Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Stupid Problem related to scrapping vehicle. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Problem related to scrapping vehicle.

PaulFiveOh
07-30-2008, 04:11 PM
I had a beater truck that I kept to haul stuff with. It's an 89 F150 with a 351 in it.

Yesterday, it blew a head gasket. I didn't want to eff with it so I was able to drive it to "Reading Recycling" which I pulled up on google.
I did this at 1am, so of course they were closed.

Well now its parked in the Ghetto off Reading road next to the scrap place and they won't answer their phone. Tried from 7am to now.

So I guess my problem is that I don't know where to take it now to scrap it? Any one have any ideas in that area? I want to try to drive it there and not bother my friend with a flat bed.

facemelter71
07-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Is it that bad??.......Are you willing to sell it?
Never mind,i found the ad.

Timido
07-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Miamitown has been $230 a ton for cars

DeckerEnt
07-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Scrapping a car isn't just drive it there and get cash. You must drain all the gas, oil, fluids, remove the gas tank, and tires. That is what River Metals in Newport told me. Unless you are taking it to a junk yard. They usually take anything but you will probably get more money from a scrap yard.
Keith

89notch
07-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Scrapping a car isn't just drive it there and get cash. You must drain all the gas, oil, fluids, remove the gas tank, and tires. That is what River Metals in Newport told me. Unless you are taking it to a junk yard. They usually take anything but you will probably get more money from a scrap yard.
Keith

Not in ohio they take it with all of those still in it

Black Horse
07-30-2008, 07:42 PM
You are not too far from the U-Pull-It place (near Cincy Speed). Give them a shout.

BillyBob
07-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Garden Street was getting $215 about 2 weeks ago. But you have to drain ALL the fluids. Garden Street's Website (http://www.gardenst.com/default.php)

PaulFiveOh
07-30-2008, 08:45 PM
You are not too far from the U-Pull-It place (near Cincy Speed). Give them a shout.

Oh cool thanks.

Phipps told me $430 and I drive it there and then leave.

I suspect they may use it as a yard truck.