Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
question for CCW carriers [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : question for CCW carriers

BIGRED Z
07-18-2008, 02:21 AM
Ok, me an the hubby have a concealed weapons license in the state of KY. It is recognized in all states (on our vacation to Florida) except South Carolina. We plan to spend some time in Myrtle Beach.

Question is: say something goes down on the beach in a state that does not recognize your concealed carry. Say we carry anyway, (which we do intend to do) and Johnny-robber eyes my jewels and decides he wants to relieve me of my beloved bling-bling...we shoot and injure/kill poor Johnny-robber.

How are we implicated?

Mista Bone
07-18-2008, 02:42 AM
depends on your lawyer and your deep pockets.

Techinaclly this post means you PLAN to disobey the SC laws and that is NOT GOOD!

BIGRED Z
07-18-2008, 02:45 AM
depends on your lawyer and your deep pockets.

Techinaclly this post means you PLAN to disobey the SC laws and that is NOT GOOD!

Ah geez fucker, get off me!!!! See why people hate you? LOL

Just plan to have them "accesible" no matter where we are. How's that? :rolleyes:

BIGRED Z
07-18-2008, 02:49 AM
Point being, I didn't get this CCW license to let it sit in the safe. I keep it on me to keep ME safe. See how that works?

So, I need to know what the implications would be if shit were to go down. OR, how I would need to "arrange" things to make it legit....lol, I need to know if I have to drag some dead carcass to my hotel room and let Paris clean up the mess. (We're staying at the Hilton.)

PaulFiveOh
07-18-2008, 03:27 AM
It means the only person who can answer your question is a Criminal attorney from the SC bar.

Mista Bone
07-18-2008, 03:41 AM
I'd get off on you, but your used to the sperm curtin shower :) ( sorry Ron!)

You posted valid question, one you cannot answer from a coffin.

Babe, you know the routine, double tap to END the attack, worry about the rest later,

Damnit didn't we already have this conversation at Ryan's parents before his dad died?

BIGRED Z
07-18-2008, 04:23 AM
I'd get off on you, but your used to the sperm curtin shower :) ( sorry Ron!)

You posted valid question, one you cannot answer from a coffin.

Babe, you know the routine, double tap to END the attack, worry about the rest later,

Damnit didn't we already have this conversation at Ryan's parents before his dad died?

Dude, are you EVER sober???????

You don't make a damn bit of sense even when I am.

BIGRED Z
07-18-2008, 04:30 AM
To re-post the obvious question....d0oes anyone know the answer????

Timido
07-18-2008, 05:49 AM
If you shoot someone that is robbing you and not harming your life that is murder. CCW or not. Even if you are in the right durring a shooting you can expect to spend 10k$ or more on lawyer fees.

YouGotJunk
07-18-2008, 05:52 AM
I would say if they dont recognize your permit....Than to them your are no better than any other person carrying a concealed weapon. Just because you allowed to carry in ohio and a few other states, doesnt mean you can carry everywhere. If you choose to carry where your not supposed to and "shit goes down". I would say you would be charged just as any another civilian that's carrying illegally.

Pops Fun
07-18-2008, 06:40 AM
Hi
How much time til you leave!! Get a non-resident license from a state that is honored in SC an Ohio, TX, etc. If you do it would fix the legal carry option. the shooting for bling...bling is another matter.
I have Ohio, Pennsylvania and New Hampshire licenses and can carry in quite a few places.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/NonResidentPermits.pdf

Steve

DeckerEnt
07-18-2008, 08:40 AM
Just my personal opinion but I would rather be judged by 12 people than carried by 6. Carrying a firearm concealed in a state that says you can't means you are breaking their law. If you get caught, deal with it. Get a lawyer and fight it.
The whole point of conceal and carry is conceal. A cop told me that after he had my hands up, turned around, and the weapon removed from my belt. Because I had a permit, he handed the weapon back and told me to have a nice evening.
Keith

PaulFiveOh
07-18-2008, 08:48 AM
I would rather be judged by 12 people than carried by 6.
http://hiphoparchive.org/thecircle/wp-content/images/masterp.jpg
I love you Decker, for that lol. Don't know if you knew or not but thats a line from a Master P song.

BigRedZ lady...

Do you routinely wear jewerly when you swim? Would it not be smarter to leave it in the hotel room?

Your asking a pretty serious question, but it looks like your not doing any research on your own. Like every other state, SC posts their Revised Code in a serachable, online format.

BigBadStang
07-18-2008, 09:06 AM
I have an Ohio resident CCW, and a non-res New Hampshire, and non-res Florida CCW's. This allows me to carry in every state but Cali, Oregon, Colorado, N/S Dakotas, Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan (sucks...go BUCKS!!), Illinois (Obama's communist state), Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusets, Vermont, Maine, and Hawaii.
These 3 permits will give you the most coverage with the least amount of permits.
Like someone stated, you can only justify a shooting if your life is in danger, and in Ohio (not sure of KY's wording), but you have the "Duty to Retreat", unless you are in your own home, or place of business. I get what you are saying about keeping it close, but if you smoke someone on the beach, you will need to dig deep and lawyer up. Odds are you will be arrested, booked, and processed like any other person who is caught carrying criminally.

Waffles
07-18-2008, 11:30 AM
I had my KY permit, but did not renew. In KY, you must reasonably believe that your life is in danger to use deadly force. "Reasonably" means that you can't shoot someone just because they say they're gonna kill you. Now, if someone is weilding a knife and makes the same threat, it would be more reasonable. If they had a gun, it's even more reasonable. Rarely I think, will you find a case so clear cut that you don't end up in court.

You can also use deadly force to protect someone else's life. However, the standards are higher. If it's someone else, you must believe their life is in eminent danger, AND BE RIGHT about it. If the guy has a gun with no bullets, you're fucked. If it's a fake gun, you're fucked.

I got my CCW back in 2000 or so. (Ohio was still a stupid state then.) When I traveled, I'd get a letter from the attorney general of the state I was travelling to or through clearly stating their interpretation of the laws of the state. Remember, California has CCW permits.... they just haven't issued one since the 70s.

Black92LX
07-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi
How much time til you leave!! Get a non-resident license from a state that is honored in SC an Ohio, TX, etc. If you do it would fix the legal carry option. the shooting for bling...bling is another matter.
I have Ohio, Pennsylvania and New Hampshire licenses and can carry in quite a few places.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/NonResidentPermits.pdf

Steve

+1 with this. It's simple and keeps you legal.

DeckerEnt
07-18-2008, 03:36 PM
[QUOTE=PaulFiveOh;392568
I love you Decker, for that lol. Don't know if you knew or not but thats a line from a Master P song.

You are getting a little too personal with that. No I didn't know that he sang that. I said it a long time ago..
Keith

PaulFiveOh
07-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Lol. ^

BigBadStang
07-19-2008, 12:40 PM
That saying is older than Methuselah!
:lol:

PaulFiveOh
07-19-2008, 12:46 PM
I have a feeling that only a few people know who Methuselah is. But God, it is ever apparent that I am 19....Apparently Master P DID NOT come up with all the clever phrases I know....heh heh

Waffles
07-19-2008, 01:52 PM
...older than Methuselah!
:lol:

:lol: I haven't heard that saying in a long time :lol:

I have a feeling that only a few people know who Methuselah is. But God, it is ever apparent that I am 19....Apparently Master P DID NOT come up with all the clever phrases I know....heh heh

Methuselah, for those who don't know, was the oldest person recorded in the Bible. 969 years.

ewalt
07-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, getting an out state permit for you is not going to do you any good. SC only honors a permit if you're a resident of the permitting state. Therefore, there is no way for you to carry legally in SC.

It's really a matter of what you're willing to do and sacrifice. Asking anyone else for their opinions is moot, because you're the one that is going to be tasked with defending your actions if anything happens. You could very well end up behind bars if you're caught carrying, let alone if you use it to defend yourself. What are you going to do if you get pulled over? Or end up in line for a DUI checkpoint? Not saying that the cop will absolutely search you, but if something happens and you get pulled out of your car and he pats you down.....

http://www.scstatehouse.net/code/t16c023.htm
SECTION 16-23-460. Carrying concealed weapons; forfeiture of weapons.

Any person carrying a deadly weapon usually used for the infliction of personal injury concealed about his person is guilty of a misdemeanor, must forfeit to the county, or, if convicted in a municipal court, to the municipality the concealed weapon, and must be fined not less than two hundred dollars nor more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned not less than thirty days nor more than ninety days. Nothing herein contained may be construed to apply to (1) persons carrying concealed weapons upon their own premises or pursuant to and in compliance with Article 4 of Chapter 31 of Title 23, or (2) peace officers in the actual discharge of their duties. The provisions of this section do not apply to rifles, shotguns, dirks, slingshots, metal knuckles, or razors unless they are used with the intent to commit a crime or in furtherance of a crime.

So you can be fined or spend no less than 30 days or no more than 90 in jail according to that. Depending on your states laws, a misdemeanor conviction could also bar you from obtaining or having a permit in your state as well. SC law also says that your "weapon" will be confiscated because it was used in a violation of law. You'll also undoubtedly be breaking other laws in doing so as well.

You may also be found guilty of some violation in the following SC Code, and as you can see, if so, the penalties are much stiffer.

http://www.scstatehouse.net/code/t23c031.htm
Penalties.
A person who violates the provisions of this article is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, must be fined not more than ten thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

(6) "Concealable weapon" means a firearm having a length of less than twelve inches measured along its greatest dimension that must be carried in a manner that is hidden from public view in normal wear of clothing except when needed for self-defense, defense of others, and the protection of real or personal property.

(7) "Proof of ownership of real property" means a certified current document from the county assessor of the county in which the property is located verifying ownership of the real property. SLED must determine the appropriate document that fulfills this requirement.

Also, in SC you aren't not allowed (by law, that I could find) to protect simple property like jewelry on your person. You'd have to be certain your life was in danger if you did not defend yourself. It's really your call. I wouldn't, but that's me.

PaulFiveOh
07-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Wow, it's actually pretty strict. I would not have guessed that for SC.