Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Political propaganda [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Political propaganda

Paul408Notch
09-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Holy shit I get tired of seeing propaganda threads. It amazes me how many of them there are, and how completely useless they are. Do you really think that posting out-of-context quotes from Obama is going to sway people to vote for McCain? Or that ripping on Palin's family is going to get people to vote for Obama? The only things that political propaganda threads do are cause tension and animosity between site members who are of opposite views. It's fucking ridiculous, and it really sucks that I have to see more and more of them pop up over the next 2 months.

Black Horse
09-09-2008, 09:27 AM
While I do not like propoganda, it does give me opportunity to research what has been said and based on what I find (on what other people say) form my own opinion. Think of it as catalyst.

We are adults and should be able to debate as such. If you get your shorts in a bunch because of what someone said about a political candidate you support, then you are immature. Politics are politics....if you don't like it, go change it.

But with that being said....I dont look forward to the next two months, especially living in the hot bed of Ohio. All the ads, all the attacks, all the bullshit. Makes me not want to vote for anyone.

My grandparents were right, never talk politics or religion with your friends unless you can have an open mind and admit to being wrong.

Pops Fun
09-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi
I stopped reading them, there is enough on the tube.... you have to do your own research on all ad's of course.
I wish they would both just run on the facts not attack each other!!

04 Venom
09-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Unfortunately negative campaign ads work; Karl Rove made a career of it. It also causes cynicism among the voters.

02mingryGT
09-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Unfortunately negative campaign ads work; Karl Rove made a career of it. It also causes cynicism among the voters.

Let's not forget the "Daily Kos"

nskaats
09-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Holy shit I get tired of seeing propaganda threads. It amazes me how many of them there are, and how completely useless they are. Do you really think that posting out-of-context quotes from Obama is going to sway people to vote for McCain? Or that ripping on Palin's family is going to get people to vote for Obama? The only things that political propaganda threads do are cause tension and animosity between site members who are of opposite views. It's fucking ridiculous, and it really sucks that I have to see more and more of them pop up over the next 2 months.

:agree: I don't post in them and only read in them if I'm REALLY bored. I just hate having to sift through the political threads to find the good ones.

k062693w
09-09-2008, 11:12 AM
:agree:------------:agree:------------:agree:---------:agree:
My only comment will be..... Out of 300 Million Americans, This is the BEST Two that we could come up with ?????? :rolleyes:

mach_u
09-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Personally I REALLY enjoy debating - just ask my wife! :lol: I really think it is good to have public discussion and after all it is obviously a very important issue. I say if you don't like the discussion, don't click the thread... ;). Political discussion among friends can be a blast. My best friend in the world of 10+ years is a die hard liberal and the two of us have discussed politics over a cold one many times and it has nver hurt our friendship once. It's all about having tough skin, avoiding personal attacks and having fun! :)

04 Venom
09-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Personally I REALLY enjoy debating - just ask my wife! :lol: I really think it is good to have public discussion and after all it is obviously a very important issue. I say if you don't like the discussion, don't click the thread... ;). Political discussion among friends can be a blast. My best friend in the world of 10+ years is a die hard liberal and the two of us have discussed politics over a cold one many times and it has nver hurt our friendship once. It's all about having tough skin, avoiding personal attacks and having fun! :)

I guess I should confess that I enjoy arguing as well--if that was not evident before. :bigthumb

Mista Bone
09-09-2008, 02:19 PM

Why I try to stay out of them, and have for the most part.

:popcorn::popcorn:

Gonna be a long twp months, I've got extra popcorn :)

Waffles
09-09-2008, 04:23 PM
I guess I should confess that I enjoy arguing as well--if that was not evident before. :bigthumb

If only you could do so intelligently... :rolleyes:

04 Venom
09-09-2008, 04:30 PM
If only you could do so intelligently... :rolleyes:

Well, here we have the poster boy for the failure of the American educational system talking smack again. You keep taking beatdowns and you come back for more. :lol:

Flaming87lx
09-09-2008, 06:48 PM
I agree, political posts should be banned, this website is for fun, help, parts, and support. Not for pissing people off!!!!!!!

Mista Bone
09-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Hey Paul, your point is proven :)

mustangjon
09-10-2008, 12:00 AM
They are amusing to read, personally there should be a category for them or the whippin room tho :lol:

Mista Bone
09-10-2008, 04:01 AM
Political propaganda BS forum in with the whipping room, great idea Jon.