Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
cam question [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : cam question

93bossgt
08-14-2008, 10:20 PM
i have a 93 gt 5.0 it's completely stock, and i want to know what is the biggest cam i can use if i don't change anything on the motor. i read in last months issue of 5.0 magazine that without changing the heads or anything the FRPP (E) cam is the biggest cam i can use. Anyone care to give me an answer? i would really appreciate it if you guys on here would help me out.

aperacer
08-15-2008, 07:44 AM
i put an frpp x-303 cam in my wifes car.. no problems.. but i would check clearance if possable. that was also 4 deg. advanced.

mustang8998
08-15-2008, 06:52 PM
You might want to get this thread moved, to the winsor section.

Most of these guys don't know a pushrod, from a salad fork, LOL!

But Alans right. You should be able to run a 303-X, but you should always check clearence.

Another thing to consider. Bigger, doesn't always equate to better. If you motor is stock, with no bolt ons, a bigger cam may be a big waste. It is the sum of all parts, that determine cam size.

1992MustangDW
08-15-2008, 08:28 PM
I have a x cam in mine, like previously stated you need other parts to go with it, but if you have the motor out go ahead and put the cam in.

Jeff88coupe
08-15-2008, 09:15 PM
For a completely stock motor with no real bolt-ons (bigger intake/exhaust)...a cam isn't gonna do much for you. You need to make the whole motor breath (in and out) better. A tfs stage 1 is also a good cam to look at for a stockish motor.

93bossgt
08-15-2008, 09:55 PM
well, i'm getting ready to put a BBK SSI upper and lower on and then a 75mm throttle body, along with some new heads, not sure which one's at the moment, but maybe some dart iron eagles. I was asking because i wasn't sure i wanted to spend a crap load of money, but obviously i'm going to now. Anyhow, i'm relatively new to building cars and i'm just trying to get a little information. i figured you guys on here could point someone new in the right direction.

Jeff88coupe
08-16-2008, 09:49 AM
I would put a plan together. Get a list of all the parts (heads/cam/intake) that you want to get...list it here. Make sure it's all gonna work together well. Then get the parts and put them on all together. Keeps you from taking things apart 2-3 times.