Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
anybody work at a honda dealer? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : anybody work at a honda dealer?

RACEME
07-20-2008, 06:44 PM
I just got a 99 civic, and the radio is locked out. Can anyone get a radio code for me?

Jeff88coupe
07-20-2008, 07:12 PM
You maybe able to do a internet search for it Tim. I found the a code that worked for the radio in my 92 accord that way.

Sparky
07-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Is there any leftover literature in or on the car telling what dealer it was originally from? Most places won't give it to you unless you bought it from them. Plus, I think sometimes they can't get a code if they didn't sell it new. Theres some kind of serial number on the back of the radio they have to access and call Honda direct. Usually you just go by the vin number. But what I was getting at before, is find out who sold it new and call their service department. Tell them your a body technician and you had to unhook the battery to do some welding on the car. I did that once and it worked. Thats all I know to tell you. I do work for Bill Marine Honda here in Springfield, and usually when they do a new car prep, they will put the sticker somewhere in the hatch area in the jamb. Its a six digit number. In case you don't know, after the third failed attempt to enter the correct code it will lock you out and then you will have to take it in. Hope this helps.

On a side note.......I f*cking hate hondas! They make me cringe every time I see one come in on a rollback. Nice car to own and drive...but if you have to do structural or interior work, they totally suck.

RACEME
07-21-2008, 05:08 AM
I looked around in the trunk and did not see anything. I do have the info in the owners manual about the original owner and dealer. I will call them today. It was posted on a honda forum that they try to charge you like $100 to unlock it. I will put a new radio in before I will pay much for the code.

I bought a hanes manual, but is there any tricks to get the radio out?

Paul408Notch
07-21-2008, 07:01 AM
I'm pretty sure that in 99, they had the radios bolted in from the back. There's quite a process to get it out of there. I can't remember 100% that it's how they are, but I'm pretty sure.

Sparky
07-21-2008, 07:56 AM
Also flip through your paperwork and see if they don't have it tucked away in the manual or if there is a dealer inspection sheet. Sometimes they write it down or the original white plastic card will be in there with that 6 digit number on it all by itself. If all else fails, pm me the vin number and the dealer info and I'll try to get it for you. I can't remember exactly how that thing comes out, its been awhile since I've worked on the 98-02's. I think it involves tearing most of the front of the dash,including the center console out of it. After its all said and done you'll wish you spent that 100 bucks lol.

RACEME
07-21-2008, 08:46 AM
I called performance honda. I gave the service dude the code from the sticker in the glove box. He gave me the code over the phone. I am very happy for that. Now I need to sneak out and try it. It was only a 5 digit code.

BigBadStang
07-21-2008, 09:08 AM
All this stereo lock out code stuff is a bunch of bullshit. I mean, how many times have you ever heard of a factory stereo getting peeled? Who the hell wants a factory stereo so bad they'll steal it? The only thing this shit was implemented was to generate service at the dealerships.

Glad you got your code, and I hope it works, but this inane kind of bullshit annoys the piss out of me.

RACEME
07-21-2008, 09:17 AM
it worked! Moderator please close this thread....wait thats me?

Mista Bone
07-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Do you know who you talked to at Performance Honda?

Sounds like you got ahoild of Mike or Chuck.

RACEME
07-22-2008, 05:33 AM
not sure who I talked to, but I will do business there. They took good care of me, and was very polite to an unknown guy that was not a paying customer.