Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Lightning mass air plug [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Lightning mass air plug

Steves LX
08-21-2008, 09:49 AM
I have a Lightning mass air meter that I am going to install. I have a plug for it from Ford that has 4 wires comeing off of it and two empty spots. If I lay the lightning plug down next to my old plug which is for a fox body mass air OBD1 does the wires get hooked up the same way. What I mean is can I cut the first wire on the old harness and hook the first wire on the new plug harness to where the old one was and so on down the line or is the wiring different?

facemelter71
08-21-2008, 10:41 AM
They make a jumper just for that.I had one when i had my Lightning meter.You do know the 90mm is way to big for that motor,right.

fst 5pto
08-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Yeah Steve buy the adapter, they are really cheap. And that meter is not too big.

Steves LX
08-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Well I know there is an adaptor out there but why spend money on that when I can hard wire it myself. The plug I have on my car right now is hard wired. The new plug I got has like a foot of wire comeing off of it. I just need to know if its a direct swap wire for wire or if they go in a differnt order.

As far as being to big for my 306 I know 4 guys right now running them with milder combo's than mine without absolutely no problems at all with a SCT chip or different computer.

Jeff88coupe
08-21-2008, 12:00 PM
I think I have it written down at home. I just did this swap on my coupe earlier this year. I just bought the newer plug style pigtail....spliced it into the mas harness. My pigtail came with wiring directions. I'll see if I can find them tonight.

Steves LX
08-21-2008, 12:04 PM
I think I have it written down at home. I just did this swap on my coupe earlier this year. I just bought the newer plug style pigtail....spliced it into the mas harness. My pigtail came with wiring directions. I'll see if I can find them tonight.

cool appreciate it

facemelter71
08-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Oh,cool.I thought you were going to just wire it up and fire it.As long as it has a chip.
http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=582365&highlight=90mm+lightning&page=3
I found that,thought you might want to read it for the info on the harness.

Steves LX
08-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Oh,cool.I thought you were going to just wire it up and fire it.As long as it has a chip.
http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=582365&highlight=90mm+lightning&page=3
I found that,thought you might want to read it for the info on the harness.

Appreciate it Andy

Jeff88coupe
08-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Here is what you need...basically what I had written down at home.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/white99gt/maf-connectors.gif

dedpedal
08-23-2008, 07:51 AM
Dunno if you can, but when I swapped the VAM for the turbo coupe motor into the 93, I just repinned the connector with the existing wires in the harness. Much cleaner and no soldering.

Stangman
08-24-2008, 02:34 AM
I would definitely cut and splice the new lightning MAF harness in Steve, your stock MAF connector is already just about shot anyway. Just make sure you get some heat-shrink tubing and put over the wires before you connect them permanently so you weather-proof the connections. And splice them far enough back to where you can hide the wiring in your black wire loom ;)

Oh... and let me know what you're gonna do with your C&L :bigthumb