Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
So, what would YOU do? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So, what would YOU do?

BIGRED Z
09-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Ron bought a new work van today. They wanted $2750, he offers $2300. They accept, but for reasons unknown, only end up charging $1300. We checked the bill of sale thinking he may have just keyed in the wrong price on the charge slip, but no...he even wrote in $1300 on the bill of sale.

Of course, our first reaction was, "Sweet! A grand off!" But then I started envisioning some poor schmuck with 6 starving kids at home getting fired because he lost his boss a thousand dollars. Hellfire isn't worth a thousand dollars. I anticipate a call on Moday anyway when someone notices the mistake. I'll answer the phone and do the right thing. But what if they don't call?

So what would you do?

juiced347
09-13-2008, 12:38 AM
i'd let them know first thing

YouGotJunk
09-13-2008, 02:42 AM
If you feel in your heart that it is the wrong thing to do, tell them. If not, forget about it and enjoy the sweet deal you got.

Silver Bullet
09-13-2008, 04:02 AM
If you feel in your heart that it is the wrong thing to do, tell them. If not, forget about it and enjoy the sweet deal you got.

Agreed.... do the right thing.... Just remember, what comes around goes around.

RIXXX93GT
09-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Sounds like you know whats right ...so now you just have to act on it.

BIGRED Z
09-16-2008, 02:00 AM
Yeah, we called first thing Saturday morning. No one answered, we left a message. Tues now, still haven't heard anything.

I did my part and tried to contact them. Well, I DID contact them. But I'm not begging someone to take the money. Especially after Ike blew down the $950 shed we just bought in Spring.

Ron was saying wouldn't it be ironic if they were avoiding our call because they thought we were complaining about the van?

02mingryGT
09-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Yeah, we called first thing Saturday morning. No one answered, we left a message. Tues now, still haven't heard anything.

I did my part and tried to contact them. Well, I DID contact them. But I'm not begging someone to take the money. Especially after Ike blew down the $950 shed we just bought in Spring.

Ron was saying wouldn't it be ironic if they were avoiding our call because they thought we were complaining about the van?

Possibly they don't have power, thus can't access v-mail. Good luck on keeping it.

IWRBB
09-16-2008, 04:49 PM
The same thing happened on my Mom's new car about 10 years back. My parents tried to show them they screwed up when the paperwork was being processed, but they said "No, that's the right price". A day later, they called asking for the money they left out. We paid it.

Holly
09-16-2008, 05:00 PM
One word... KARMA.

What goes around, comes around. Do the right thing. ;)

Mr.Moontang
09-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Sounds like you know whats right ...so now you just have to act on it.
I agree

jaystang44
09-17-2008, 09:26 AM
well maybe he felt bad and knew it was only worth 1300 or could have let it go for 1300 so he did the right thing and gave it to you for that price....ever think about it that way?

now what if his boss finds out he let it go for 1300 instead of 2300 like the deal was and he gets fired anyway....all bc you tried to do the "good" thing to do... I cant say the right thing yet bc I dont know what happened after it all got cleared up....

so what happened any way??????????

BIGRED Z
09-18-2008, 06:13 AM
We called first thing Sat morning and left them a message about it, haven't heard back.

These people are in Dayton, so the power outage didn't affect them.

I'm not going to call everyday and beg them to correct the mistake. I called, did the right thing, ain't heard back. My conscious is clean.

04 Venom
09-18-2008, 09:53 AM
We called first thing Sat morning and left them a message about it, haven't heard back.

I'm not going to call everyday and beg them to correct the mistake. I called, did the right thing, ain't heard back. My conscious is clean.

If you bring the mistake to their attention and they fail to act, you did your part.

cstreu1026
09-18-2008, 10:30 AM

I am affraid you have some misinformation there. Nearly 60% of Dayton Power & Light customers were without power after the storm.

ADaughen
09-18-2008, 01:15 PM
I am affraid you have some misinformation there. Nearly 60% of Dayton Power & Light customers were without power after the storm.

+85,000 as of this morning. :(

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Those of you speaking about karma....

What if this is payback for some good deed that he's done and this IS karma coming around to reward him with a sweet deal on this van?

:D

NXcoupe
09-18-2008, 01:51 PM

You're kidding right? I just got power back yesterday and people are looking at next Monday to Tuesday to get theirs back on.

Holly
09-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Those of you speaking about karma....

What if this is payback for some good deed that he's done and this IS karma coming around to reward him with a sweet deal on this van?

:D

Could be!! You never know how Karma is going to get you, but one way or another, it does eventually. ;)

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-18-2008, 02:15 PM
It would be one thing if he intentionally deceived someone to get a discount or if he did the deal knowing in advance that he was ripping someone off.

ibstrokin
09-18-2008, 11:43 PM
The fact that you had to ask is an indication of your guilt. The truth shall set you free.

Rick93coupe
09-18-2008, 11:49 PM
The fact that you had to ask is an indication of your guilt. The truth shall set you free.

So much for global warming, hell hath just froze over. :D

Brian quoting the bible.. whew, what's next.... peace in the middle east?:lol:

BIGRED Z
09-19-2008, 02:05 AM

Actually, the indication of my guilt was pretty well spelled out when I described envisioning the salesguy with 6 starving kids getting fired after losing his boss a grand. ;)

BIGRED Z
09-23-2008, 08:49 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Checked the statement today and the van we bought did cost 2300 after all. They just charged the remainder to the account without the proper signatures, or even call to let us know. But hey, at least WE did the right thing. Now we know why they never bothered calling back...but i thought that was the least they could have done.

Technically I could totally fight that credit card charge and be successful since all the paerwork says 1300. I won't of course. But it does burn me a little that they just threw on the charge without so much as a courtesycall, a kiss my ass...nothing.