Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Crack Pipes and Pintos !!!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Crack Pipes and Pintos !!!!!

k062693w
08-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Can you believe the price this guy is asking for a PINTO????
I want some of what he's smoking LMAO
http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/792727810.html

I know older cars go up in value, and that right now gas savers are hot.. But Come On !!!!!

graysonracin
08-12-2008, 08:55 PM
You mean you wouldnt trade your car for that one? :lol: Thats one sweet ride imagine all the chicks a guy could get.

k062693w
08-12-2008, 09:13 PM
That thing wouldn't be worth $10,000 if there was $9,000 in the car!!!! LMAO
And if I'm wrong, then my car should be worth at least $20,000

Buckeye
08-14-2008, 03:13 PM
I whould love to have it but 2000.00 is top dollar at most

Mavowar
08-14-2008, 03:24 PM
I see it different.....

Its pretty rare and good shape....

I know I will take heat for this:flipoff:but if you have seen one Mustang you have seen them all...

Hell you could find a mustang hubcap or gas Cap on the side of the road and use that for the basis of a full restoration:D

Be a man build an old cougar/galaxy/maverick/pinto/fairlane and then I will admire your ride for your cunning, wheeling ,dealing and ingenuity. It's ten times harder to find parts and to find cars in good shape....and when you do you will pay ten times more:rolleyes:

I'd pay 8k for that pinto if I was building one. It's clean less stuff to find....

i think you mustang guys just have gotten so used to having 99 percent of the parts you want/need at 50 different retailers some of you have lost sight of the obvious....

:(

Buckeye
08-14-2008, 07:32 PM
I agree with you and as a owner of a fairmont and a cougar I think it shows I get it, BUT 10k is a ton of dough for that car

Mavowar
08-14-2008, 08:55 PM
I agree with you and as a owner of a fairmont and a cougar I think it shows I get it, BUT 10k is a ton of dough for that car

What year Cougar My father owns a nice 67' Standard Coupe, Painted Zinc Yellow,A well built 351w with Roush 200 heads, fair sized cam etc....Has Edelbrock rims...
I cant get him to drive it much though I may get him to drive it up at the Sunday hot rod drags@edgewater

I like Fairmont/Zephyr Wagons always thought a Blown 552 with a little NOS would make a nice Drag strip terror.....

In fact after I get done doing the Maverick for Road racing that is the next car I build or a 2 Door Falcon Wagon.....

Mavowar
08-14-2008, 09:02 PM

The issue is finding a really nice clean one.....I agree 10k is a bit much.....but I would stick with 7-8k its just easier on the wallet over all depending on type of build.....That nice with virtually no rust I would keep it original other than a v8 swap and a T5

Buckeye
08-15-2008, 12:11 AM
The cougar is a 68 with a gt-40p motor and a t5 and currently a 4:56 but most likely a 4:11 soon

I think you forget where you live... Out west those are not as hard to find in good shape as here.

Mavowar
08-15-2008, 12:38 AM
The cougar is a 68 with a gt-40p motor and a t5 and currently a 4:56 but most likely a 4:11 soon

I think you forget where you live... Out west those are not as hard to find in good shape as here.

Demographics always play a part in value.:)
However, if you buy one out of state even with lots of pics you still take a chance...
My dads car was shipped in from Arizona as 99.9 percent rust free rolling chassis less motor and trans and anything rubber or interior. The desert did its best to make those parts not usable. We saved a lot on body work but payed trying to find a good interior parts and chrome. We finally found NOS wheel lip chrome moldings. A set of four was $750.00 ,they now go for over $1200.00 if you can find them. That was back in early 2000. The best deal we found was a Perfect Crack free Black dash pad locally for $20.00. So it goes both ways.

We also Shipped my Brothers 97 percent rust free and damn near perfect 73' Maverick Grabber from California.That was 3 years ago or so. Car was $4800.00 Shipping was $1000.00 Even in three years that same car would go upwards of $7500.00. Hopefully his car should be at the track next year. A well built 331 stroker, RHS heads, large hyd roller cam, reverse manual c4 3500 stall from Coan. Motor was set up for NOS but my Brother needs about a season of seat time as he is a total rookie to this kind of power and racing in general. We should end up with a 150-200 shot at some point. He got the racing bug after riding in my car when it was still together. His car originally had a nice 302 that went low 14s but ya know.....:bigthumb

if you got any pics of your cougar email them to Mavowar@insightbb.com

I would love to check it out!!!!

Rabnud
08-15-2008, 08:07 AM
if you got any pics of your cougar email them to Mavowar@insightbb.com

I would love to check it out!!!!

Don't keep them private! Post up some pics! I love mavericks/cougars... my pops had one that I wanted something fierce back in high school... One day I'll own one. I've often contemplated selling my cobra and buying a maverick and going nuts with it.

BIGRED Z
08-18-2008, 12:45 AM
I'd love to see the look on that loan officers face when you dropped that bomb.

I'm sorry, you need 10K for WHAT???

may93
08-18-2008, 11:53 PM
I guess it all in what you like. If you were to buy a pinto and have it completely restored it would cost you that much and more. Just a paint job alone is $5000.00 plus these days.
Myself I think it needs a fuel injected Windsor with a 6 speed and 9 inch rear axle. I bet know one would make fun of it then.