lx
09-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Still no power here. I can see lights all around me but we are without. On the bright side. I cannot go to work either. Nothin like an unexpected vacation.:bigthumb

I hear ya, 3 days at home (no daycare) kinda nice. We got power last night finally. off to work today!:o