Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
head question [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : head question

mustangjon
07-18-2008, 11:15 PM
gt 40 heads.. i got some used heads just dissasembled them and a few of the intake ports had some pretty heavy rust/corrosion/sludge build up.. can anything other than a cracked head cause just a few cylinders to be that way? my build thread has some pics...

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44871

ibstrokin
07-19-2008, 12:12 AM
Did they come off of a running car? If they were laying around they could have had water spilled in them. You can always have them magnafluxed to be sure.

mustangjon
07-19-2008, 12:27 AM
actually emailed seller... trying to find the unknowns out.. just odd two cylinders on one head.. another on one... but the one had corroded shut to point i had to tap it out.. so im thinking had sat around.. just wierd only got wet in a few cylinders

Timido
07-19-2008, 10:09 AM
A machine shop could save you alot of trouble by pressure testing the heads before you install them

smoker
07-19-2008, 11:24 AM
yea, if your in elsmere id run em up to earl at mild 2 wild, in the ky motors building...hes a helluva good guy

mustangjon
07-20-2008, 08:18 PM
they are going to machine shop either way.. but debating if testing them before i put hours into porting.. since its only the 3 cyl... and after talking with seller.. he did port matching for me.. which i wasnt thinking since it was late.. but prolly was just metal shavings down in there.. since he did it with valves in knowing i was taking to machine shop. not to mention after thinking about it water in a running engine does typically steam clean the combustion chamber which wasnt the case.

Which koi is earl at? the elsmere one, or 18 one? Was prolly taking to monarch for valve job