Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Exhaust setup [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust setup

stang99gtv8
07-25-2008, 07:49 AM
My project 86 5.0 has shorty headers and straight pipe for the exhaust with no x or h pipe on it (bougth it that way. I have never really seen a modest built engine without an h or x pipe, and have always been under the impression that that you get more power with the exhaust equalizedusing the x or h pipe. However I had a guy last night that builds drag cars tell me to leave as straight pipes, but said he builds chevys all the time so I wanted to get the real mustang guys opinions. With a mild cam, shorty headers, bored 30 over, msd ignition, and cold air intake, should I keep the pipes sperate or get an H pipe for it?

stang99gtv8
07-25-2008, 08:09 AM
Also while I am asking and tune stuff, how exactly do you tune the 5.0 fuel injected motors. I had my 99 tuned at MD motorsports with a sct xcalibrator, but I don't know what all the computer controls on the fox 5.0's.

facemelter71
07-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Spend the money and buy a prochamber.DO NOT leave it single piped all the way back.It has no way to equalize pressure in the two tubes.And an H-X pipe helps PULL the exhaust from the cylinder.Put an H pipe on it at least.