Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Mass air meter [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mass air meter

Steves LX
08-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Does anyone on here know anything about the 80MM mass airs that came on the Lincoln Mark VIII. Do they work on the fox bodies with a 4" Anderson power pipe or are they no better than the C&l's? I would be putting this in the fenderwell.

kennebellcobra
08-18-2008, 07:46 PM
You would need to get a tune and if you are going to do that the 90mm lightning fits 4" and they are cheap

Steves LX
08-18-2008, 07:53 PM
You would need to get a tune and if you are going to do that the 90mm lightning fits 4" and they are cheap

Well here's the dilemma. I was going to get a 90MM lightning but I talked to Rick at Anderson Motorsports today and he tells me that I might as well just keep my C&L if I am going to get a Lightning meter. They are pretty much the same and have the same problems. I would also need a chip to run that meter. He suggested that I get a Abboco or a PMASS velocity meter. Both are pretty steep on price brand new. I can't seem to fing a PMASS velocity meter used nowhere in the whole country.

12seclx
08-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Rick is partial to the Abaco and Pmas set-ups because he makes more money off of them... I'm tickled with my 90mm Lightning... $79 and ready to rock and roll... He told me 3 years ago it wouldn't work on my car and it seems to be doing pretty well... over 300 rwhp,,, stock cam, untouched p-heads...

Here's the way I look at it but I'm not a "guru" like Rick....
The LMAF was designed and used by Ford on a boosted 5.4L.....
IF it was as innacurate as he claims, I think there would have
been Lightnings lined up at the dealership w/ blown headgaskets....

I can email you some dyno sheets and you can look at my A/F curve.:cool1:

kennebellcobra
08-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Well here's the dilemma. I was going to get a 90MM lightning but I talked to Rick at Anderson Motorsports today and he tells me that I might as well just keep my C&L if I am going to get a Lightning meter. They are pretty much the same and have the same problems. I would also need a chip to run that meter. He suggested that I get a Abboco or a PMASS velocity meter. Both are pretty steep on price brand new. I can't seem to fing a PMASS velocity meter used nowhere in the whole country.

My lightning meter seems to work on the cobra with a MD tune...maybe Rick needs to talk to Ken

12seclx
08-18-2008, 10:15 PM
My lightning meter seems to work on the cobra with a MD tune...maybe Rick needs to talk to Ken

Yeah, what he said!!!!!:D

Walter
08-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Just get an 05up meter (electronics) and get a bung welded in the power pipe.

331TwistedWedge
08-18-2008, 11:37 PM
i just ordered the 90mm lightning mass air meter and the conversion harness ... thanks curt for the link ... ken will work his magic and get this rolling ...

those c&l meters can hug my root ...

Jeff88coupe
08-19-2008, 10:03 AM
I've used both a 76mm and 80mm C&L and a 90mm lighting mass air meter on my 347. All 3 worked good for me. I currently use a 90mm lmas with a 4" anderson powerpipe.