Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Workers Comp Claim Question [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Workers Comp Claim Question

Greg Seibert
08-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Well, it finally happened to me:eek:........OUCH! I injured my knee adaquetly to require a trip to the ER via the local Ambulance. I fell while working on my inventory (removing parts boxes) at the rear hatch area of the company car, in my driveway at my home office, after tripping on one of the wifes Shelties. Workers Comp denied my claim, saying the company didn't own the dog? We do have Medical Insurance at work, but the co-pay, limits and customary coverage will have me paying out of pocket charges, which could get ugly, if recovery doesn't go well. I was wondering if anyone has locked horns recently with Workers Comp, and if so, could give me some pointers on weather to seek legal counsel or not.

mustangjon
08-22-2008, 08:06 PM
well it all depends on your workers comp setup.. if it covers only on property.. or off property in/around vehicle ect.. I would say you could prolly fight it with legal counsel, most worker comp company's try to deny any and everything and fight you for everything. Until a suit is threatened or issued they wont pay.

Greg Seibert
08-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks John.
Did you have fun at T.H. the other night?

mustangjon
08-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Yah of course, too bad i couldnt stay longer.. but had a date to be too lol... and of course i left to only be stood up go figure. Anytime at a track is fun.. just need to get some more track time on myself and the car... but it wont prolly see any more till after my build is done.. prolly conclude the season with a few more passes in oct.. as i plan to finish build the weekend of sept 20th. Of course depends how many hands come out to help out too lol.

But yah workers comp shit is always a pain in ass.. i hurt my shoulder a month or so ago.. wasnt going to doc, but informed our HR "incase" later problems would arise to document it as supposed to. And of course they try telling me i pulled it in my sleep, did this that or another and it didnt happen at work... It was like how and the hell did it only start to hurt at work then.:lol:

PaulFiveOh
08-22-2008, 10:29 PM
This may be a good time to retain a workers comp lawyer.

You can get seriously fucked by this system.

94tchikinv8
08-23-2008, 12:33 PM
This may be a good time to retain a workers comp lawyer.

You can get seriously fucked by this system.

I have been getting fucked repeatedly by this system since 12-06. I'm not exactly sure how yours will play out though because of the particular circumstances. If your company is self-insured like mine is, they will fight you tooth and nail. Even if you don't retain a "worthless" attorney like Doug Casper, you might want to consult with one to make sure your claim is valid and worth pursuing instead of just using your health insurance if you have it.

-Rob

1992MustangDW
08-23-2008, 03:19 PM
I was just in a bad wreck coming back from work in a company truck, the boss was driving, they had nerve enough to try and deny my claim, so I hired a lawyer, now everything is rolling pretty good.