Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Pussification of American Males [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Pussification of American Males

BigBadStang
07-27-2008, 08:03 AM
I've noticed this gradually coming on for some time now, but WTF is the deal? Has anyone noticed the TV commercials, and TV shows where the guy in the scenario is a complete pussy, and a total dumbass?
Take for instance, the Multi Grain Cheerios commercial. This one pisses me off to the nth degree! For those who have yet to see it, CLICK HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67VkhKKjodc&feature=related). Seems like "Steve" needs to bash that woman in the face with the box for acting like a total bitch!

HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdRLYqP7ZoM) is another...the guy is made to look like a total fucking idiot.

There are many, many more commercials, and TV shows that portray the White American Male as being an incompetent, bumbling, sissy-ass, that can hardly function without the guidance of a smart ass woman telling him what to do, and how to do it! (and don't even get me started on the metro-sexual bullshit, or the EMO's! :mad:)

Looking back, it seems the yuppie was first step towards this pussification. Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a man being clean, and neat...but the guys that are plucking, and waxing, and wearing "guy liner", going to tanning beds all year 'round, and wearing polo shirts 3 sizes too small with the collar turned up, with their hipster jeans :barf: are the pussified white American males that will only further this "trend" (god help us all). It's scary that these "men" may be raising children. :eek:

I had thought that maybe it was just my perception of these shows/commercials, but after shopping this theory around to some friends and co-workers it seems like I'm not alone in this thought. So, being as SBZ.com members are known to have strong opinions (naw...are you kiddin me?...:lol:), I thought I would see what everyone here thought on this topic.

So let's hear it...
I'm curious to hear the womens point of view on this too. Do the ladies here like a "traditional" male, or a pussified metro sexual?
Is it Liberal thinking vs. Conservative thinking, or am I just taking all this shit the wrong way?

:popcorn:

Pops Fun
07-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Hi
I believe that it has already happen.

PaulFiveOh
07-27-2008, 09:31 AM
Ha! Good post my friend.

I think there is a fine line between ensuring that you look good and 'fresh' and just being a fagget.
For instance, I have a few friends that routinely spend $150 on a pair of pants & $200 for a shirt. Thats ok in my opinion, shit its their $350, not mine. But when one has to run in to the bathroom to fix their out fit or brush their hair....thats WAY over the line IMO.

ibstrokin
07-27-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand the Cherios/Steve commercial. I change the channel every time it comes on.

Dedicated5.0
07-27-2008, 10:27 AM
It's a bad trend that has been going on for some time now. It has even penetrated into our sports. Can barley touch a QB in the NFL now. What happened to sliding 'spikes-high' into second base (don't even get me started on the phantom tags) or crashing through the catcher? Hockey has been toned down. Lots of 'rough driving' penalties in motor sports.

Alert News Flash: Watching NASCAR Performance as I write this. A viewer letter just complained about Chad Kannus's (sp) hands being manicured and polished. That just drives home the point. First class Pussification if you ask me.

MsBlkramair
07-27-2008, 11:17 AM
I think its about tie there are male bashing commercials.........it its payback for all the dumb blonde/barely dressed girlie commercials out there. And most of you men wouldn't be where you are in life without your smart ass woman keeping your lazy asses in line anyway!:D

Buckeye
07-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Anyone want to Start a Fightclub to help offset this? LOL

92StangMan
07-27-2008, 12:40 PM
These are the guys who usually have no problem finding a woman too...

Goober
07-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Anyone want to Start a Fightclub to help offset this? LOL

I know this because Buckeye knows this, lol!

Mista Bone
07-27-2008, 02:59 PM
Blue jeans and a T-shirt = all I desire and need.

Until current job in which I'm required to wear a supplied polo shirt, only time you'd see me in a polo is if I was goi
ng to a funeral. I'm not a "suit" and have only wore one twice.

1) HS senior pic
2) wedding

I MIGHT, but highly doubt it, wear a suite and my sons wedding.

Redneck, maybe, but I'm happy with it.

Sharad
07-27-2008, 03:07 PM
yep, I agree that the white American male has been pussified. (cough, liberals, cough cough)

I'm glad I don't fit into the white American male demographic. Not that I wouldn't be proud to be one... just saying that they'll soon be the minority. As it is, society has made it so that the white American male owes EVERYONE an apology for something! F-that. Every man should be responsible for his own actions. Ummm, I'm going off on a tangent.

I will say this though, two of the dudes I work with have recently had their hair dyed. One of them even made fun of my gray hair. Well, I'd rather have gray and receding hair than have gay hair. Whatever else my hair says about me, it does not say "I love to smoke the pole."

IWRBB
07-29-2008, 11:18 AM
You just now noticed all this? It's been going on for decades. It's not just white males either, it's the whole damn country as a collective. I call it the Pussification of America.

BigBadStang
07-29-2008, 12:18 PM
No, I noticed this a long time ago as well. It was that fucking cheerios commercial the other day that set me off! :lol:

Greg Seibert
07-29-2008, 12:47 PM
You know, Dad used to tell me that fights between two men were never broke-up. Just fists were used, and usually the two went away friends, with respect and honor preserved. He said changes started in this country after the war (WW2), and I recall through the sixties and onward, this Pussification creeping in little by little. When ever I get my fill of the BS of it all, like seeing the Cheerios commercial, pussies in NASCAR that don't work on cars, Homos, Lesbos, Emos, Metros, I simply throw in a flick like the Magnificent Seven, Shane, Band Of Brothers, then all is fine again.

smoker
07-29-2008, 12:59 PM
those commercials are definitely designed to sell the product to women as no man whose testicles have dropped will look at those guys in the commercial and say,,"hey that guys pretty freakin cool"....i suggest that if like me you have kids and the remote is usually no where to be found, start wrapping your nut sac in aluminum foil so that goofy shit like this wont find any way to seep its way into your manhood.....

Buckeye
07-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Has anyone seen my flip flops? I just got my Fohawk and wanna wear my pink polo shit down to the tan place and then hit up the mall, But I can find my flip flops!

J/k REALY J/K

Waffles
07-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Most of the sit-coms on TV for years have been those set up with a clear thinking, logical, reasonable, woman with some bumbling idiot imbicile of a man. Everybody Loves Raymond, Home Improvement, etc etc etc. I don't even watch shows like that because I find them ridiculous and insulting. I feel EXACTLY what you're saying.

92StangMan
07-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Home Improvement? Married...With Children? These are some of the best sitcoms ever.

Pops Fun
08-19-2008, 10:13 AM
How Long Do We Have?

About the time our original thirteen states adopted their new constitution in 1787, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh , had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years earlier:

'A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government.'

'A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.'

'From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.'

'The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years'

'During those 200 years, those nations always progressed through the following sequence:

1. From bondage to spiritual faith;

2. From spiritual faith to great courage;

3. From courage to liberty;

4. From liberty to abundance;

5. From abundance to complacency;

6. From complacency to apathy;

7. From apathy to dependence;

8. From dependence back into Bondage'

Professor Joseph Olson of Hemline University School of Law, St. Paul , Minnesota , points out some interesting facts concerning the 2000 Presidential election:

Number of States won by:
Gore: 19
Bush: 29

Square miles of land won by:
Gore: 580,000
Bush: 2,427,000

Population of counties won by:
Gore: 127 million
Bush: 143 million

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:
Gore: 13.2
Bush: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: 'In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of this great country.
Gore's territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare...'

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the 'complacency and apathy' phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the 'governmental dependency' phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

DeckerEnt
08-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Steve, you are making me want to move to Dad's farm, set up a perimeter, and shoot anything that comes near me.

Show the rest of the world that you are a real man. Grab 2nd with authority Every time, come home smelling of gunpowder every once in a while, and teach your children to do the same!
Keith

BigBadStang
08-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Amen Keith.
I've been teaching my wife and children how to "lock and load" and "shoot to kill" on a weekly basis.

Pops Fun
08-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Steve, you are making me want to move to Dad's farm, set up a perimeter, and shoot anything that comes near me.

Show the rest of the world that you are a real man. Grab 2nd with authority Every time, come home smelling of gunpowder every once in a while, and teach your children to do the same!
Keith

Hi
I like to think it can be turned around!!! Get out and vote!!! local elections are probably were you can make a difference, put up a sign and show people where you stand!!
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." -- Alexander Hamilton

I know I am working against Ohio Rep. Sherrod Brown

Steve steps off soap box :)

Mavowar
08-20-2008, 11:23 AM
I hear ya....

I think if two men Give a verbal agreement to do battle....

There should be know Suing, or arrests made after the fact....

part of being a man is protecting your property and family...

Now the criminal has more rights....

All I can says is FUCK THAT SHIT!!!!

I don't take shit from anybody But i don't serve "shit" up on a silver platter to anybody either....

at least we got the UFC for our sons to watch:bigthumb

Black Horse
08-20-2008, 12:35 PM
I just want to be a lesbian

Pops Fun
08-20-2008, 12:39 PM
:lol: Good one!!